Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sunderland relegated

124»

Comments

• Options
    Club and international management are very different things. Ignoring the non-playing side for a moment, even the playing side is massively different.

Club manager has his squad pretty much 24/7, can work on systems, patterns of play, positioning, etc. Guardiola is famous for this, given any situation on the pitch he'll have his players drilled as to where they should be and what they should be doing. If players don't match the system, get new players in, guide the club youth policy to develop the type of players required (a la Barcelona). Basically the manager, unless fire-fighting, gets to dictate who plays and how.

The international managers has his players for a very limited time and has a limited pool of players to pick from. There's not time to work on the majority of stuff listed above. So where as the club manager's job is to dictate the style of play and work with his players to achieve it, the international manager's job is to find a style of play that a)get's the most from the players available and b) requires the least amount of time on the training field to get those players working together as a unit within that system.

They are very different skill-sets and I think the differences are massively underestimated by fans and those within the game.

It's also why players who perform well at club level may not be able to replicate it at international level. They will get a far higher level of instruction at club level and should be part of a well integrated machine. At international level they will get far more direction from the manager, everything will be far more general and it is up to the player to work out how to replicate their club form, the manager simply hasn't got the time with the players to spend drilling each one on how and where he wants them to play and how that fits into the team system.
  • Options

Same waffle said about Blackburn and Wigan , ex prem clubs shit owners in League One blah blah blah they’ll struggle to get back up blah blah blah
    When right under our own noses the biggest joke of recent times of a football club is our own dearly beloved .
    Yet we still have far too many lame , deferential fans who would rather dig out the ones (protestors, CARD etc) who saw this shit happening a long time before they started to smell the vinegar pissing coffee that has been poured all over our club from that experimenting twat in Belgium

I think Sunderland deserve some credit in the badly run football club stakes. We're obviously up there with Blackpool but I think Sunderland have to be given credit for the speed of their descent.

Blackburn and Wigan aren't really in the same league.

Special mention to Coventry who have also been run really badly.
  • Options

Decent fixture next year for a change.

That and Accrington!
  • Options
    I caught the end of a story on the radio where they were saying a lot of Newcastle fans are trying to buy tickets for Sunderland's last home game so they can sing about it and laugh at them.

It's a cruel world!!
  • Options

I caught the end of a story on the radio where they were saying a lot of Newcastle fans are trying to buy tickets for Sunderland's last home game so they can sing about it and laugh at them.

It's a cruel world!!

Says a lot for their lack of a social life....
  • Options
    Thank god we don't support a basket case of a club like them :-). One thing going for Sunderland is their fan base. String some results together and they'll get bigger one off crowds than we can cobble together in a month.
  • Options
    As a Geordie. Hahahahaha
  • Options
    Only here for tidbits about Joey Barton's relationship with Sunderland
  • Options
    TTT
  • Options

Thank god we don't support a basket case of a club like them :-). One thing going for Sunderland is their fan base. String some results together and they'll get bigger one off crowds than we can cobble together in a month.

I didn't know their stadium was THAT big, sheesh
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Am i correct in thinking that the last club to have back to bsck relegations to L1 were Wolves? Turned out alright for them