Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sunderland relegated

Comments

• Options

SDAddick said:

And the fact of the matter is that British managers just aren't good enough to coach in the Premier League anymore, and things won't get better until we realize that and start dealing with underlying problems.

Yep Burnley, Bournemouth and Brighton should deffo be looking at getting a foreign coach in .
    What a ridiculous sweeping statement you make there , of course some British managers are pony and so are some foreign managers
    I think Sean dyche is doing pretty well personally, Eddie Howe and Chris hughton as pointed out above.
    Foreign managers tend to just buy players in I would put good money on most in here given Man City’s budget would win the league.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    JamesSeed said:

Serves them right for letting Jimmy Seed go after he was gassed twice in WW1.

Move on! :wink:
  • Options

Back to back relegations looming.

Where does it end for them?

A more spectacular decline than our own after dropping out of The Premier League. You have to wonder how they're going to turn things around from here.

An even more bleak future than our own.

Paying Jack Rodwell 70k a week in league one won't exactly help them!
  • Options

SDAddick said:

And the fact of the matter is that British managers just aren't good enough to coach in the Premier League anymore, and things won't get better until we realize that and start dealing with underlying problems.

Yep Burnley, Bournemouth and Brighton should deffo be looking at getting a foreign coach in .
    What a ridiculous sweeping statement you make there , of course some British managers are pony and so are some foreign managers
  • Options

SDAddick said:

I think Sean dyche is doing pretty well personally, Eddie Howe and Chris hughton as pointed out above.
    Foreign managers tend to just buy players in I would put good money on most in here given Man City’s budget would win the league.

SDAddick said:

Not necessarily, not as if Mourinho has had pennies
  • Options

SDAddick said:

Dunno, some might have wasted it on the likes of Morata, Bakayoko and Barkley.

Guardiola has spent a lot but at least bought well.
  • Options

It was announced today that a Netflix film crew has has access to Sunderland's team and fans all season and they will release a documentary about the season in a few months. THAT should be amazing to watch.

That should be interesting!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seemed a bad choice by Chris Coleman at the time, seems even worse in hindsight. He could easily have got a Swansea/Southampton type Prem job.
  • Options

Relegation is the best thing for Sunderland. Every year they've survived it's given another year of service to absolute jokers like Cattermole, Larsson, O'Shea and the rest. Players who signed for Sunderland on outrageous salaries and then decided not to bother being footballers anymore. The board also went to the Meire school of negotiating and had players like Fletcher on what felt like 400 year contracts that they couldn't shift. At least by going down they can clear out the useless lumps who were happy to sit and pick up their paychecks and they have the chance to rebuild

That worked out well B)
    Ha, yeah. Would have helped if they'd managed to get rid of the shite this season though. Cattermole, O'Shea, Rodwell, McNair, Kone all somehow still there even though they're dragging the club to hell with their salaries and awful attitudes. Never stood a chance
  • Options

SDAddick said:

Ridiculous decision by Chelsea to think that Morata and Bakayoko would be better than Costa and Matic.
  • Options

Relegation is the best thing for Sunderland. Every year they've survived it's given another year of service to absolute jokers like Cattermole, Larsson, O'Shea and the rest. Players who signed for Sunderland on outrageous salaries and then decided not to bother being footballers anymore. The board also went to the Meire school of negotiating and had players like Fletcher on what felt like 400 year contracts that they couldn't shift. At least by going down they can clear out the useless lumps who were happy to sit and pick up their paychecks and they have the chance to rebuild

That worked out well B)
    Ha, yeah. Would have helped if they'd managed to get rid of the shite this season though. Cattermole, O'Shea, Rodwell, McNair, Kone all somehow still there even though they're dragging the club to hell with their salaries and awful attitudes. Never stood a chance
    No one else is stupid enough to take on those salaries.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Going to be a shocking sight seeing them playing in League 1 in front of an almost empty stadium. What a mess they are in.
  • Options

SDAddick said:

Ridiculous decision by Chelsea to think that Morata and Bakayoko would be better than Costa and Matic.
    Weird that a team who would be playing more games this season, being in the Champions League, would leave themselves such a thin squad, after selling Matic and loaning out 40 odd players!
  • Options

Seemed a bad choice by Chris Coleman at the time, seems even worse in hindsight. He could easily have got a Swansea/Southampton type Prem job.

I bet he lies awake at night wondering how he screwed up so badly. From Euro 2016 hero status to managing a team in the 3rd division in 2 years.
  • Options

E-cafc said:

Going to be a shocking sight seeing them playing in League 1 in front of an almost empty stadium. What a mess they are in.

Yeah can’t imagine what it’ll be like to see an ex premier League club in a mess playing in league 1 in front of an almost empty stadium
    We are used to it. They arent
  • Options

I bet he lies awake at night wondering how he screwed up so badly. From Euro 2016 hero status to managing a team in the 3rd division in 2 years.
    I'm sure he sleeps ok. Was never going to improve on what he did with Wales at the Euro's and is earning more money at Sunderland than with Wales.

Oh and he's married to Charlotte Jackson!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's a useless twat who blames the referee after approaching 100% of non-won games
  • Options
    From games against Man U to playing Accrington Stanley inside two seasons.

It will be Interesting to see how Sunderland respond to L1? I don't get the impression they're ready for it.
  • Options

I'm sure he sleeps ok. Was never going to improve on what he did with Wales at the Euro's and is earning more money at Sunderland than with Wales.

He's never been a particularly good club manager.
    This... I didnt get the hype surrounding him, he's failed at every club he's been at

Wales was the one place where it worked for him and by leaving that role, he's blown in
  • Options
    edited April 2018

This... I didnt get the hype surrounding him, he's failed at every club he's been at

Wales was the one place where it worked for him and by leaving that role, he's blown in
    Isn't his Sunderland contract worth stupid money though? Can see why he was tempted to make the move from the Welsh national set-up
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Isn't his Sunderland contract worth stupid money though? Can see why he was tempted to make the move from the Welsh national set-up
    Oh can see why he was tempted as International Management is so stop / start i.e. as a Club Manager he's got the training / playing side every week so is always going to be more attractive as a role for the majority of Managers.
  • Options
    Wales under Coleman had a world class player who dragged the team through. I think the influence of Coleman was exaggerated....

No idea what Sunderland fans think of him?
  • Options

Wales under Coleman had a world class player who dragged the team through. I think the influence of Coleman was exaggerated....

No idea what Sunderland fans think of him?

I would imagine similar to us - face in the dugout is largely irrelevant until the club is sold.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Wasn't there a large "staying up" bonus though?

And if he had taken a PL job, I imagine he would have got similar terms. Swansea and Stoke both came up soon after he left Wales. Everton might have been beforehand, while Southampton is a recent job opportunity.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Same waffle said about Blackburn and Wigan , ex prem clubs shit owners in League One blah blah blah they’ll struggle to get back up blah blah blah
    When right under our own noses the biggest joke of recent times of a football club is our own dearly beloved .
    Yet we still have far too many lame , deferential fans who would rather dig out the ones (protestors, CARD etc) who saw this shit happening a long time before they started to smell the vinegar pissing coffee that has been poured all over our club from that experimenting twat in Belgium