Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Holidays 2017

Comments

• Options

After a good few years of reasonably excessive trips abroad, a big mortage on the horizon means raining it in for the foreseeable, so just had 5 nights in Cornwall and am ashamed I've never ventured down there before and will certinally venture that way more often now.

Loved Falmouth, St Ives, St Mawes and Porthleven amongst others. And another great Airnbnb experience.

For those asking about Malta in Sept, just a note that England play there on the 1st Sept, so probably a few k England fans for a week or so, which may not exactly enhance your holiday.

And a big plus for Dubrovnik and the Montenegro coastline for those who were discussing it above - stunning!!

good mate of mine owns a cottage in Porthleven and we've been quite a few times, absolutely love the place and surrounding areas - kids love Flambards and we love the harbour and pubs.

Senen Cove beach (nr Lands End) is a must visit place
    Is that the place with the theatre set into the cliff face nearby? If so then I agree as we went on a grey, drizzly day and it was still stunning.
  • Options

Did Sandy Balls at Easter, Centre Pacs in the May half term, couple of weeks in Chiclana, Spain in August and possibly the canaries in the October half term. Got a few weekend trips sorted, Goodwood Revival, Arras, New Romney.

Booked Disneyland Paris for the October half term in the end, has anyone driven there?
    I drove there a few years ago, I think it took about 3 hours from Calais, I remember that there was loads of parking at the resort
    Cheers, we needed separate rooms and the only Disney place available is 15 mins from the site with no shuttle.
    Watch out for police with speed cameras.
    All over the place when we went.
    Bloody hell, got me thinking, that was 12 years ago.
  • Options
    Where in south Devon @LargeAddick ? We went to Dartmouth for a week mid July and surrounding areas if you're after tips?
  • Options

After a good few years of reasonably excessive trips abroad, a big mortage on the horizon means raining it in for the foreseeable, so just had 5 nights in Cornwall and am ashamed I've never ventured down there before and will certinally venture that way more often now.

Loved Falmouth, St Ives, St Mawes and Porthleven amongst others. And another great Airnbnb experience.

For those asking about Malta in Sept, just a note that England play there on the 1st Sept, so probably a few k England fans for a week or so, which may not exactly enhance your holiday.

And a big plus for Dubrovnik and the Montenegro coastline for those who were discussing it above - stunning!!

good mate of mine owns a cottage in Porthleven and we've been quite a few times, absolutely love the place and surrounding areas - kids love Flambards and we love the harbour and pubs.

Is that the place with the theatre set into the cliff face nearby? If so then I agree as we went on a grey, drizzly day and it was still stunning.
    The Minack Theatre?

Porthcurno isn't it? Definitely on my 'to do' list.
  • Options

Where in south Devon @LargeAddick ? We went to Dartmouth for a week mid July and surrounding areas if you're after tips?

just over the Dorset border, near Seaton, Beer, West Bay etc.
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

We go to Menorca on Saturday morning for a week.
    Kids (4+6) excited by the hotels' on site water park.

If they are happy - we are happy.

Where abouts is that if you don't mind me asking?
    Hotel sur menorca in Punta Prima with Thomsons.
  • Options

The Minack Theatre?

Porthcurno isn't it? Definitely on my 'to do' list.
    It was about 10 mins from Lands End. Well worth a visit for the stunning location and interesting history.
  • Options
    A lot of sleazyjet luggage out of Gatwick North is not making it onto planes. Make sure you have iyour bag abelled inside and out.
    If travelling in a group - put some of each other's things in every case.

Mine took 2 days to arrive in Spain.
  • Options

Red_James said:

Booked a holiday to Mauritius for next March for 2 weeks for me, the missus and our son who will be 15 months old when we go.

Has anyone been/can recommend any trips/restaurants etc?

Just catching up on this thread - where in Mauritius?
    Hotel is in Pointe Aux Piments
  • Options

just over the Dorset border, near Seaton, Beer, West Bay etc.
    Beer is lovely. Great walk from Beer to Branscombe. A beautiful part of this wonderful country.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Did Sandy Balls at Easter, Centre Pacs in the May half term, couple of weeks in Chiclana, Spain in August and possibly the canaries in the October half term. Got a few weekend trips sorted, Goodwood Revival, Arras, New Romney.

Booked Disneyland Paris for the October half term in the end, has anyone driven there?
    Mate it's a great drive really easy ,
  • Options
    Just getting ready to board 6:40 ferry to Calais then long drive to Spain, hope the sun will be shining alll the way.
  • Options

Mate it's a great drive really easy ,
    Cheers mate.
  • Options

Just getting ready to board 6:40 ferry to Calais then long drive to Spain, hope the sun will be shining alll the way.

Jealous... that must be a really fun drive, especially when you get to the Pyrenees
  • Options

Next week to South Tyrol - in Italy just beyond the Brenner pass, but German speaking. St Martin in Passeirer, north of Merano. Not widely known on here I would suppose, but if anyone has been, and has tips...

So nobody knew this place, but it turns out that it was the training base for the Germans before Brasil 2014... I suppose because it is quite high up at 600metres, and quite a bastard to get to. The ground is just across the road from our hotel.
  • Options
    Just about to start the final leg of journey home from my holiday in Spain ☹️ But what a view to wake up to!!

• Options
    Off to Benidorm on 12th October for 4 nights with my wife, we have never been before. From those that have been, what is a "must do" thing to do?
  • Options
    and her daughter Gorgeous Barbara
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Vicky retired back in 2015.

• Options

Off to Benidorm on 12th October for 4 nights with my wife, we have never been before. From those that have been, what is a "must do" thing to do?

genuinely wonder whether @DaveMehmet has developed some sort of Alert App for these type of posts....

It's all about the timing mate.
  • Options
    I saw 'Sticky Vicky' perform shortly before she retired. An experience that will stay with me for the rest of my life!
  • Options
    edited September 2017

Sticky Vicky
    It’s all about her daughter now. Witnessed one of her performances last year - not one of by best memories.
  • Options
    Just back from Spain....1 month and 1,900 miles later.
  • Options

Fly straight back home.
    Bar crawl in the Old Town.....2 euros for a beer and a Tapa's.....if your anywhere near Jimmys Red Lion bar give him a Charlton scarf/shirt, we're about the only team not represented in there.....Jimmy's a lovely bloke though he does support M'boro.
  • Options

How did it go Justin?
  • Options
    It was fantastic, I loved the fact that you can't park a car at the hotels but plenty of parking spaces for your mobility scooter.

Only on Benidorm can you see sooooooo many tribute bands in one night, we managed to catch a glimpse of a shit Adele, Rod Stewrart, Beatles and a really, really shit Freddie Mercury, but good fun.

The old town was really nice but really busy.

Saw some real beer casualties at 12:00 midday, I guess their day couldn't get any better.

Stayed well away from sticky Vicky or any other members of her family.

Weather was great (high 20s), beer was cheap and hotel was superb (Medlia Benidorm).

Great value, but 4 nights was more than enough.