Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Thames Garden Bridge

13»

Comments

• IT_Andy said:
    Confirmed today that the project wasted £43m of public cash.

Info from The Times

An investigation into the Garden Bridge Trust’s finances showed that the organisation spent almost £418,000 hosting a fundraising dinner in Battersea, southwest London, to drum up support for the project.

Documents released by Transport for London (TfL) show that just over £1.7 million was spent on salaries for executive staff, almost £2.2 million on consultants, £2.3 million in legal fees, £9.5 million on designers and £161,400 building a website.

The charity was made to pay back a series of private donations after pulling the plug on the project in late 2017. It repaid £3,200 to a donor who won a charity auction to play table tennis with Mr Johnson, which never happened.

A donation of almost £2.3 million was repaid to Bloomberg Philanthropies, the charity established by Michael Bloomberg, the former mayor of New York. Another donor who was repaid £33,000 wrote to the charity to say that it was the “most bogus and irresponsible shambles I have ever had the misfortune to get involved in”, the documents show.

After all the cockups Boris Johnson has made as London Mayor, he walks about without taking any responsibility, when in my opinion he shouldn't be allowed in a public office post again.

Has he had a good track record in any job? Has he ever taken responsibility? He is the Teflon man. Does what he wants, says what he wants and ends up getting a promotion. 
  • I’m amazed he agreed to the cable car. Didn’t begin with B.

Boris Bikes (agreed by Ken?) 
    Boris Bridge

He must have done something else as mayor but I can’t remember it. 
  • Boris Banned Bendy Buses.
  • edited February 2019
    Bought Boris Buses backdoor buggered because Boris banned busconductors 
  • Wally Wanted Wildcat Watercanons 
  • I’m amazed he agreed to the cable car. Didn’t begin with B.

Boris Bikes (agreed by Ken?) 
    Boris Bridge

He must have done something else as mayor but I can’t remember it. 

Airport in the sea. Boris island, millions spent on waffle.
  • he didn’t actually do the airport though, doesn’t count. Would have had to incorporate. Boris Beach to have made it. 
  • he didn’t actually do the airport though, doesn’t count. Would have had to incorporate. Boris Beach to have made it. 
    Water cannons that were not legal in this country. 
  • edited February 2019
    Oops got that wrong see below.

• Sponsored links:

• edited February 2019
    Boris’s BritaIn 🇬🇧 
  • Ah yes Brady Boris
  • One of his last mistakes was agreeing to build the expensive cycle paths along the Thames Embankment, knowing the fact the road was going to be dug up for new sewage pipes the followng year.  Also the buses he introduced had millions spent on replacing windows that didn't open. They also cost £350,000 each, which was £50,000 more than a standard bus and the batteries were too expensive to replace, the list goes on.

• Well i like him.
  • Well i like him.
    Jolly good. Why?
  • edited February 2019
    Without making this political as I am referring to two Tories, it reminds you about what is broken in this country. Boris has a brother who is 100 times more able, competent and above all more honest than he is and yet he is the one that gets the top jobs. He is absolutely hated by many in his own party.

The West Ham gift to Tory donors, the Garden Bridge, That poor woman stuck in an Iranian Jail - when is this git and cheat going to get what is coming to him?
  • Boris’s BritaIn 🇬🇧 

Have said it it many times...they should have left the nasty prick up there!!
    Water cannons that were not legal in this country. 
    Bought for £320,000...sold for scrap, unused, at a cost of £300,000

This idiot costs as much as some dodgy figure on the side of a bus!! 
  • May I propose we build the Boris Gibbet and hang the twat?