Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Guardian Video on Leyton Orient

I found it hard to watch this video without drawing similarities between their plight and ours: two deranged and meglomaniac owners who don't care about the supporters or the football. The only crumb of comfort is they didn't have to endure Meire as CEO. Sad times: https://www.theguardian.com/football/video/2017/apr/24/its-like-a-circus-here-leyton-orient-fans-furious-with-owner-after-relegation-video

Comments

• Options
    So bloody sad.

'One selfish man' as one fan said.
  • Options
    That is pretty shocking, and has some uncomfortable echoes with our current plight. I have fond memories of popping over to Leyton Orient, which was my first away game when I was a kid . Games mostly seemed to end 0-0 over there, but didn't matter, Leyton was a decent little club.
    And the people in charge of football are allowing this sort of thing to happen, the governance of the game in this country is in dire need of a major overhaul.
  • Options
    This video long with the one the Guardian made about us, should be sent to the FA & tell them to act NOW.

fit & proper test. Shocking.
  • Options
    Leyton Orient - a decent and proper football club. When I was much younger, and couldn't get to a Charlton away game, I would often make the short trip to Brisbane Road, so have always had a soft spot for them. I hope they bounce back quickly, but looking at the number of former league clubs they will come up against, it will be a hard task, made even worse by the imbecile who is responsible for their very sad demise. Good luck to the 'O's' and their supporters. We feel for you.
  • Options
    I think the real comparison to CAFC and RD is not Leyton, but Coventry with SISU.

They each follow the same "should not lose money" mantra and SISU has actually cut Coventry's losses to minimal amounts, all the while watching them sink further and further.

I worry this is our future wth RD.
  • Options
    There have been crud owners of football clubs down the years - but poor old Orient surely takes 1st place (in a list you don't want to be top of)

Was it 3 years ago they nearly made the 2nd division (in old money) ??

A very good mate is an Orient supporter - he is devastated

What happened to our wonderful sport.......
  • Options
    Only one comment .. our fans are definitely better looking than Orients