Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Last Q&A of the season sunday: CAST - save the best to last

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    Because they are fools. Meire thinks she knows more about football than us. She has/had a fantastic resource under her nose but was too stupid to use it!
  • Options
    Yours was a good question Razil, especially when you highlighted that if the debt was so friendly why not convert to equity and write it off. She/they have no answer to that.
  • Options

Yours was a good question Razil, especially when you highlighted that if the debt was so friendly why not convert to equity and write it off. She/they have no answer to that.

It's worse than that given that significant parts of the debt cannot be considered genuine spending by the club under this regime and appear to have been included simply to inflate the debt figure.
  • Options
    Whatever she is earning it will be too much. Not fit to do the job
  • Options

If Meire came out and said the mistake they have learned was the inability to create a balanced squad, I might find some optimism from somewhere. But she has never said it, despite it being the main issue.

Because she knows there is every chance that it could be an issue again next season if Roland refuses the funding Robinson needs.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

I just wish to add to other comments. Her tenure as CEO is so pathetic and negative the amount is irrelevant. No CEO would survive such failures. RD has no interest in the club otherwise she would be gone.

Apologies for my delay in my write up. Others have covered it well. I chose to follow up on this comment because it pretty much was my question. Must admit my emotion got the better of me and essentially my question to her was 'did she honestly believe that had this been any other job of similar standing, say managing partner of a law firm, md of a company, would she genuinely be still be in a job?'

Admittedly I led with the fact that it's been an utter shambles and however you try and look at it we're a mess. But she didn't answer me. She just sat there. I guess my initial diatribe could've been interpreted as a bit aggressive, but that's 3 years of frustration coming to fore.

Others put their questions and points across in a much more calm and measured way so I felt it was a good exercise on the whole. She pretty much walked out miffed so you could tell the session had been useful in that way.

Barney the ex CAST chair made a good point about the interest on the loan. She said the interest isn't being charged or paid back at the moment (I think, or something to that effect), trying to dismiss it as not relevant. If it's not relevant, then why the hell is it even there in the first place.

I felt she has a certain reposte for questions talking about her love for Charlton and learning from her mistakes, but I believe that if you could get the conversation into a more emotional, open space, you could try and make a bit of headway. By that I mean I don't think she could hold the 'learning from mistakes' line in front of true, authentic, open conversations over a longer period. I'm not questioning the authenticity of fans' questions, it's more the fact she has been able to rehearse responses to more standard questions and the time allowed.

Unfortunately it's all moot even if we able to open her up a bit, because she's the chief administrative/operational officer at our club. The real power sits a few 100 miles away, does what he wants and until you get him in a room and pick him apart, we'll never get the answers to our questions
    It's most likely that there would be an issue if a profitable business gave, or lent interest free, money to a loss making business. The idea of converting it into equity would also be an issue as the loans are from another business owned by RD not RD himself. Thus the business that converts the loans would be able to declare the loans as written off. I don't know how this works across borders but if it is possible then it would be a great way for a business to mitigate against tax. I can't help but feel that the tax authorities would want to prevent this.

It's not like I'm investing my own money into my own business.

If the upshot is that the club don't ever have to pay the money back nor pay the interest then it matters not what the level of debt is or what the interest charges are.

I don't trust KM but if that is what she is saying then that is the only answer needed. If she is, in actual fact, lying then that's a different situation, but on the basis that she isn't going to admit it, it doesn't change the answer, or require another one.
  • Options
    These meetings are a box ticking exercise.

Did she appear to take anything on board from this latest one?
  • Options

These meetings are a box ticking exercise.

Did she appear to take anything on board from this latest one?

to be fair to her she apologised for offending anyone with the customer quote in Dublin. They may be seen as a box ticking exercise in better communication etc, but she was rattled and a large amount of the criticism was directed at her.

I don't think she'll be offering up as many of these if she's still here next season and we start badly
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    That is why I followed up with asking her to guarantee no future sale would involve separation of the Valley from the club in order to recoup that debt. She of course would not.

Edit: it's a shame ffp doesn't stop owners saddling clubs with debt rather than injecting equity first at least. I wonder how much of that debt is allocated to ffp.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    razil said:

That is why I followed up with asking her to guarantee no future sale would involve separation of the Valley from the club in order to recoup that debt. She of course would not.

Edit: it's a shame ffp doesn't stop owners saddling clubs with debt rather than injecting equity first at least. I wonder how much of that debt is allocated to ffp.

I would also like to see EFL consult on more punitive measures against rogue/poor owners. Admittedly this is tough to do, because how do you determine someone is a rogue owner, but it can't be too hard if you really set your mind to it.

For example, do we know if Bechetti of Orient left players and staff unpaid for March because he simply can't afford it, or can't be bothered? If the later then slap a massive fine on him, personally.

Very simplistic I know but if the EFL truly are the governing body of the game, start f****** acting like one. Don't just ride the glory of sky sports 10 games in 10 days during December
  • Options
    Here is our report of the meeting

castrust.org/2017/05/615616/
  • Options
    How depressing
    Did she actually say "early doors"?
  • Options
    If you read it in isolation she comes across as genuine and quite convincing. Sadly, her dismal track record in terms of truth and performance undermines anything she says. As for the endless banging on about the training ground ...
  • Options
    So, when she said splitting football club and The Valley ownership was not up for discussion did she mean it wasn't up for discussion with you peasants or not up for discussion with prospective buyers? I suspect I know which but could anybody clarify pls. It sounds like that question brought an abrupt end to proceedings.
  • Options
    Q: Would he sell the club if we were in League 2 with zero attendance?
    A: The development of the training ground shows the mindset of the owner.

Right...
  • Options

Right...

All it shows is that he doesn't deliver on promises even with things that do apparently rock his ageing boat
  • Options

Right...

That reminded me of this two Ronnie sketch

https://youtu.be/BvmRI6K8TS8
  • Options
    "Q: So why not write off the loans?
    A: It’s not an issue until the club is sold."

Exactly. That's our point - we want Roland to sell, and he's asking a ridiculous fee.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Q: So why not write off the loans?
    A: It’s not an issue until the club is sold.

But the same person assured us the club was not for sale?
  • Options

cabbles said:

I would also definitely be up for one next season because she boxed herself into a corner about how next season will be different. If we're in the same shit position next year then you can just refer back to what she said in the meeting

But next season they will have learned from their mistakes again, I made the point before this season started that if somebody says they have learned from their mistakes, a good test is for them to tell us what the mistakes were. For me it has been the recurring inability to create a balanced squad - sometimes a nearly balanced squad missing only 2 to 3 players, but never being able to address or undertsand this basic principle - and it isn't about money. All I heard was the solution was to appoint an English manager, that I pointed out before he was appointed was negative in the extreme and had never won anything!

Having learned from their mistakes apparently at the start of the season, we played the first part of the season with the wrong midfield attributes -lack of balance. Then we addressed this to a degree in the winter window but sold our top and third highest scorers without bringing any goals into the side - lack of balance again. That has always been our greatest mistake - when you get loss of form and injuries, it is the sides you can put out. Because of the way the squad has been constructed, and how it is always constructed under these idiots, you have too many key games where we start them with one hand tied behind our back, without the attributes to have a decent chance of winning them. Or at least winning the numbers that we need too. Look back to all the seasons - it is always the same. The lack of balance may be in different areas, but it is always there. It has to be down to how the club recruits and how it determines what it needs!
    100% this.

Whilst never feeling comfortable with them I did at first give some benefit of the doubt. But next year I wont be renewing my season ticket after55 years following Charlton and probably 30 as a season ticket holder.

We have had incompetent people at Charlton before but I have never known a bunch of people who spit on their own "customers" like these people do, they don't deserve my or my families support and until they go they are not getting it any more.

• Options
    Q: Can you confirm the Jimmy Seed stand is safe?
    A: (TK) In order to achieve the various certificates and licences we have to have an external check carried out every summer. I can confirm the stand is safe. Previous checks have noted that the stand has an asbestos content but this would only pose a risk during demolition. There is potential for The Jimmy Seed stand.

Potential for what Tony..??