Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Last Q&A of the season sunday: CAST - save the best to last

Comments

• Options

Has your ranking as a famous Belgian improved with every appointment?

If only they could manage football clubs like they manage beer.
    They can't even manage that. Have you tried the beer at the Valley lately? Stale piss, left to sit in the barrels for weeks because they can't sell it quick enough.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Missed It said:

They can't even manage that. Have you tried the beer at the Valley lately? Stale piss, left to sit in the barrels for weeks because they can't sell it quick enough.
    Said per Oz with Geordie accent "Belgie beer is a cut above though pal. Any race that can brew beer properly is on the right lines. We just got a couple of wrong uns. It would not surprise me to find out he does nay drink.

Wanker"
  • Options

Can you point to a single achievement under your tenure which demonstrates that you really are learning from your mistakes?

And name the mistake that you have learned from.
    I think this one is really, really important. It's easy to say "oh, we've hired British managers now." But it's far more substantive and meaningful to say "we were wrong to hire so many managers inexperienced who were not ready to make the step up given their record (Peters, Fraeye, arguably Luzon).
  • Options

Question for Richard Murray:
    Learned from mistakes etc, we' ve heard all that ad nauseam.
    What about learning from your successes, ie from Alan Curbishley? What did you learn from him about successful management, and how have you tried to implement it in conjunction with your fellow board members?

No chance of him being there. He's a coward
  • Options
    How many season tickets have you sold?
  • Options
    Missed It said:

Sorry, I meant as a country.

Leffe Blonde is yummmmm
  • Options
    If anyone asks the K question (as in Kermorgant) at the QandA she will roll her eyes in exasperation and tell you that he wanted to leave.

By the way, when I said in earlier posting that KM was responsible for on-field failings as well as off I was referring to her control (by her own admission of involvement) in transfers (e. g. I enjoy doing the deals...in her Jim White interview). The majority of clubs will target players not only for their skills but will also do the homework on the individual to see if they will fit into the team. Under the influence of Driesen they may be focusing too much on stats and if Katrien is being blinded by this then she is partly to blame - I think the Ajose transfer might be one where she was led astray and where she would maybe have benefited from a British football mentor of the kind she has so completely rejected working with.

Would she now acknowledge this as a mistake as well?
  • Options
    Chief Executives need to set examples.

Here are some leading Chief Executives whose examples it would be useful you could follow.

Dave Forsey (Sports Direct)
    Andy Parker (CAPITA)
    Michael Sharp (Debenhams)
    Stuart Mitchell (SIG)
    Katrina Percy (Southern Health NHS Trust)
    Elias Jahshan (Lidl UK)
    Marco Airoldi (Benetton)
    Claus-Dietrich Lahrs (Hugo Boss)
    Roger Ailes (Fox News)
    Richard Anderson (Delta Airlines)
    Charles Scharf (Visa)
    John Stumpf (Wells Fargo)

• Sponsored links:

• Options

If anyone asks the K question (as in Kermorgant) at the QandA she will roll her eyes in exasperation and tell you that he wanted to leave.

Would she now acknowledge this as a mistake as well?

I know this isn't really the right place but Yann has just scored for Reading who are heading for the play-offs in the division above ours (having helped Bournemouth up to the Prem of course). It was your call Katrien.

Big mistake, Huge!

17 goals this season at a higher level than us.
  • Options
    Ask her if she understands the offside laws!
  • Options

For a while now I've been baffled as to why KM subjects herself to this situation. Whether it is her fault or the owner or both, the results show it is simply not working. Why not just accept it and move on to something different, rather than allowing herself to be continually criticized and disliked publicly by thousands. It surely can't be worth it, no matter how big the salary???

Because it ticks a box
    Hopefully not hers. Ooooh perish the thought.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Actually.......ask her why, the moment they walked in the door, they ripped the spine out of the side by selling Kermorgant and Morrison......two unforgivable actions, from which we have never recovered.
    From that moment on I was on the back foot with this bunch of pratts.....their knowledge and understanding of English football was then and still is appalling/non existent.
  • Options

Actually.......ask her why, the moment they walked in the door, they ripped the spine out of the side by selling Kermorgant and Morrison......two unforgivable actions, from which we have never recovered.
    From that moment on I was on the back foot with this bunch of pratts.....their knowledge and understanding of English football was then and still is appalling/non existent.

Guessing you mean Stephens though the point is the same.

Morrison was sold a year later and even signed a new contract under them. Went on loan after being 3rd choice behind Ben Haim and Bikey, and it was made permanent in January.
  • Options
    Did she turn up?
  • Options
    Nice to meet @Rob7Lee - will post up my thoughts later.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Nice to meet @Rob7Lee - will post up my thoughts later.

You too mate, next time we'll chat for longer.

Yes, she did turn up.
  • Options
    Interested to hear from those that attended.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

IT was interesting but I realised half way through that I just can't take her at face value for much of what she says and the way she wrung her hands tightly whilst saying how much she loved the club emphasised that somewhat. I beleive a full write up will happen as per the last time.

Translating body language:

Wringing hands
    It could mean: She's cold.
    But it might mean: She's worried.
    What the experts say: "People who are very uncomfortable with a question, topic, or situation sometimes do this."

It does not mean that she is affirming her love for the club.
  • Options
    Anyone want to give us a quick summary or flavour of what was said? Or do we have to wait for a full write up to be translated from Welsh and agreed with the club first, etc?
  • Options
    Does it matter what was said, we all know nothing ever comes of these cosy chats. Waste of time in my opinion
  • Options
    Cambridge said:

Quick summary -
    - South Stand is safe. It has asbestos in roof so IF that is taken down / the stand altered there would be safety issues around the asbestos.
    - She loves the club and loves working for Charlton so she doesn't want to leave.
    - They've learnt from mistakes (again).
    - We will lose money whether in this league or the Champs (most depressing part for me - we're screwed no matter what).
    - The debt doesn't matter (including interest) as we're not paying it and Roland knows he won't get it back. We therefore suggested he write off the debt, that was avoided and then the meeting ended.
    - We have new tick-boxes for signing players. There are 6 criteria players have to meet (but as long as they meet 4 we'll buy them). We actually now call old bosses / physios etc. to make sure the players are what they say on the tin (wonder what we used to do, just hope?) Karl knows League 1 and what type of player it will take to get out. And lastly an agreement that players weren't trying hard enough / the players bought didn't care.

That's a rough and ready summary. Personally - more depressed after hearing that than before I went in!

Thank you for this much.
    I spoke at length to somebody who was at the meeting, and I also got the impression that everything is even worse than we imagine, nowhere near improving.
    It does not look as if anything was said at this meeting that would encourage anybody to buy a season ticket, quite the reverse.
    I also read elsewhere that Katrien does not know the law regarding any declarations on company accounts.
  • Options
    I'd need to read the law, but her description was - she is not paid as a director, she is paid as the CEO. Don't know if that's allowed / possible, but that was the reason she gave for not disclosing.
    She said no directors (her, RD, and RM) are paid and thus no declaration has to be made. She also said the directors are happy with her in the job - so again, her, RD, and RM.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    She believes as she is remunerated as a CEO and not a director it doesn't need to be disclosed. We'll check that out.

From a brief check if all directors remuneration is under £200k it doesn't need to be...