Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

ST JAMES' PARK AND LONDON STADIUM RAIDED AS PART OF POLICE INVESTIGATION - SKY SOURCES

13»

Comments

• edited April 2017
    So according to the Daily Mail, this image rights scheme is tax avoidance (not evasion) that was agreed with clubs and players by HMRC in 2014-15...

I have as low an opinion as anyone else about tax avoidance, but I can't see what basis the HMRC has to make a fuss about this. Since this has been ongoing since before May called the general election, the investigation is not a pre-election stunt, as such, although the high-profile raids could be. The investigation seems to be a result of HMRC getting a kick up the backside by a Commons committee some time ago.
  • Abracadabra. Now you see the posts, now you don't.
  • big story this .. will it involve 'organised crime' and money laundering ? .. I would love to see a few of the dodgy foreign owners banged up for a few years

I think you'll find Gold, Sullivan and Ashley are all British.
    Thanks Einstein .. glad to see you're on the case
    Is there absolutely nothing you can't pin on 'foreigners' Lincs?
    well you always sound like a whinging, arrogant, know all alien so .. to use your favourite vernacular .. go fuck yourself .. OK
    Hmmmm - high percentage vote for BREXIT in Lincolnshire - is there a connection here.......

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/36616740
    well old chap, we're a long way from events at Newky and Newham .. the Brexit vote in Lincs was (in my opinion and from talking to people) the classic Bronx cheer against the government .. too little investment in the county, too much emphasis on support for the big urban conurbations allied to a perceived too big an influx of foreigners competing for jobs, school places, hospital appointments, the usual stuff ..
    the fact that MANY foreigners work diligently in low paid factory and farming jobs, the jobs that too few English people want to do, that is forgotten .. BUT that is a very complicated issue and this aint the place to discuss it

I voted Brexit for entirely different reasons .. I no longer want the country where I was born and raised, where my offspring were born and raised and for which my ancestors fought for and worked hard in; I no longer want a bunch of Belgium based civil servants ruled over by the German chancellor to dictate what WE British can and cannot do.

As an aside, British troops are now stationed in the Baltic countries, the RAF has sent fighter aircraft to assist the Romanian armed forces against possible outside interference. These tin pot little backwaters want to make it a 'hard Brexit', want to dictate how Britain frames policy to exit from this 'happy union' .. If Russia invades them (VERY unlikel;y) ? .. tough .. let the French and Germans sort it out
    Where is 'Newky' ?

British troops / planes are there because of NATO, not because of the EU

I agree with you on foreign workers - particular in Lincolnshire and other agricultural based areas of the UK - Who are hardworking and doing jobs which Brits (in the main) seem unwilling to do

However, if we (as a nation) genuinely think we can leave the 'union' on an economic basis, and stand on the same platform as the EU, we are way off the mark

As for politics - well if you are not in the debating chamber, you don't exist...
  • big story this .. will it involve 'organised crime' and money laundering ? .. I would love to see a few of the dodgy foreign owners banged up for a few years

well you always sound like a whinging, arrogant, know all alien so .. to use your favourite vernacular .. go fuck yourself .. OK
    Hmmmm - high percentage vote for BREXIT in Lincolnshire - is there a connection here.......

well old chap, we're a long way from events at Newky and Newham .. the Brexit vote in Lincs was (in my opinion and from talking to people) the classic Bronx cheer against the government .. too little investment in the county, too much emphasis on support for the big urban conurbations allied to a perceived too big an influx of foreigners competing for jobs, school places, hospital appointments, the usual stuff ..
    the fact that MANY foreigners work diligently in low paid factory and farming jobs, the jobs that too few English people want to do, that is forgotten .. BUT that is a very complicated issue and this aint the place to discuss it

I voted Brexit for entirely different reasons .. I no longer want the country where I was born and raised, where my offspring were born and raised and for which my ancestors fought for and worked hard in; I no longer want a bunch of Belgium based civil servants ruled over by the German chancellor to dictate what WE British can and cannot do.

As an aside, British troops are now stationed in the Baltic countries, the RAF has sent fighter aircraft to assist the Romanian armed forces against possible outside interference. These tin pot little backwaters want to make it a 'hard Brexit', want to dictate how Britain frames policy to exit from this 'happy union' .. If Russia invades them (VERY unlikel;y) ? .. tough .. let the French and Germans sort it out
    Where is 'Newky' ?

I agree with you on foreign workers - particular in Lincolnshire and other agricultural based areas of the UK - Who are hardworking and doing jobs which Brits (in the main) seem unwilling to do

However, if we (as a nation) genuinely think we can leave the 'union' on an economic basis, and stand on the same platform as the EU, we are way off the mark

As for politics - well if you are not in the debating chamber, you don't exist...
    Newky .. errr shorthand for Newcastle (could you not have worked that out ?) .. I'd be happy to 'Brexit' out of NATO and your second point .. nowhere have I suggested that we seek any 'economic basis' or 'Euro platforms'. whatever they are .. I take it you were a remainer .. in the minority that is

Where is 'Newky' ?

Newky .. errr shorthand for Newcastle (could you not have worked that out ?) .. I'd be happy to 'Brexit' out of NATO and your second point .. nowhere have I suggested that we seek any 'economic basis' or 'Euro platforms'. whatever they are .. I take it you were a remainer .. in the minority that is
    Well it could have been Newquay in Cornwall .....

Given that NATO has protected us for decades I think I would like to stay in that organisation at least

Economically - I don't have a crystal ball of course, but (my view) massively uncharted territory - don't forget we joined the EEC when we're the 'sick man of Europe' - let's hope we don't return to those days

Minority ...... marginally - wonder what the vote would be now, if people had a 2nd chance.....
  • edited April 2017

big story this .. will it involve 'organised crime' and money laundering ? .. I would love to see a few of the dodgy foreign owners banged up for a few years

Where is 'Newky' ?

Well it could have been Newquay in Cornwall .....

Given that NATO has protected us for decades I think I would like to stay in that organisation at least

Economically - I don't have a crystal ball of course, but (my view) massively uncharted territory - don't forget we joined the EEC when we're the 'sick man of Europe' - let's hope we don't return to those days

Minority ...... marginally - wonder what the vote would be now, if people had a 2nd chance.....
    lol Newquay FC has not (yet?) been raided by HMRC .. we all have different ideas about politics, Brexit etc etc ..
    The 'Common Market' the UK joined less than 50 years ago was a very different outfit to what the EU has now become .. Germany ruling the roost over east European countries which the UK, the USA and Russia spilt blood and spent treasure to free from the Nazi yoke .. how ironic, if not a jest from the gods or the devils

THAT is the prevailing opinion amongst a LOT of people in Lincolnshire, at least most people that I have chewed the fat with lately

You mean English right?
  • To be fair to West Ham, I can't blame them for trying to save a few quid, their new stadium must be costing them a fortune.

This looks like a record breaking post on the LOL count
  • .image

Fucking hell. My tax code took a beating for that? Cnuts!
  • Sponsored links:

• T.C.E said:

To be fair to West Ham, I can't blame them for trying to save a few quid, their new stadium must be costing them a fortune.

If they are found guilty, can we all expect we expect a tax rebate? ;)
    Struth, I didn't expect it that quick. My pension payslip just arrived. ;)image