Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is the Club advertising for a new CEO?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Too difficult an ask for Tony Cajones anyway.
  • Options
    We may mock but read on.......................not CEO but a chief scout in the making?

BBC South Wales Sports News 11th October 2013

The BBC understands that Cardiff City have suspended their head of recruitment Iain Moody and replaced him with an unknown 23-year-old who has been watching Cardiff’s Premiership games on his laptop. Moody helped Cardiff sign summer recruits such as Gary Medel and Steven Caulker in his scouting role. But he has been succeeded by Alisher Apsalyamov, who was on work experience as a painter/decorator at the club in the summer. A Club spokesman said: “Apsalyamov's role will be to focus on gathering data on individual players”. He will be responsible for the January transfer window that could determine whether Cardiff City stay in the Premier League.
  • Options
    Jesus. What is the incumbent supposed to do? Turn the ceiling of Crossbars into the Sistine Chapel with a Sanctified RD and KM with 12 disciples, be it interim or otherwise, gazing in awe and wonder. Or paint the yellow lines to "improve the stadium." Can't make it up!
  • Options
    Painting over the cracks?
  • Options
    I've come about the job as a handy man
    Great! When can you start?
    Straight away
    Fantastic! Can you paint the dressing rooms please?
    No, sorry
    Why not?
    I can't do painting. I'm allergic to paint.
    Oh well, never mind. Can you go and help cut the pitch?
    No, sorry. I get hay fever.
    Oh right. Well, the floodlights need fixing, can you help with that?
    Vertigo
    Can you do a bit of plastering?
    Failed the plastering test.
    Carpentry?
    Not allowed to use hammers, since the court case
    Wallpapering?
    Not if it needs ladders
    Clean the floors?
    What, with my back?
    Help out in the office?
    Claustrophobic
    Sweep the car park?
    Agoraphobic
    Look, if you don't mind me saying, I don't think you're very suitable for this job. You can't paint, you can't cut the grass, you can't plaster, you're not allowed to do woodwork, your bad back prevents you from cleaning the floor, you can't work indoors and you can't work outdoors. Why on earth are you applying for the job as a handyman?
    I only live round the corner
  • Options
    edited April 2017

Possibly she's having her portrait painted on the ceiling of the Covered end just like the Sistine chapel?
    We can gaze up and she can gaze down......forever.

Nah. Someone would get jealous if we had a view like that :smiley:
  • Options
    meh!

The limits of her academic skills!
  • Options
    She interviewed 36 fully qualified painters within minutes of the ad being posted & then hired Guy Luzon.
  • Options
    "Come to the Valley and see the premier league painters of the future"
  • Options
    I was working as a painter and decorator for around fifteen years in Spain. I don't know too much about rates of pay in the UK now but after an almost non stop recession here, 8 pounds an hour would get you a very average painter. Don't be surprised if any fresh psint you see at the Valley in august gets washed off the first time it rains.
    Perhaps it's maintenance on the new flats where the Jimmy Seed stand is currently?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Im a painter by trade and do not know anyone who would work for 8 quid an hour! Beside the crap pay, the advert is just pathetic

A pigment of their imagination
  • Options
    Chizz said:

I've come about the job as a handy man
    Great! When can you start?
    Straight away
    Fantastic! Can you paint the dressing rooms please?
    No, sorry
    Why not?
    I can't do painting. I'm allergic to paint.
    Oh well, never mind. Can you go and help cut the pitch?
    No, sorry. I get hay fever.
    Oh right. Well, the floodlights need fixing, can you help with that?
    Vertigo
    Can you do a bit of plastering?
    Failed the plastering test.
    Carpentry?
    Not allowed to use hammers, since the court case
    Wallpapering?
    Not if it needs ladders
    Clean the floors?
    What, with my back?
    Help out in the office?
    Claustrophobic
    Sweep the car park?
    Agoraphobic
    Look, if you don't mind me saying, I don't think you're very suitable for this job. You can't paint, you can't cut the grass, you can't plaster, you're not allowed to do woodwork, your bad back prevents you from cleaning the floor, you can't work indoors and you can't work outdoors. Why on earth are you applying for the job as a handyman?
    I only live round the corner

I thought the punch line was going to be along the lines of ' you'll fit in well here at Charlton- you've got the job'
  • Options

Think I'll go for it, I do F. All all day and I'm full of bullshite , finally something I'm born for.

I think your best suited for the CEO job of CAFC.