Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Spares for the Swindon game

2»

Comments

• I genuinely never expected someone to have to spell this out
  • stonemuse said:

Back on topic with the sensible and helpful posters, please inbox me anybody who has a spare.

I don;t want to sound churlish, but there are about 12000 tickets going spare - all you have to do is go online , buy one & print it off. Its not rocket science.
    The club then get the money as opposed to giving it to a fan.

It's not rocket science.
    But they get the money anyway because the person you purchase the ticket from paid the club ... therefore, like it or not, you are indirectly paying the club.

:wink:
    It could be said one of us are splitting hairs, but as far as I am concerned if I am giving a fan money then the Belgians directly are not getting it.

I can see where you are coming from tbf.
    And if that fan has already bought the ticket and then turned out it was going spare then the club were getting money anyway.

So Elfs is taking that spare so the fan doesn't lose out and the club don't gain.
    Precisely.
  • edited April 2017

stonemuse said:

Back on topic with the sensible and helpful posters, please inbox me anybody who has a spare.

I don;t want to sound churlish, but there are about 12000 tickets going spare - all you have to do is go online , buy one & print it off. Its not rocket science.

It's not rocket science.
    But they get the money anyway because the person you purchase the ticket from paid the club ... therefore, like it or not, you are indirectly paying the club.

It could be said one of us are splitting hairs, but as far as I am concerned if I am giving a fan money then the Belgians directly are not getting it.

And if that fan has already bought the ticket and then turned out it was going spare then the club were getting money anyway.

So Elfs is taking that spare so the fan doesn't lose out and the club don't gain.
    Precisely.
    I could be wrong, but couldn't the person with the spare ticket go back to the club before kick-off and get a refund ? therefore they wont be out of pocket.
  • Where it breaks down is if people buy an extra ticket thinking 'we'll if my mate who's a 20% chance of attending doesn't make it at least @ElfsborgAddick will buy it off me'

Then @ElfsborgAddick tactic is contributing more to Roland's coffers than buying his own kids ticket.
  • stonemuse said:

It's not rocket science.

Precisely.
    I could be wrong, but couldn't the person with the spare ticket go back to the club before kick-off and get a refund ? therefore they wont be out of pocket.
    It seems like you are trying to be funny, for some strange reason.