Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Conversation with Katrien on Facebook - ground developments?

Comments

• So we're going to buy the best players from league one and then only have ambitions of reaching the playoffs with that squad?

Hmm. Best players from the league with ambitions to reach the playoffs... You could almost call that a "top 6 budget"
  • So we're going to buy the best players from league one and then only have ambitions of reaching the playoffs with that squad?

Hmm. Best players from the league with ambitions to reach the playoffs... You could almost call that a "top 6 budget"
    Best players according to who ?
  • vff said:

So we're going to buy the best players from league one and then only have ambitions of reaching the playoffs with that squad?

Blobbington.
  • What happens when he gets his hands on a football ground https://youtu.be/sSzS0FV92vk
  • The old terrace went back further, I assume the club sold off the land at the back in the 70s, so that the block of flats could be built?

Hope so. Otherwise me, my brother and uncles were standing on thin air!
  • Sponsored links:

• This photo shows how far back the old terrace went, in comparison to the Covered End

Cheers. Strange that was never the traditional home end because of a lack of a roof (or before segregation?) Looks like it could have given the Kop and others a run for its money!
    Before segregation there was no 'home end' just the Open End and the Covered End. My dad used to stand half way up the Open End about level with the west side of the penalty area.

When that end of the ground became designated for away supporters my dad would still go through the away turnstiles (as he had been doing for decades), walk through the Jimmy Seed stand, round the south east corner and on to the East Terrace.

My mum used to stand in the south east corner (prior to meeting my dad when she moved to stand with him and his family), just as well she did as they strangely built a giant floodlight pylon at the foot of the south east corner, hypothetically ruining the view for about 5,000 people (had they been there).

All before my time of course.

• Well that's it then... we'll have shiny new dugouts to match our state of the art designer pitch, we'll be the envy of teams up and down the country, this changes everything... ROLAND IN!

Will the dugouts have those padded seats? Wow we will be the envy of League One, everyone will be up to beat us now.
  • Is it a vain hope that having superior dugouts will mean that due to FL rules we cannot be relegated to Division 4?
  • and don't forget the new website................

If we finish 13th then we will be the champions of the bottom half of League 1 (at least that is what KR seems to be implying) and that will be akin to winning a trophy in Katrien's mind.

I'm sure she will be eager to promote same on the website along with the new dugouts and anything else which can be spun into some kind of positive to offset against three seasons of going backwards and multiple corner turning to no effect.

It all just beggars belief. She really doesn't have any perception of how to interact honestly with other people - its all just spin after spin after spin with zero substance.

It wouldn't surprise me if she gave the sofa idea another go or maybe that will be the innovation for the dugouts!
  • vff said:

So we're going to buy the best players from league one and then only have ambitions of reaching the playoffs with that squad?

Driesden
  • and don't forget the new website................

If we finish 13th then we will be the champions of the bottom half of League 1 (at least that is what KR seems to be implying) and that will be akin to winning a trophy in Katrien's mind.

I'm sure she will be eager to promote same on the website along with the new dugouts and anything else which can be spun into some kind of positive to offset against three seasons of going backwards and multiple corner turning to no effect.

It all just beggars belief. She really doesn't have any perception of how to interact honestly with other people - its all just spin after spin after spin with zero substance.

It wouldn't surprise me if she gave the sofa idea another go or maybe that will be the innovation for the dugouts!

All she needs now is to promise 15 chips per portion and there will be an avalanche of season ticket applications.
  • LoOkOuT said:

Let's not forget the palaver involved in getting a lick of red paint and a new sign for the Jimmy Seed. What chance do we have of a rebuild under these morons? Zero.

And Sparrows Lane redevelopment that seams to amount to a few table cloths put down by Brussel and under soil heating that didn't involve any kind of boiler.
    Fortunately the calibre of people that Duchatelet employs at SMT level this will not happen.
  • South stand becoming unsafe ? In what way exactly ? Seats on concrete steps sounds unlikely to cause problems. I assume it's the cover ? In which case it won't get a safety certificate will it.

I read this as laying the ground to develop the south with flats. Nailed on.

Just sell
  • Having not sat in the JS for about thirty years I'd totally forgotten how little room there is back there, any development of any kind would surely have an awful lot of restrictions, could it even mirror the covered end if it was ever necessary.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2017
    Addickted said:

Just to clarify.

Greenwich Council provide the ground safety certificate which is only issued so long as the Club complies with the various pieces of legislation comprising of H&S requirements as well as planning, construction and the operational running of a sports ground.

We have an up to date Ground Safety Certificate as we comply with all the relevant legislation - including an up to date asbestos register.

The Jimmy Seed Stand is safe. The safety of this stand has never been an issue as long as I've been the supporters representative on the Safety Advisory Group - unlike for instance the East Stand!

The Jimmy Seed stand roof is made up of interlocking corrugated asbestos cement sheeting. The asbestos content of this type of roofing is approximately 5%. Left as it is, It does not constitute an issue and is not illegal. Historically the trees behind the stand have caused some issues with this roof, particularly in high winds.

A branch has previously broken off and gone through this roof. You can see the damage repair in Airman's photograph - right in the middle at the back of the roof. The real problem here is that of leaf fall blocking the gutters. The trees behind the stand belong to LBG and they are their responsibility.

The next CAFC Safety Advisory Group Meeting is on 25th May. If you have any safety concerns with regard to The Valley or match day operational concerns, then please raise them with me via PM and I will do the best I can to represent your views to the Club.

The Club do listen to safety concerns and act and react accordingly.

Cheers for that; it's interesting to see what's wrong - or in this case isn't wrong.

So pretty much the only issue with the JS stand is one that could be solved by popping some chicken wire over the gutters, to prevent the leaf fall from blocking them?
  • edited April 2017
    LuckyReds said:

Addickted said:

Just to clarify.

Greenwich Council provide the ground safety certificate which is only issued so long as the Club complies with the various pieces of legislation comprising of H&S requirements as well as planning, construction and the operational running of a sports ground.

We have an up to date Ground Safety Certificate as we comply with all the relevant legislation - including an up to date asbestos register.

The Jimmy Seed Stand is safe. The safety of this stand has never been an issue as long as I've been the supporters representative on the Safety Advisory Group - unlike for instance the East Stand!

The Jimmy Seed stand roof is made up of interlocking corrugated asbestos cement sheeting. The asbestos content of this type of roofing is approximately 5%. Left as it is, It does not constitute an issue and is not illegal. Historically the trees behind the stand have caused some issues with this roof, particularly in high winds.

A branch has previously broken off and gone through this roof. You can see the damage repair in Airman's photograph - right in the middle at the back of the roof. The real problem here is that of leaf fall blocking the gutters. The trees behind the stand belong to LBG and they are their responsibility.

The next CAFC Safety Advisory Group Meeting is on 25th May. If you have any safety concerns with regard to The Valley or match day operational concerns, then please raise them with me via PM and I will do the best I can to represent your views to the Club.

Cheers for that; it's interesting to see what's wrong - or in this case isn't wrong.

So pretty much the only issue with the JS stand is one that could be solved by popping some chicken wire over the gutters, to prevent the leaf fall from blocking them?
    A perfect example of " If it ain't broke....."

But then RD has money to burn, or rather, waste, doesn't he ?
  • The dugouts will come good.
  • Addickted said:

Just to clarify.

out of interest what's wrong with the east stand?
  • Great post Phil
  • Addickted said:

Just to clarify.

out of interest what's wrong with the east stand?
    The roof wasn't bolted together properly. Almost caused a postponement about 15 years ago.