Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Live - Chris Powell interview 5 years on from League One Title - Podcast now out

edited April 2017 in General Charlton
Listen here via our website - http://www.charltonlive.co.uk/listen-live/ - or via the Tune In app on the go.

Tonight, to mark 5 years since we won the league one title with 101 points, we're going to hear from the man that masterminded that success - Chris Powell. Many thanks to Matt Wright who has provided us with the interview and will be coming in to join us in the studio to discuss the interview and what working for the club at the time was like.

We'll also look back at the 2-1 win at Chesterfield, hearing from Karl Robinson.

As we're reminiscing, we'd love for you to send in your memories of that fantastic season five years ago and anything else you want to talk about -

email studio@charltonlive.co.uk
tweet @CharltonLive
Or comment on this thread

Comments

• Sounds a good show coming up.
  • i like the way you make it that the KR interview is almost an afterthought !
    For most fans it is.
  • I think the game after when JJ scored another free-kick to beat Sheff Utd. I think we knew we were going up after that game!
  • The podcast is now out.

Listen via our website here - http://www.charltonlive.co.uk/2017/04/23/chris-powell-interview-special-five-years-on-from-league-one-triumph/

Or via any podcast app - try the Acast app here - http://acast.com/charltonlive

Join Louis Mendez, Tom Wallin and special guest Matt Wright, the club’s former Head of Communications, as they hear from Addicks legend Chris Powell to mark the five year anniversary of Charlton’s record-breaking League One winning season. The former England international reminisces about the 101-point campaign that saw the south Londoners create so many special memories for all involved. Charlton Live would like to express our gratitude to Matt and to Rick Everitt of the Voice of The Valley fanzine for allowing us to use the interview which was originally recorded for publication in the Voice – and we encourage you to buy a copy of the latest VOTV in order to read the interview in full – head to votvonline.com for details.

We also briefly look back at the 2-1 win at Chesterfield, hearing from Karl Robinson and discuss skipper Johnnie Jackson’s pending new deal.

Charlton Live is available live on Maritime Radio on Thursday and Sunday evenings from 7pm – head to www.maritimeradio.london or www.charltonlive.co.uk to listen in.

You can also hear us on the go via the tune in app – search for Charlton Live.

Our shows are available as podcasts via Acast, iTunes, Deezer and many other platforms.

To contact us – email studio@charltonlive.co.uk or tweet @charltonlive
  • Yep, great show Louis & co. Actually love Powelly - what a man!
  • iamdan said:

Yep, great show Louis & co. Actually love Powelly - what a man!

Cheers iamdan

Yup always nice to hear from Mr Powell and I hope it brought back good memories for you all
  • Listened to this today! Cheered me right up!
  • Just under 1,000 listens on the podcast in 20 hours. Over 80,000 podcast downloads this season now!

Plus countless Live listeners on Maritime Radio (countless because I have no way of counting them)
  • Sponsored links:

• I think the game after when JJ scored another free-kick to beat Sheff Utd. I think we knew we were going up after that game!

I remember when JJ was preparing to take kick, I said to my brother "Surely not twice in one week?".

And you're right. By the end of the match it was clear that even when things were tight and we were nervous, we had the defensive capabilities to defend and still look dangerous on the counter, combined with JJ and Kermo on free kick duty we always looked dangerous from set pieces. (Hell, Danny Green's delivery in to the box vs Huddersfield showed we had options on the bench too.)

We could play good stuff, but more importantly we were a team and we could win ugly; that's why we were champions.

Gutted to see the state of us now.