Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Goalkeeper

2»

Comments

• Options

Phillips would be my Number 1 choice for next season. As stated earlier up in the thread, get an older head in as back up.

Yup. This.
  • Options
    Apparently Robbo wants to sign 2 goalies. Apparently Mitov being released too

• Options
    Swisdom said:

Decent young keeper in my eyes, would be a shame to lose him too
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

One to play left back and one right midfield no doubt.
  • Options
    Thought Mitov was meant to have high potential?
  • Options
    edited April 2017

The stats give Phillips an average of 6.73 from 8 games which included 3 MoMs, Rudd's average is 6.45 with 1 MoM

these stats are only the league games as I did not include our glorious cup runs where he played 5 games and averaged 6.62
  • Options

The stats give Phillips an average of 6.73 from 8 games which included 3 MoMs, Rudd's average is 6.45 with 1 MoM

these stats are only the league games as I did not include our glorious cup runs where he played 5 games and averaged 6.62
    Fair enough, but overall, Phillips has averaged 6.67 from 13 games and got 3 MOM whereas Rudd has played many more and okay his average is less, but only got 1 MOM in all that time? Says to me that Phillips has been very influential when he plays.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why would Phillips go when he will be no.1 next season?

Rudd hasn't exactly been outstanding.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Phillips will be looking to move on loan if he is not starting next season and you can't blame him. He's been here since he was 7 years old and is happy here but he needs to be starting games now.

I agree he looked more assured than Pope but I guess we don't see him in training every day. Definitely harsh when he was dropped though. Really felt for him because I think he is one of those who will go on to have a decent career in the game. Hope it is with us.

Vaguely remember being told Rudd had to play when fit as part of his loan contract with us.
  • Options
    Who said Phillips is leaving? If Rudd and mitov both go, we need two goalkeepers. Knobinson said we need two goalkeepers but didn't say Phillips is leaving
  • Options

Who said Phillips is leaving? If Rudd and mitov both go, we need two goalkeepers. Knobinson said we need two goalkeepers but didn't say Phillips is leaving

Why would we need a Goalkeeper to replace Mitov?

We've got Maynard-Brewer and Beeney for U23 games so cant see the point in signing another Youth 'keeper, definitely cant see one of the two Goalkeepers not being involved for the First-Team for sure.
  • Options

We've got Maynard-Brewer and Beeney for U23 games so cant see the point in signing another Youth 'keeper, definitely cant see one of the two Goalkeepers not being involved for the First-Team for sure.
    If Rudd and Mitov were to go and we only signed one keeper, and one of the new keeper and Phillips was to be injured, it maybe a better option having another instead of the younger two who haven't been involved in the first team whatsoever?
  • Options
    I think the initial decision to bring Rudd back in January was the correct decision. However, I think Dillion should have been brought back, during rhe March period.

Dillion needs to play 1st team football, next season. He could easily get a loan deal in league 1. I would personally, keep him as 1st choice because I think he's a decent keeper at this level.

• Options
    MKD confirmed today that David Martin is leaving them at the end of the season .
  • Options
    Sage said:

If Rudd and Mitov were to go and we only signed one keeper, and one of the new keeper and Phillips was to be injured, it maybe a better option having another instead of the younger two who haven't been involved in the first team whatsoever?
    Yeah it's the squad depth/not over-relying on youth thing everyone is always complaining about.

That said, Beeney seems to be pretty highly rated, so I wouldn't mind him getting a chance in pre-season to show he can be the #3 next season. That said, it's probably better for his development for him to go out on loan and play regularly.
  • Options
    Are people just assuming that Phillips will go or does someone have inside info? Unless there's a situation like with Pope where a bigger club are offering a fee, then i can't believe KR is actively looking to get rid of a promising young keeper who could well be our number one.

Obviously if KR for some reason doesn't rate him, then that's a different story.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    I hear lots of good things about Lawrence Vigoroux of Swindon. Almost got transferred out to Newcastle in the winter and now that they are going down, it will be a fire sale. Young, very tall, and just won their POY award. Getting the best player off relegated teams has worked out very well, historically.

I guess we will get to see for ourselves in a week.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I hear lots of good things about Lawrence Vigoroux of Swindon. Almost got transferred out to Newcastle in the winter and now that they are going down, it will be a fire sale. Young, very tall, and just won their POY award. Getting the best player off relegated teams has worked out very well, historically.

I guess we will get to see for ourselves in a week.

Yeah meant to be quite good at this level. Also spent time at Tottenham and Liverpool as a yoot.
  • Options
    I hope Phillips gets a chance to be no1, whoever we sign. otherwise he will want to go and who can blame him. Stick him in for the last game and pre season and its his to lose, whoever comes in will have to wait for their chance IMO
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Mitov confirmed to be off. Shame, he was blinding for the U23's the other night and seeing as he already knew he was being released makes his performance all the more impressive. Good luck to him
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Swisdom knows.