Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sixties/seventies gigs in the Charlton, Bromley area

12346»

Comments

• Options

I'm not a fan of Squeeze, but on the theme of local bands who made it big - here they are, playing outside The Bell in Haddo Street, Greenwich, 40 years ago: http://www.packetofthree.com/1977/06/07/squeeze-7-june-1977-live-at-greenwich-the-bell/

Thought Squeeze were great. Saw them in Aug '77, but that was at the Brecknock in Camden Rd, just opposite where Bernie Rhodes used to live.
  • Options

limeygent said:

Popular Ska band I used to see all over the place was Gino Washington and the Ram Jam Band, great stuff.

Geno Washington & The Ram Jam Band a Ska Band......never in a million years mate, absolutely no way whatsoever!
    Playing Margate Dreamland soon, so perhaps everyone should pop down for the day and decide?
  • Options

limeygent said:

Popular Ska band I used to see all over the place was Gino Washington and the Ram Jam Band, great stuff.

Geno Washington & The Ram Jam Band a Ska Band......never in a million years mate, absolutely no way whatsoever!
    Playing Margate Dreamland soon, so perhaps everyone should pop down for the day and decide?
    Jolly boys outing anyone?
  • Options
    Re Billy Smart's circus (part of the original post):

[From http://www.circopedia.org/Cyril_Mills]

In post-war years, audiences came to love the regular visits of Europe’s greatest horsemen, the Knies and the Schumanns; great animal trainers like Togare, Vojtek Trubka, Gerd Siemoneit, and Eugen Weidman; and bareback riding stars like the Cumberlands, and the Carolis—who were also the inimitable clowns, The Francescos.
    His programs were not, however, without occasional failures, and in 1964, a last-ditch attempt to modernise the circus—a move he opposed but which his brother, Bernard, and the other co-directors approved—by booking a pop group, the Barron Knights, who did impersonations of other famous pop groups of the time, was the biggest mistake to which he later admitted.

Well I remember the Barron Nights, but I don't remember anything at all about the rest of the show. Although now I come to think of it, did the Daleks make an appearance??