Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Football Manager 2018

Comments

• I actually like the new injuries system, lots of niggling “out for 1-3 days” injuries which is more realistic. How many times do you hear robbo say “so and so picked up a knock but should be okay to play”.

Overall I’m enjoying this fm more than the last few.
  • edited November 2017
    I think it’s a massive improvement overall. Agree with kentaddick above on injury system. Kashi, Reeves and Marshall are terrible for injuries.

I got back to back promotions, Douche selling in the final stages of promotion from the championship. Thought that was amusing. Although I got bought and the new owners nicked half my spare wages and decreased transfer revenue immediately.

Solly, JFK and Konsa remain as subs. Konsa will remain in January but likely to sell Solly and JFK. Sell clauses at the beginning and look out for frees. Coulibaly was a free for me and was top scorer in the champ. Ezequiel, Yakovenko, Pau Cendros were all in the team of the year for L1 with Palacios a sub. Lucas Joao on loan from Shef Wednesday as well is a good signing. Oliver Shenton is a free loan from Stoke.

In the Championship the next season sign on frees, Lewis Morgan, Ali Crawford, Salm Kehifi (player of the season, amazing!), Fede Vici, Jordan Williams, Salva Ruiz, Neven Subotic, and Thomas Aguepong.

There was a 17 year old French forward from Man City whose name escapes me that was smashing them in for Leeds who were champions. He was a cheap loan if you can get him.

I played 4-2-3-1 at home and 4-1-2-2-1 away.

Enjoying it.
  • If anyone uses steam, would I be able to play my football manager career on different laptops/computers if steam is downloaded on them?
  • is the demo still 6months worth of play? Might give it a go. I haven’t enjoyed playing the last two games much though.
  • Cafc95 said:

If anyone uses steam, would I be able to play my football manager career on different laptops/computers if steam is downloaded on them?

Yes, if you save it to the cloud when you save your game. And you have an internet connection on the other laptop computer etc
  • Cafc95 said:

If anyone uses steam, would I be able to play my football manager career on different laptops/computers if steam is downloaded on them?

Yes, if you save it to the cloud when you save your game. And you have an internet connection on the other laptop computer etc
    Thought so. Cheers for that!
  • Red_James said:

Won League 1 in my first season with Charlton with 101 points and Mag scored 28 in the league!
    I Played 4-2-3-1
    Brought it Harry Wilson on loan from Liverpool was brilliant on the right as an IF
    Club got brought out by an american in the summer and given me £93m to spend as my budget!!

93m in the championship? GOOOD LORDDDD
  • Red_James said:

Won League 1 in my first season with Charlton with 101 points and Mag scored 28 in the league!
    I Played 4-2-3-1
    Brought it Harry Wilson on loan from Liverpool was brilliant on the right as an IF
    Club got brought out by an american in the summer and given me £93m to spend as my budget!!

93 million, you dont win the league you should be fired and never work again lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Red_James said:

I Played 4-2-3-1

Nice, hoping something similar happens with me. Top in January and in takeover talks :D
  • Red_James said:

I Played 4-2-3-1

Jaysus, Cafc just got taken over by a “local businessman” and only increased the wage budget by a couple of grand.

Just my fackin luck.
  • Red_James said:

I Played 4-2-3-1

93 million, you dont win the league you should be fired and never work again lol
    HAHA agree started well so far
  • Red_James said:

I Played 4-2-3-1

Jaysus, Cafc just got taken over by a “local businessman” and only increased the wage budget by a couple of grand.

Just my fackin luck. </blockquo

Yeah had a local businessman try to by first but fell through
  • I was bought out and had the wage bill cut by £8k p/w. Also won league 1 in first season. Marshall, Holmes and Reeves all terrible for me
  • Traded in FIFA 18 at the weekend and bought this now. Downloaded and ready to go, but I’m currently downloading all the kits, logos etc. as I like everything to look real.
  • Ross said:

Traded in FIFA 18 at the weekend and bought this now. Downloaded and ready to go, but I’m currently downloading all the kits, logos etc. as I like everything to look real.

Does this take long to do? I've always wanted to but don't have a clue how to tbh.
  • Ross said:

Traded in FIFA 18 at the weekend and bought this now. Downloaded and ready to go, but I’m currently downloading all the kits, logos etc. as I like everything to look real.

Does this take long to do? I've always wanted to but don't have a clue how to tbh.
    Logos cant take a bit of time, but if you go on FM Scout or similar website it explains it all. I have to have the badges, kits and backgrounds on there otherwise i get bored a lot more quickly.
  • The only bit that takes a while is the download and then extracting the data from the files using WinZip.
  • I’ve been having lots of problems since the last update. The match is unplayable and just freezes.
  • Sponsored links:

• It's just turned October in my game.

Currently top of the league, unbeaten, having won 9 and drawn 2. Just beat Fleetwood 3-0 away who were top, so that allowed me to leapfrog them.

Out of the League Cup, and lost my first game of the Checkatrade Trophy on penalties, although the board don't care about that competition so I'm not too bothered either.

Brought in Joe Riley (Man Utd RB) and David Henen (Everton ST) on season long loans, and bought Stephen Gleeson for £475k from Birmingham for an extra body in CM. I also brought in Ross Turnbull as an experienced GK on a free with the plan to loan Dillon Phillips out, but no one wanted him.

Playing 4-1-4-1 and 4-2-3-1 formations with a wildcard of a 4-2-4 (although it is a 4-4-2 but the 2 wingers are in AML/R positions so the game puts it as 4-2-4). Seems to all be working well so far, with Joe Dodoo my top scorer with 7 in 10 in the league.

I plan to bring in at least one striker in January and loan out KAG, plus another if I can't extend Dodoo's loan till the end of the season. I've only got around £600k to spend with £2k a week in wages following my purchase of Gleeson (after selling any clauses I could), which increases to £11k a week with no transfer budget if I adjust them. I did want a new winger too but couldn't find one in the summer, and Marshall should be back soon too. So fingers crossed there's no further injuries or players wanting to leave.
  • I started a mobile one a few weeks ago, when i was in Dublin. i am 3rd midway through Jan just beat Fulham in 3rd round 4-1, Cant believe what a machine Magdennis is, wish he was this prolific in real life over 30 goals already played as a target man with 2 behind out of Holmes/Reeves & Fosu. only a couple of signings Kieran Richardson on a free and a palars youngster as back up for up front,
  • Middle of November. Still top, 13 points clear. Still unbeaten.

Still in the FA Cup and Checkatrade Trophy.

No real issues apart from Marshall coming back from injury and then pulling his hamstring in a U23s game where he was trying to build his fitness up. That’s another 2 months out then.

And takeover talks are currently on the cards. Give me some money!
  • Santa is hopefully bringing this to me tommorow. How is it? Is it still very addictive? Last one I played was 2012 and must of played about 10 seasons.

Oh and by the way, Charlton will be playing 4 4 f*****g 2
  • It depends on how much you want to play. I normally play a few nights a week for a couple of hours a night, and I’m in November in my first season after playing for about a month.

But I play the full game and don’t do a lot of delegating, so it’s very in depth. But if you delegate everything or play the touch version you can burn through it quicker.
  • Ross said:

Takeover completed!

Roland, Katrien and Murray have left the building!

Who’s bought us? Lol
  • DiscoCAFC said:

Ross said:

Takeover completed!

Who’s bought us? Lol
    Alan Bowkett. Former Norwich City chairman who is apparently ‘a local businessman and fan’.

No increase in transfer or wage budgets for this season though. Fingers crossed he gives me some more money when I get promoted.

Oh and Rangers don’t want to extend my loan of Dodoo as they don’t want him playing lower league football in a foreign country, and Dodoo doesn’t want to join us permanently as he thinks the club is beneath him.

You’re already playing for us mate!!!!!
  • Ross said:

DiscoCAFC said:

Ross said:

Takeover completed!

Who’s bought us? Lol
    Alan Bowkett. Former Norwich City chairman who is apparently ‘a local businessman and fan’.

No increase in transfer or wage budgets for this season though. Fingers crossed he gives me some more money when I get promoted.

Oh and Rangers don’t want to extend my loan of Dodoo as they don’t want him playing lower league football in a foreign country, and Dodoo doesn’t want to join us permanently as he thinks the club is beneath him.

You’re already playing for us mate!!!!!
    Foreign country? From a club in Scotland!!!