Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

NFL 2017/18

1636465666769»

Comments

• cafcbrown said:

Saquon Barkley stealing the show.

Amazing. Wait for the Browns to ruin him.
    Hoping the Browns take him 1st pick
    I think they should but there's talk of them trading down.
    That would be the most Browns thing to do...
  • Wide receivers running and QB throws coming up.
  • No way do the Browns trade down. They have far too much draft capital this year and have to capitalise at some point. With picks 1 and 4, they're so heavily armed.

I reckon it goes something like this in the top 10:

1. Sam Darnold - Browns
    2. Saquon Barkley - Giants
    3. Bradley Chubb - Colts
    4. Minkah Fitzpatrick - Browns
    5. Josh Rosen - Broncos
    6. Baker Mayfield - Jets
    7. Either Quentin Nelson/Vita Vea - Bucs (not sure on their more urgent need)
    8. Calvin Ridley - Bears
    9. Derwin James - 49ers
    10. Either Tremaine Edmunds/Roquan Smith - Raiders (I'd prefer Smith)
  • DJ Chark with 2 very impressive runs. Fastest so far at 4.34 and one of the taller players in this group.
  • Its a shame he didn't get adopted by a white family. He probably will be when they make the film :-)

In all seriousness inspirational stuff.

https://youtu.be/H6jFL3W1Z7E
  • The chat about Barkley going 1st overall is getting stronger. While I think it's a smokescreen, if that happens, and Cousins goes to the Browns, and they draft Fitzpatrick - oh my word Cleveland is going to be an interesting place to watch football next season.

Barkley looks phenomenal. Truly astounding.
  • PaddyP17 said:

The chat about Barkley going 1st overall is getting stronger. While I think it's a smokescreen, if that happens, and Cousins goes to the Browns, and they draft Fitzpatrick - oh my word Cleveland is going to be an interesting place to watch football next season.

Even if they took Barkley I cant see them getting Cousins, they seem to like Rosen, Darnold and Mayfield and at least one of them will be available at 4.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2018
    I think Cousins goes to the Vikings, maybe the Broncos.

There will be such a backlash if the Browns don't take Allen, Darnold or Rosen at #1. If that happens, you'd expect Barkley to go to the Giants if they don't take one of the remaining QBs.

No mock draft I've seen expects the Colts to go for Barkley, but why not? Gore has been released and Marlon Mack didn't exactly set the world alight last year.

Whatever happens, Barkley is not falling out of the top five.
  • PaddyP17 said:

The chat about Barkley going 1st overall is getting stronger. While I think it's a smokescreen, if that happens, and Cousins goes to the Browns, and they draft Fitzpatrick - oh my word Cleveland is going to be an interesting place to watch football next season.

Even if they took Barkley I cant see them getting Cousins, they seem to like Rosen, Darnold and Mayfield and at least one of them will be available at 4.
    Allen as well to be fair - look at these two monsters: https://streamable.com/hvtq2

The big question of course is whether they'll prioritise Barkley or (imo) Fitzpatrick. They need more help in their secondary than their run game tbh, and obviously need no.1 is a QB.

If they pick up a FA QB in what is quite a saturated market, I'd love to see them draft Barkley and Fitzpatrick. Cousins? Probably not, but there's other serviceable options out there...
  • PaddyP17 said:

PaddyP17 said:

Allen as well to be fair - look at these two monsters: https://streamable.com/hvtq2

The big question of course is whether they'll prioritise Barkley or (imo) Fitzpatrick. They need more help in their secondary than their run game tbh, and obviously need no.1 is a QB.

If they pick up a FA QB in what is quite a saturated market, I'd love to see them draft Barkley and Fitzpatrick. Cousins? Probably not, but there's other serviceable options out there...
    Keenum perhaps?
  • Back in for AJ McCarron?? I hope not as I like him!!
  • edited March 2018
    I don't think Barkley goes top 5. At least I wouldn't touch him with a top 5 pick...
  • edited March 2018

I don't think Barkley goes top 5. At least I wouldn't touch him with a top 5 pick...

Honestly I think the opposite, I think there’s absolutely no chance he makes it out of the top 5, maybe not number 1 but 3-4 seems reasonable to me.
  • Forgot about McCarron.
  • Forgot about McCarron.

Would probably take that, then draft a QB at pick 4 to sit for a year
  • cafcbrown said:

Forgot about McCarron.

Would probably take that, then draft a QB at pick 4 to sit for a year
    Sounds a likely scenario, although I think they'll take a QB at 1.
  • Sponsored links:

• Time to start a new 18/19 topic soon... :-)
  • Time to start a new 18/19 topic soon... :-)

Go for it...
  • Surely we wait for @stackitsteve I believe the new year NFL thread is his honour
  • You'll have to help me here, just getting into NFL and not quite sure how it works. Is the draft when teams get to choose the best college players? And am I right in thinking that the worst team picks first to try And level up the teams and make it more competitive?

Does that work? Why would a college player make more difference that exchanging senior players? I've probably missed something so please enlighten me! Thanks
  • McBobbin said:

You'll have to help me here, just getting into NFL and not quite sure how it works. Is the draft when teams get to choose the best college players? And am I right in thinking that the worst team picks first to try And level up the teams and make it more competitive?

Does that work? Why would a college player make more difference that exchanging senior players? I've probably missed something so please enlighten me! Thanks

You've pretty much hit it on the nose, all teams have a salary cap and basically players coming out of college are cheaper than veteran players
  • McBobbin said:

You'll have to help me here, just getting into NFL and not quite sure how it works. Is the draft when teams get to choose the best college players? And am I right in thinking that the worst team picks first to try And level up the teams and make it more competitive?

McBobbin said:

You've pretty much hit it on the nose, all teams have a salary cap and basically players coming out of college are cheaper than veteran players
    Teams also aren't going to easily trade their best / senior players either. Six of the top ten rushers (running back yards) from last year were drafted within the last three years - two of them, Kareem Hunt and Leonard Fournette, were rookies.
  • Surely we wait for @stackitsteve I believe the new year NFL thread is his honour

Don't mind who starts the thread.

My 'thing' is the list of supported teams.
  • Mock draft post-Combine.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2762546-nfl-draft-2018-latest-1st-round-mock-and-odds-for-top-prospects-after-combine

I'm warming to the idea of Ravens taking a QB at #16. This could well be Flacco's last year - they can cut him after 1st June 2019 and save $10.5m. I think it's time. Trade for Landry and pick up another WR in the second round.
  • Tad Dickman (Jags PR guy) has said they're fake/not final, or something. Which is good, because the lack of gold is rubbish.

I think the new kits will be similar to the above, though, but with a bit more polish and imagination.