Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NFL 2017/18

Comments

• Options
    McBobbin said:

Im a Charlton fan not a man u fan. Cleveland Browns for me then!

Im a browns fan from the first time round i got into NFL in the 80s and they weren't a bad side then, I remember the dog pound from back then, no idea what it was about though! Now everyone seems to be wearing dog masks!
    Got back into it a couple of years ago and was surprised to see how bad they are now.
    Charlton and the Browns, what a win double.
  • Options
    Out of curiosity, when was the last time the Browns beat the Eagles? 21 years + I'd assume!
  • Options
    Google says 1994
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

Patriots finished with zero offensive and defensive penalties. Surely there's no way that's kosher...

what makes you think that

imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    WTF HAPPENED THERE !!!!
  • Options
    Imagine starting the season 2-0, beating both Super Bowl bound teams in the first two games.

Yet can't hold an 18 point lead vs the Titans.
  • Options
    Alex Smith?! Whaaaaaat haha.

No, we're better off trading up for a better draft pick and taking one of (cos who knows which team will take who) Rosen/Darnold/Mayfield/Jackson/Rudolph/Allen or whoever. They'd be a good project. Blake is improving under centre; our run and D are solid; and this year's QB class looks better than most.

That $19m cap hit won't be ideal, but you have to have faith in a player who did what Bortles did yesterday, surely.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    PaddyP17 said:

Alex Smith?! Whaaaaaat haha.

No, we're better off trading up for a better draft pick and taking one of (cos who knows which team will take who) Rosen/Darnold/Mayfield/Jackson/Rudolph/Allen or whoever. They'd be a good project. Blake is improving under centre; our run and D are solid; and this year's QB class looks better than most.

That $19m cap hit won't be ideal, but you have to have faith in a player who did what Bortles did yesterday, surely.
    Alex Smith is an upgrade on Bortles. Best passer rating in the league this year and takes care of the ball. Bortles couldn't move the chains when it mattered most last night. He'll hold the Jags back.
  • Options
    Just wait until the Browns have chosen a QB and then trade up to get the next one on the line,as that is bound to be the best choice in a typical ‘can you believe 5 years ago the browns turned down triple Super Bowl winner Mr X for two season busted flush Mr 3-29’

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    God I hope the Eagles win, and I don't even like them!!
  • Options

You have to take Smith over Bortles all day its a no brainer

Look at what Smith was like after his fourth year though, then compare to Bortles. Bortles is eight years younger, a marked improvement on what he was last year, and can continue to improve now that Hackett our OC is trusting him more to throw the ball. Play calling let us down in the last bit of the Pats game - running up the middle every first down isn't the way.

Bring back Allen Robinson as a weapon, too, and perhaps a new TE, and we could well be cooking. There's no major issues with the defence (except discipline but that can be rectified) or run game.

I'd still draft a QB as competition though. Henne isn't a good enough backup, and the QB class remains relatively deep.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    The Bills have called a press conference for Monday to announce a ‘very serious’ injury to an offensive starter, can’t really see the benefit to calling it for then rather than now myself as it just gives time for it to be leaked or endlessly speculated on.
    McCoy is unlikely with him being at the pro-bowl, other names people are speculating on are Tyrod with his concussion and Benjamin whose had surgery. You’d think that with it being press conference ‘worthy’ it’s a key player and a really bad injury, at least (next) season ending if not career.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

The Bills have called a press conference for Monday to announce a ‘very serious’ injury to an offensive starter, can’t really see the benefit to calling it for then rather than now myself as it just gives time for it to be leaked or endlessly speculated on.
    McCoy is unlikely with him being at the pro-bowl, other names people are speculating on are Tyrod with his concussion and Benjamin whose had surgery. You’d think that with it being press conference ‘worthy’ it’s a key player and a really ban injury, at least (next) season ending if not career.

Charles Clay? Struggled a bit when he came back last year but my money is on Benjamin (torn ACL?). The way they've treated Tyrod is disgusting, I hope he gets a decent move this offseason.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I’ve got a feeling that the XFL will be much better this time around. No better time to try and test the monopoly of the NFL. I’m very much looking forward to the #XFL2020.

Vince McMahon won’t make the same mistakes twice.

There’s a 30 for 30 documentary on ESPN about the XFL. It was brilliant viewing and worth watching.
  • Options

Looks like this is it, gutting he’s having to retire a few years before he would've chosen to. Hopefully it’s not life altering out of sport.
  • Options
    One for all the AFC North fans here...

https://youtu.be/9UBDEJ5mcdk
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

One for all the AFC North fans here...

https://youtu.be/9UBDEJ5mcdk

Not all of us!!
  • Options
    Wembley ST renewal tomorrow at 10 until 14 Feb in case its gone to anyone spam box, Priority to the WHL game as well though tickets for that not released until April
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Chiefs (will) trade Alex Smith to the Redskins (when the new League year starts in March).
  • Options

Chiefs (will) trade Alex Smith to the Redskins (when the new League year starts in March).

Start of the Mahomes era.

CB Kendall Fuller and a 3rd round pick coming the other way.
  • Options
    Redskins should get a 3rd round compensatory pick when Cousins signs elsewhere so from their perspective it's effectively Cousins & Fuller out, Smith in.

I see some fans absolutely hate the trade though. Appears Fuller was one of their best defensive players throughout the season.
  • Options
    Interesting from the Redskins. Cousins is going to get PAID.
  • Options
  • Options
    As a fan really sad to see Cousins go. Vastly underrated by many supposedly in the know on here. We haven't had a permanent or long standing franchise quarter back since Theisman imo.
  • Options
    I think he is a good QB but wouldn’t put him in the elite category.
  • Options
    So where is he gonna land?

I am gonna go Broncos.