Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Shooting incident in Paris

Reports of 2 people shooting at police in the Champs-Elysees,the area has been evacuated,one police officer may have been killed.

Comments

• One policeman is dead.
    Grim.
  • Second policeman has now died.

RIP to them both.
  • Two police officers confirmed dead - sky news
  • I'm sure that Allah is weeping at what the world has become.
  • Pre election boost for LePen

Didn't want to say it, but this
  • RIP the two coppers

Cold but true.
  • ffs.

RIP to the policemen.
  • Sponsored links:

Wouldn't have thought the people needed much persuading ,what with the earlier Paris attack. And of course Nice.

OK then, you say this, assuming this will be a pronounced a 'terrorist" attack, despite the backtracking over the Dortmund attack. But assuming you are right, what is the strategy here? Of course it is a bit much to ask normal people to put themselves inside the heads of fanatics, but

An Islamic terrorist attack assists Le Pen, who is anti-Muslim. What goal does that achieve, from the point of view of the Islamic terrorist?

• I'm sure that Allah is weeping at what the world has become.

After Dortmund, we should probably wait and see what actually emerges about the perpetrator and motive, before assuming it.

Yep , still waiting to find out who was responsible for the Dortmund one.
  • Donald Trump reacted to the news during a joint press conference with Italian prime minister Paolo Gentiloni at the White House. “First of all, our condolences from our country to the people of France,” he said. “Again, it’s happening, it seems. I just saw it as I was walking in, so that’s a terrible thing.

“It’s a very, very terrible thing that’s going on in the world today. But it looks like another terrorist attack and what can you say? It just never ends. We have to be strong and we have to be vigilant and I’ve been saying it for a long time.”

Utter total wanker.

OK then, you say this, assuming this will be a pronounced a 'terrorist" attack, despite the backtracking over the Dortmund attack. But assuming you are right, what is the strategy here? Of course it is a bit much to ask normal people to put themselves inside the heads of fanatics, but

An Islamic terrorist attack assists Le Pen, who is anti-Muslim. What goal does that achieve, from the point of view of the Islamic terrorist?

Perhaps naive of me but perhaps they don't care. Gives them more fuel for the jihad against the infidels as Le Pen marginalises them more.
  • Donald Trump reacted to the news during a joint press conference with Italian prime minister Paolo Gentiloni at the White House. “First of all, our condolences from our country to the people of France,” he said. “Again, it’s happening, it seems. I just saw it as I was walking in, so that’s a terrible thing.

“It’s a very, very terrible thing that’s going on in the world today. But it looks like another terrorist attack and what can you say? It just never ends. We have to be strong and we have to be vigilant and I’ve been saying it for a long time.”

Utter total wanker.

Except that he's actually right.
    Is he, now?

Utter total wanker.

Whether he turns out to be right or not isn't the issue. If he's assuming, he's wrong to do that.

RIP to the two police officers.
  • There is a video doing the rounds on Twitter apparently showing Dutch police shooting a man who is shouting Allahu Akbar

Not sure if it's tonight or historic
  • Sponsored links:

• Grim news.

RIP to the two police officers.

Perhaps naive of me but perhaps they don't care. Gives them more fuel for the jihad against the infidels as Le Pen marginalises them more.

I think you pretty much nail it, itl just create more hate and more recruits

RIP to the police
  • edited April 2017

Donald Trump reacted to the news during a joint press conference with Italian prime minister Paolo Gentiloni at the White House. “First of all, our condolences from our country to the people of France,” he said. “Again, it’s happening, it seems. I just saw it as I was walking in, so that’s a terrible thing.

Utter total wanker.

What's he supposed to say? You may think he's a wanker but saying that based on that statement just makes you look muggy.
    Well that's for you to decide, but it's OK for you to take a view when you "just walked in" and presumably switched on Sky, but in the time since you wrote that, the report I am monitoring has already withdrawn its previous report that a second policeman has died, and the police have said that the perpertrator is known to them. For what? As a terrorist suspect? Or something else entirely?

And that's OK, for you, an ordinary Joe, to react that way and then find out that a lot of things turn out differently. And you can gob off on here, and no real harm is done.

It's not OK when you are the President of the United States and he seems to have no more self restraint that you.

Utter total wanker.

Is he, now?

Yep
  • Sky got that wrong re the second police officer. It seems.

OK, but how do you get closer to a French Caliphate by voting in a politician with a mandate to take the strongest possible authoritarian steps to prevent that?

Utter total wanker.

Is he, now?

Yep
    Thank you for your contribution.

Utter total wanker.

Is he, now?

Yep
    Thank you for your contribution.

You're welcome. Talking now about a second who may have come by train from Belgium, the European hub of these nutters. You're average bloke doesn't jump out of a car and start firing at officers. We don't need Poirot to work this one out.

Utter total wanker.

I'm afraid i don't follow Prague?
  • edited April 2017

Pre election boost for LePen

OK, but how do you get closer to a French Caliphate by voting in a politician with a mandate to take the strongest possible authoritarian steps to prevent that?

This was/is Al-Qaeda's seven step plan (from http://www.spiegel.de/international/the-future-of-terrorism-what-al-qaida-really-wants-a-369448.html ):

1. "The Awakening." This phase was supposed to last from 2001 to 2003. The goal of the phase is to provoke the United States to attack a Muslim country by executing an attack on US soil that kills many civilians.
    2. "Opening Eyes." This phase was supposed to last from 2003 to 2006. The goal of this phase was to recruit young men to the cause and to transform the al-Qaeda group into a movement. Iraq was supposed to become the center of all operations with financial and military support for bases in other states.
    3. "Arising and Standing up", was supposed to last from 2007 to 2010. In this phase, al-Qaeda wanted to execute additional attacks and focus their attention on Syria. Hussein believed that other countries in the Arabian Peninsula were also in danger.
    4. Al-Qaeda expected a steady growth among their ranks and territories due to the declining power of the regimes in the Arabian Peninsula. The main focus of attack in this phase was supposed to be on oil suppliers and Cyberterrorism, targeting the US economy and military infrastructure.
    5. The declaration of an Islamic Caliphate, which was projected between 2013 and 2016. In this phase, al-Qaeda expected the resistance from Israel to be heavily reduced.
    6.The declaration of an "Islamic Army" and a "fight between believers and non-believers", also called "total confrontation".
    7. "Definitive Victory", projected to be completed by 2020. The world will be "beaten down" by the Islamic Army.

Could argue that we're between steps 5&6. So far, their plan has more or less worked.