Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Do Not Risk Points Deduction!

2»

Comments

• Options

How about we all go dressed as old ladies and invade the pitch.

The sight of the stewards wrestling old women to the ground would be a PR nightmare for the club :-)

That makes things easy for me dress wise
    Me too! ;-)
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    To be honest, if we all invade the pitch after the game I am worried we will get the same punishment as we did at the end of last season... Oh yeah, that's right, nothing!
  • Options
    wont get punished, waving banners is all well and good but roland knows we all think hes a c**t, but on the pitch whilst the game is in play would have a huge impact, as ive previously said in the nicest way swindon could already be down then im sure they wouldnt mind too much, if the tables were reversed and it was us that had a game to stay up we would be kicking right off. maybe they will put a load of barriers up, but hey ho more expenditure for the club as well as all the extra stewards they will need.
  • Options
    On the pitch on the pitch ON THE PITCH! !!!
  • Options
    CafcSteve said:

Agree with the protesting.
    Just thought that a pitch invasion would split the fanbase even further.

Straight down the middle:

98% v 2%
  • Options
    Breaking news, Portsmouth and Plymouth promotions on hold due to pitch invasions....oh wait no they have never done that have they
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

Breaking news, Portsmouth and Plymouth promotions on hold due to pitch invasions....oh wait no they have never done that have they

One team did get a stern telling off though because they let their fans invade the pitch belonging to another club when they got promoted one year though...
  • Options
    I think the punishment will be minimal - if at all.

The only issue would be if the game is abandoned and it means that Swindon's league position is not known. I.e. if they end up within three points of staying up with the abandoned game to be replayed. If the game isn't replayed before loan players and out of contrast players leave then it could get a bit sticky!

I find it hard to believe that anyone associated with CARD or Charlton would want to mess with the game in that way though. If Swindon are already down or already safe then I guess the gloves come off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2017

The only issue would be if the game is abandoned and it means that Swindon's league position is not known. I.e. if they end up within three points of staying up with the abandoned game to be replayed. If the game isn't replayed before loan players and out of contrast players leave then it could get a bit sticky!

I find it hard to believe that anyone associated with CARD or Charlton would want to mess with the game in that way though. If Swindon are already down or already safe then I guess the gloves come off.

CARD have already made it clear that all due respect will be given to Swindon's płight haven't they for goodness sake :astonished: .
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

CARD have already made it clear that all due respect will be given to Swindon's płight haven't they for goodness sake :astonished: .
    Happy birthday heir to Mr Chaser.
  • Options
    Would a 10 points point deduction force Roland to sell?
  • Options
    The idea that bad owners sell because their team does worse or drops leagues is a total myth. Bad owners just ride the train down. Ask fans of Leyton and Coventry, Blackpool, etc
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Is that not, exactly, what I said?
  • Options
    Napa - in this league four teams get relegated. So with one game to go Swindon ( on 44 points ) cannot catch Gillingham on 49 points.

PS: for that explanation I think a bottle of your Cab Sauv 2012 will suffice !
  • Options
    HarryLime said:

Swindon will probably stay up if they beat us, and go down if they lose.

Yeah teams get five points now for a win if it's the last game.
    Oh wow, thought they had 2 left. But that was Port Vale.
  • Options
    edited April 2017

RedChaser said:

Is that not, exactly, what I said?
    Not exactly no maybe in a roundabout way :wink: .

What prompted my reaction was the inference by posters that the game 'might' be abandoned. In fact you yourself made reference to such an event which I highlighted. It was more of a general rant don't take it personally it wasn't intended.

It was highly unlikely that it was going to be abandoned however it's a possibility it might be now as there is nothing to play for.