Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ugo Ehiogu - RIP

13»

Comments

• Options
    Very sad, a great player. RIP
  • Options
    Shocking news - RIP and thoughts and prayers to his family
  • Options
    Aged 44 terrible news....
  • Options
    Very sad news, far too young to die.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    This post has a really, really moving comment collating all the youth team/development players and their tributes:
    Just thought it was worth putting in some reaction from some of the kids he coached in our U23 team every day. Got to hit them pretty hard to lose a father figure they worked with so suddenly. He was a promising young coach.

Kyle Walker-Peters: You were like father figure to us all. Thank you for everything you've taught us on & off the pitch. RIP Ugo, you will be missed.

Joshua Onomah: Way more than just a coach, a father figure as well! Done so much for all of us boys. RIP Ugo. See you soon

Shaq Coulhirst: One Of The Nicest Men To Learn From. A Lot Of Good Memories. Rest Up Ugo...

Anthony Georgiou: Learnt a lot from an amazing manager player and person. From his first day here he always was there to talk to help and make you smile - rip

Japhet Tanganga: RIP Ugo. A great man, player & coach. You'll be dearly missed

Luke McGee: So sad to hear the news this morning. Blessed to have worked with and learnt off both on and off the pitch. A true Gent. RIP Ugo

Luke Amos: Lost for words. Thank you for everything Ugo

Shillow Tracey: Rest in peace Ugo - glad to have been taught by you! Great man, great player. learnt a lot

Shayon Harrison: One of the most genuine, and caring people I've ever met. An honour to have been taught by you, not only as a player, but as a person. UE

Ryan Mason: Words can't explain how devastated I am to hear the news of Ugo. He had a huge influence on the young lads at Spurs while I was there. I can't speak highly enough of him. All of my love and thoughts go out to his family and friends at this difficult time.
  • Options
    Such sad news. Thoughts are with his family.

Sleep tight, Ugo.
  • Options
    Sad news. Ehiogu was one of those players who, although he was never an Addick, I had a real soft spot for. Not really sure why that was, think it was just because I liked his name and he had a friendly face. Very good player who deserved more England caps. Players like him and Rufus would have 50 + caps these days but I guess they were unlucky to be playing when there was a greater depth of English talent, that certainly didn't make Ehiogu any less of a player.

RIP big fella.
  • Options
    sad news, rest in peace Ugo
  • Options
    As others have said, this is such a shock - it seems like only yesterday I was watching him play at the top of his game. RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Always rated him and would have loved to see him at CAFC. Sounded like one of the good guys. Way too young RIP
  • Options
    He had a lovely smile which lit up his face. I Always had a soft spot for him too.

RIP Big Man.
  • Options
    Didn't he almost lose his eye after being kicked in it or am I making that up?
  • Options

Didn't he almost lose his eye after being kicked in it or am I making that up?

He had to a have a serious head operation I seem to recall.

RIP Ugo. Real shame.
  • Options
    Very shocked. What a cool bloke he was and very sad news. RIP Ugo. Glad I met you even though you claimed I didn't.
  • Options
    Shocking news. RIP Ugo.
  • Options
    Very very sad, much too young. RIP
  • Options
    When it's your time to leave it's written in the stars.......who knows when that moment might be.
    Too soon for you Ugo.....way too soon.
    RIP......fella.....RIP.
  • Options
    Rip ..Big man
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Was a very good player. This is upsetting. R.I.P. big man!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP Ugo. Such a sad and devastating loss. Thoughts are with his family and friends at the tragic time.

I remember watching him play live for Middlesbrough and Villa, as others have said, a man mountain. Football has lost yet another great player, but also a real true gent.

Watching Paul Merson on Sky Sports today really got to me, crying on TV. 44 years is no age to go.

Sleep tight big man.
  • Options
    Sad news. RIP Ugo
  • Options
    Really sad news, seemed like a great bloke. RIP and thoughts with his family.
  • Options
    Was always bloody brilliant when he used to play against Spurs and felt genuinely pleased when he joined the Spurs coaching staff as you just knew he'd instill some steel in the boys and so it had started to show.

Just hope the Spurs boys do him proud tonight.
  • Options
    Gave me one of my best memories supporting Rangers, great overhead kick winning goal v Celtic at parkhead, had the whole pub going berserk, RIP Ugo
  • Options

RIP Ugo