Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chesterfield v Charlton | Sat 22 Apr | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

2»

Comments

• 2-0 to the home side. Now we are safe the players are mentally on the beach.

The only sand these chumps deserve is a spell in the French Foreign Legion. Embarrassment to the shirt 95% of the time this season.

Chesterfield will be on the beach as well.
  • Better pack my shorts and shades looks like beaches ales uber der platz tomorrow!

Well i hope it pisses down when they get there.
    The way they have performed this season i begrudge them a good holiday
    No. It will be good mentaly for them and then they can perform next year.
  • cabbles said:

2-0 to us. Karl celebrates winning the mini league of 9 after by giving @LouisMend a 47 minute interview about the importance of a pre season and how excited he is for next season

Glad my train home isn't until 1941
  • LouisMend said:

cabbles said:

2-0 to us. Karl celebrates winning the mini league of 9 after by giving @LouisMend a 47 minute interview about the importance of a pre season and how excited he is for next season

Karl might have to travel back with you.
  • As I'm not going, we'll actually win

In terms of the team, not bothered as long as Konsa doesn't play in midfield
  • 2-1 to chesterfield and we win the next game 3-1 after going 1-0 down
  • Sponsored links:

• Will they have any interest in trying to finish higher than 14th or is the worst league position since 1926 signed and sealed already?
  • Guessing 1-0 loss. Would be happy with 1-1 draw because it would virtually guarantee we stay up.
  • Hope he doesn't go mad with the young players as it will be poor management, a 'sprinkle' is what I believe he said so let's hope it is just that.

2-0 win.

Djiksteel hopefully to start or at least play a good 20 mins second half. Not got a clue about anything else.
    Robinson is talking as if there is going to be a mass overhaul of players with many leaving. Just hope he doesn't ruin it and play a load of the U23s at the same time. If he did and we got beaten comfortably, that can really set them back more than people realise.
  • Guessing 1-0 loss. Would be happy with 1-1 draw because it would virtually guarantee we stay up.

Guess you have not looked at the table recently. Pour a beer on your cornflakes, were safe!
  • edited April 2017
    We won our last game so there's no chance we're winning this one. You guys need to curb your enthusiasm...you've allowed yourselves to get over excited and you're expecting too much!

1-1 draw to add to this seasons collection with Robinson moaning about the squad again but announces that SMT have guaranteed a top 4 budget* next year for his rebuild. The farce continues...

* Top 4 budget between bottom 9 clubs.
  • Two bald fellas fighting over a comb. 1-0 to someone.
  • I'd play
    Philips
    Barnes Bauer Pearce Dasilva
    Crofts Dijksteel
    Botaka Aribo Holmes
    Magennis

Rudd, Teixeira, Konsa, Forster-Caskey, Jackson, Byrne, Ahearne-Grant on bench
  • Season drawing to a close, players looking to the future - could be plenty of mobile action - (pre match in the dressing room).
  • slippery one this, famous 1-1 draw.....

Well i hope it pisses down when they get there.
    The way they have performed this season i begrudge them a good holiday
    No. It will be good mentaly for them and then they can perform next year.
    They probably will but it certainly won't be for us...!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyways...back to a 1-1,us with a last minute gee up,KAG to score...

This season is dragging so slowly...bring on next wkend when it will actually mean something...& im not talking bout the footy...!!!
  • Going to this one as it's on my doorstep. Hoping for some hearty renditions of Roland Out from the fans in Red. Don't care too much about the result, but would like to cheer some goals. Feel sorry for Chesterfield. They have put some effort into getting their club on a good footing with new(ish) ground and wish them well for next season. Happy to say good riddance to this campaign and see a draw. 2-2.
  • LenGlover said:

Will they have any interest in trying to finish higher than 14th or is the worst league position since 1926 signed and sealed already?

I'm sure Robinson will be, he'll want a couple of wins to try and paper over the disappointment of his spell in charge this season!

The players certainly were up for it against Gillingham and seemed very happy with the win afterwards, so the spirit seemed pretty good

Unlike Robinson to make changes.
  • The U23 team have quite an important game at The Valley on Monday afternoon which might influence the way Robinson uses the young players.
  • LouisMend said:

cabbles said:

Then you have missed it, it is now 2017
  • CHARLTON | Rudd, Byrne, Konsa, Pearce, Dasilva, Crofts (c), Forster-Caskey, Aribo, Holmes, Ahearne-Grant, Magennis. #cafc
  • CHARLTON SUBS | Phillips, Bauer, Barnes, Jackson, Dijksteel, Botaka, Novak. #cafc
  • Watt and Tex nowhere then
  • Fortunate there