Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mark Marshall linked (***ed. Signed on a 2yr deal***)

Comments

• I really do hope he's looking at goal scorers too. Watt leaving leaves us Mac and Novak. Nowhere near enough goals.

And Ajose, Vetokele and Watt.

Magennis probably the only one that can play up front on his own in KRs 4-2-3-1.
  • edited April 2017

I really do hope he's looking at goal scorers too. Watt leaving leaves us Mac and Novak. Nowhere near enough goals.

Is Tony Watt leaving then?
    Would we notice if he left?
  • I can't see anyone agreeing to pay Watt's wages, let alone commit to signing him. I suspect that there are no teams in the top two divisions that would even take him on loan now.

Let's face it he is with us until his contract expires then he'll be on sabbatical until his money runs out then be off to stack shelves at Aldi in some backstreet in Scotland.

All the while people wonder just what happened to that starlet that scored against Barcelona for Celtic.
  • Unless he's buying the club, I'm not going to get excited...
  • Every transfer window since they arrived has been a disappointment.
    I have no reason to believe this should be any different under Roland.
    Come on mate sell up
  • We under estimated league one this year, I cant see why anyone would think we would do it again.
  • Robinson has again given us a clear yardstick with which to measure success in the transfer window.

"We are looking at two goalkeepers maybe"
    2 players

"We probably need people right the way across the back four"
    Let's say 3 players

"Two in midfield"
    2 players

"I think four wingers"
    4 players

"and a number 10."
    1 player

If anyone here believes that this regime are about to bring in 12 quality players - they haven't been following very closely over the last few seasons. I can't remember where exactly- but Katrien has already said something about working on deals to bring in the 5 players we need...

That would be 12 players without losing anyone, which will happen as well. Same as every summer under this lot.
  • edited April 2017

2 players

Surely only one is needed alongside Phillips?

Let's say 3 players

Solly | Pearce | Page, replacements needed for Bauer | Teixeira | Byrne?

• edited April 2017
    Chizz said:

Judging by the picture, he'll be comfortable with the crowds at Charlton if RD is still here.

Don't judge a book by it's cover @chizz
    That photo was taken at Bradford. The same club who have averaged over 18,000 in league one for the past two seasons, not bad at all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Superb against us a few weeks ago, hope we can get him.
  • Yup. I think he'd be a good signing, especially in tandem with Holmes, rather than as a replacement.
  • Why 2 goalies?
    OK Rudd goes but surely even that scouse twit can remember how well Phillips played when Rudd was injured?
  • We under estimated league one this year, I cant see why anyone would think we would do it again.

I am sure they will not underestimate League 2 for the 2018/19 season either.
  • I think Phillips wants to leave.
  • dickplumb said:

I think Phillips wants to leave.

Now that's a pity. I think the lad is going to be very good.

• dickplumb said:

I am pretty sure this is right. I for one would wish him well, very well, and see it as a loss.
    Phillips has conducted himself very well it seems to me, whilst the churn around him has served him badly.
  • David Martin is leaving MKD on a free.

Suspect he might be one of the keepers. Personally I like Sam Walker at Colchester.
  • dickplumb said:

Not surprised. Think he was poorly treated after a run of good displays when Rudd was injured and walked straight back into his place. Did make me wonder if the loan deal stipulated that Rudd must play if fit.
  • cafc-west said:

dickplumb said:

Not surprised. Think he was poorly treated after a run of good displays when Rudd was injured and walked straight back into his place. Did make me wonder if the loan deal stipulated that Rudd must play if fit.
    He's 21, how many keepers that age are playing regularly?
  • Sponsored links:

• cafc-west said:

dickplumb said:

He was a regular last season at promoted Cheltenham.
    There were possibilities for him after his injury that were shut down, and he was mainly ballast at Charlton this season in order to accommodate whatever deal was done regarding Rudd.
  • Robinson has again given us a clear yardstick with which to measure success in the transfer window.

2 players

Let's say 3 players

"Two in midfield"
    2 players

"I think four wingers"
    4 players

"and a number 10."
    1 player

Are you sure he wasn't just describing his preferred formation?

• dickplumb said:

Surely he'd stay if he was told he'd be number 1 (which he should be when Rudd goes)
  • dickplumb said:

Surely he'd stay if he was told he'd be number 1 (which he should be when Rudd goes)
    Maybe, or he might think he has been dicked around by an untrustworthy regime.
    Or he might want to leave because the protests put him off his game.
    You can decide what scenario is the most likely.

• dickplumb said:

But that is the point. Robinson is looking for two goalkeepers. With Beeney and Mitov coming through, Phillips doesn't seem to be in the frame. Phillips, for me is an excellent prospect.

• I used to get annoyed when a talented player wished to leave us but under the current ownership I don't blame any player that wants out, if you have an offer to go play for a regular run club then they should take it as I am sure it will be much better for their career and development.
  • Our biggest problem is we are currently hitting a decent run of form, so if Roly doesn't sell he will deem our squad acceptable.
  • edited April 2017
    seth plum said:

cafc-west said:

dickplumb said:

He was a regular last season at promoted Cheltenham.
    There were possibilities for him after his injury that were shut down, and he was mainly ballast at Charlton this season in order to accommodate whatever deal was done regarding Rudd.
    That was the National league, 2 divisions below where we are now
  • Marshall scored for Bradford today incidentally