Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mark Marshall linked (***ed. Signed on a 2yr deal***)

Comments

• Options
    Two year deal, sold next summer then.
  • Options

seth plum said:

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/15353811.Abbott_says_Bantams_went__beyond_call_of_duty__in_trying_to_keep_Charlton_bound_Marshall/

Now remember if he'd left us for more money he would be a greedy bastard but as he joined us it's to further his career at a bigger club : - )

Just to clarify I have no problem either way, it's how football works, but there is often a double standard from fans depending on which end of the deal they are on.

I thought he was out of contract, and because of Bosman Marshall can exercise choice. Bradford fans can ask questions about his contract running out, as we were doing with Poyet.
    It's the nature of modern football, give someone a short 2 year contract and there's a real risk of getting nothing after 2 years. Give them a 5 years contract, and there's the risk you get stuck with highly paid rubbish that you can't move on...
    3 years might be best then :)
  • Options
    "Biggest deal Bradford have ever offered a League One player" could be 2k a week for all we know.

He made no secret that he wanted to be back in London so if the money offered by the two clubs was similar, then it's a no brainer for him.
  • Options
    We need alot more players to have a squad capable of promotion but the top 3 things we needed to do this summer was...

1. Sign Marshall
    2. Sign Reeves
    3. Give Holmes the pay rise he earnt last season.

We're a third of the way there and I'm v.happy with this signing. If Karl delivers on the others he will have earnt my full respect and will deserve us all to get right behind the boys for an exciting season.
  • Options
    Wingers usually peak between the ages of 27 & 31 although they might not be as quick, they are more consistent with the experience.

Marshall turned 30 last month and Holmes turns 30 today both come out of non-league and have that hunger to prove themselves, though hard work and self belief attitude.

We've seen from the past with the likes of our own younger wide players like Wagstaff & Harriott that they can drift in and out of games and might produce 1 good performance out of 4.
  • Options

seth plum said:

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/15353811.Abbott_says_Bantams_went__beyond_call_of_duty__in_trying_to_keep_Charlton_bound_Marshall/

Now remember if he'd left us for more money he would be a greedy bastard but as he joined us it's to further his career at a bigger club : - )

Just to clarify I have no problem either way, it's how football works, but there is often a double standard from fans depending on which end of the deal they are on.

I thought he was out of contract, and because of Bosman Marshall can exercise choice. Bradford fans can ask questions about his contract running out, as we were doing with Poyet.
    It's the nature of modern football, give someone a short 2 year contract and there's a real risk of getting nothing after 2 years. Give them a 5 years contract, and there's the risk you get stuck with highly paid rubbish that you can't move on...
    This. I think 2 year deals are too short, as we are now seeing with Holmes. If a player is under 30 then a 3 year deal (with a clause for a further year) should be about the norm. 2 years for a 30+ aged player is acceptable.
  • Options
    I should mention that Transfermarkt lists his birthday as May 6, 1986, which means he is actually 31. Not 29.
  • Options

I should mention that Transfermarkt lists his birthday as May 6, 1986, which means he is actually 31. Not 29.

His Birthday is 05/05/1987. Don't believe Transfermarkt, they're very often wrong on height, age and market value. He is 30.
  • Options
    Typical luck
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2017
    We'll surely have to sign Stewart now
  • Options
    FFS
  • Options
    That's football!
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

That's football!

Yep, injuries happen.

Could have kept Ceballos and he got injured.

As it is CC wasn't that got and Robinson didn't think he could do it on a cold night in Oldham.
  • Options
    Stewart would be a more than adequate replacement and on their careers to date is potentially an upgrade on Marshall anyway
  • Options
    ***ed indeed :(
  • Options

We have Ceballos and Chickson as cover stop panicking

I get why you'd like Ceballos to have got a chance but Chicksen was an average League 1 full back. Not an attacking winger to play in a formation with a lone striker.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's not gone to hospital and those braces are precautionary. Either way we'll see.

Sounds like they came out kicking and we tried to play normal.
  • Options
    8 weeks out apparently.
  • Options

8 weeks out apparently.

Well at the usual Charlton rate of recovery that means he should just about be fit in time for the christmas fixtures.
    Maybe after the first 8 weeks he won't want to.
  • Options

On his way to Dubai now.

To be joined by Kashi in a couple of weeks.
  • Options

8 weeks out apparently.

Well at the usual Charlton rate of recovery that means he should just about be fit in time for the christmas fixtures.
    Just in time to sell the replica kits in the "super"store....
  • Options
    Oh no Marshall heading into the Bermuda Triangle of The physio world good luck young man and say hi to Cory Gibbs if you find him