Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mark Marshall linked (***ed. Signed on a 2yr deal***)

Comments

• Options
    Redrobo said:

My take on it is that Bradford have decided that they need better next year, even if they are still in this league.

So should we.

Not reading it that way.

More likely to be agent talk imho
  • Options
    I think it's agents - him and fair few else are about to run their contract at bradford and want to squeeze what they can
  • Options
    He's a good player, probably at his level.
  • Options
    Gammon said:

I think it's agents - him and fair few else are about to run their contract at bradford and want to squeeze what they can

Well, if that is the case, they could not have picked a more up and coming club as a bargaining tool - 12th in the Championship 2014-15, relegated in 2015-16 and 15th in League 1 this season. Whereas Bradford were 12th in League 1, then in the Play Offs and same again this season with the distinct possibility of being in the Championship next season.
  • Options

Gammon said:

Well, if that is the case, they could not have picked a more up and coming club as a bargaining tool - 12th in the Championship 2014-15, relegated in 2015-16 and 15th in League 1 this season. Whereas Bradford were 12th in League 1, then in the Play Offs and same again this season with the distinct possibility of being in the Championship next season.
    I see what your saying but the whole coming back to London - and we should be able to pay his wages makes it likely that they would have to give him a bit of a raise. Ultimately if bradford get pro
    moted I can see him staying but if they don't I think it would a good steal for a decent player at this level
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Replacement for Holmes

This :(
  • Options
    Aging, journeyman pro. Hmmm, sounds like Tex. give him 5 years at £15K please Katie.
  • Options
    Being more optimistic...replacement for Botaka...
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    was Bradfords stand out player at Valley Parade when we played them, I remember mentioning him to some of the home fans after in the pub.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Redhenry said:

shirty5 said:

Replacement for Holmes

You can already visualise how the close season will pan out. We'll shed about ten players announcing that they didn't fit into Karl's master plan. We'll then sign two reasonable replacements and the rest will be punts and disappointments stopping at six signings leaving the squad short and unbalanced saying that we wanted four more but couldn't get them over the line. FACT
    You missed the bit where KR compares George Lapslie to Steven Gerrard.
  • Options
    Yes from me.

I remember him from the 80s when he formed a very potent attack with Joel Garner and Michael Holding.
  • Options
    Good signing if we keep Holmes and have those two as our first choice wingers next yr.
  • Options
    Slim hope of retaining Holmes.
  • Options
    Will take a post at corners
  • Options

Reckon he will join back up with Wilder at sheff utd
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

shirty5 said:

Replacement for Holmes

Something you know?
  • Options

Reckon he will join back up with Wilder at sheff utd
    Blackburn
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Yes from me.

I remember him from the 80s when he formed a very potent attack with Joel Garner and Michael Holding.

and leroy ambrose ...curtlys brother
  • Options
    We wont sign him because he is exactly the type of player we need, and that's not what the scum in charge do.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nicholas said:

We wont sign him because he is exactly the type of player we need, and that's not what the scum in charge do.

Bit harsh there Nicholas... We signed Ricky Holmes in the summer and he's the exact player we need.

What the scum are clueless at doing is building a squad of them, i.e. Holmes was JBG's replacement whilst if Marshall signs he'll most likely be Holmes' replacement - What we need is for them ALL to be at the club at the same time!!
  • Options
    No one wanted to talk to him. Bevause life's too short.
  • Options

"We are looking at two goalkeepers maybe," confirmed Robinson. "We probably need people right the way across the back four, two in midfield and I think four wingers and a number 10"

So basically he wants a whole new team then?

Chance to say Goodbye to BOTH Declan Rudd and Dillon Phillips next Sunday then?
  • Options

Aging, journeyman pro. Hmmm, sounds like Tex. give him 5 years at £15K please Katie.

Hes worth about 1500 a week
  • Options
    If they go down I wouldnt mind us signing John Goddard from Swindon - Was really impressed with him when they beat us 3-0 on the TV and has made a good transition from Non-League Football as was signed from Woking last summer.
  • Options
    I really do hope he's looking at goal scorers too. Watt leaving leaves us Mac and Novak. Nowhere near enough goals.
  • Options

I really do hope he's looking at goal scorers too. Watt leaving leaves us Mac and Novak. Nowhere near enough goals.

Is Tony Watt leaving then?