Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Favourite chants at Charlton games

Comments

• Options
    I can't remember the rest of the following song

"The famous Tottenham Hotspur went to Rome to see the Pope (repeat three times)

"and this is what he said:

'Fuck off'

'Who's that team they call the Charlton?
    Who's that team they all adore?
    They play in red and white and they're fucking dynamite....."
  • Options

Not a Charlton one but the best one I ever heard of was when Andy Goram announced he suffered from schizophrenia. Can't remember whose fans it was but they sang "there's only 2 Andy Gorams" to him.

Wow - side splitting that one (as another rib goes!)
  • Options

'Fuck off'

I always thought the last bit went:

We're the boys in red and white and we're fucking dynamite
    And we're out to show the world just how to score
  • Options

'Fuck off'

Maybe. Been a long time since I last heard it!
  • Options
    Up at old trafford in 2007 - 'We'll race you back to London'.

Now it seems to be quite popular with away fans at OT.
  • Options

One which sadly never took off was the Mark Kinsella one to Macarena...

Thought it got sung quite a lot ?
  • Options

"he's got a pineapple on his head" to Jason Lee

remember years ago a thread on here where I think it was a Cov fan was digged out at selhurst after a trip to the burger van 'fatty's got a burger'.....

Years ago a work colleague of mine, a QPR fan, had the "you fat bastard" chant sung at him...by the QPR fans!
  • Options
    It wasn't a chant really but.... There used to be a loud Scottish chap in the West Stand. Seemed nice enough but would shout irrelevant things. Mclaren was sitting up there when we beat his awful Borough side I think 2-1: Bent double & glorious Viduka strike. He got up to go down to the bench, and the Scottish chap shouted:

"What about your triangles Mclaren"

Maybe I missed something.... but I was cracking up thinking it's diamonds you twat unless he knew him in the Primary school band. What was even more amusing was that Mclaren agressively stared him down from 20 odd foot. The Scottish guy sunk into his chair. All amusing but it also made me think what a prick Mclaren was for getting angry over a nonsensical put down. Never liked Mclaren, as he spent more than Wenger and his teams were atrocious to watch. They say he's a good coach, but in that moment he was an absolute prick. For God's sake it was the West Stand and he stared down a nonsensical but non-swearing and grammatically correct heckle. What a prick, I'd have just laughed.
  • Options
    chelsea away FA Cup can't remember the year, Valley Floyd Road over & over & over again, sung at the original slow speed before we started rushing through to get it finished.
    Brilliant support & didn't hear a peep from chelski.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ColinTat said:

It wasn't a chant really but.... There used to be a loud Scottish chap in the West Stand. Seemed nice enough but would shout irrelevant things. Mclaren was sitting up there when we beat his awful Borough side I think 2-1: Bent double & glorious Viduka strike. He got up to go down to the bench, and the Scottish chap shouted:

"What about your triangles Mclaren"

Maybe I missed something.... but I was cracking up thinking it's diamonds you twat unless he knew him in the Primary school band. What was even more amusing was that Mclaren agressively stared him down from 20 odd foot. The Scottish guy sunk into his chair. All amusing but it also made me think what a prick Mclaren was for getting angry over a nonsensical put down. Never liked Mclaren, as he spent more than Wenger and his teams were atrocious to watch. They say he's a good coach, but in that moment he was an absolute prick. For God's sake it was the West Stand and he stared down a nonsensical but non-swearing and grammatically correct heckle. What a prick, I'd have just laughed.

that just made me burst into laughter. "What about your triangles McLaren!" ... Genius.
  • Options
    CAFCOlly said:

The festive Millwall away fixture this season

'Feed the pikeys, let them know it's Christmas time'

Ruined by singing it too fast.
  • Options
    I had the pleasure of the who ate all the pies song sang to me at Chelsea in the cup, we lost 3-0
  • Options
    Where's the Steve Gritt chant?
  • Options
    If my memory still working we were playing Leeds near the end of the season and they heard something from another game and started chanting we only want one goal then unbelievably we then scored so we chanted back you've got one goal or something like that
  • Options

'Fuck off'

And we'll support you forever more?
  • Options
    Has anyone mentioned the Andy Goram chant?
  • Options
    Late 70's? Tommy Docherty was shagging the Man U physio's Mrs, named Mary Brown.
    Around the country on the terraces, sang to the tune of 'Knees up Mother Brown' was 'Who's up Mary Brown.....?'
  • Options

"he's got a pineapple on his head" to Jason Lee

remember years ago a thread on here where I think it was a Cov fan was digged out at selhurst after a trip to the burger van 'fatty's got a burger'.....

Swiftly followed with fatty's getting fatter.
  • Options
    Think it was last season,cant remember who we were playing but their physio,a rather lumpy chap,had to walk across the front of the north stand to the tune of 'He's got a pie in his pocket'
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Of the ones I was there for.

Two Sodjes, two yellow cards.

Huddersfield's record.

Goodbye Horse because it doesn't make sense and therefore appeals to my sense of the ridiculous.

Back to The Valley because it meant the loss of our club if we didn't.

Vallye, Floyd Road because, well just because. Do I really need to explain it?
  • Options
    Team of Kermorgants up to number 146 was class too
  • Options
    sit daaaaaaan
  • Options
    Always enjoyed "you're just a fat Eddie Murphy" sung at Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink. Pretty sure even he cracked a smile
  • Options
    la la la Barry Endean ...to the tune of T Rexs hot love
  • Options
    I know it is a bit boring but I used to (and can STILL hear it) but LA LA LA LA LA LA LA, LA LA LA LA CHARLTON (HEY JUDE)
    I used to LOVE it when the covered end were in full song!!............my old Dad, bless him used to sing it all the way home as well (if we had won) Ahh those were the days. My poor old Dad would be turning in his grave seeing this shower of shit running his team!!
  • Options
    We don't envy The Spurs

With their Jimmy Greaves

Cos we've got Ronnie Saunders

The king of centre forwards.
  • Options
    About 20 years ago, a fan near us always vented his spleen by shouting out "You Wank Bucket" to Ref, linesmen, players, and just about anyone. Nutter

Hate them, but at Palace some years ago, Palace fans starting singing "You're just a bunch of Pikeys" (Predictable). It started to rain, and at the front of the "half awake" stand, we were getting wet. Followed by Palace singing "what's it like to have a bath" Made me chuckle.