Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Favourite chants at Charlton games

Comments

• Options
    I have always like "We've got two Sodje's, he's got two yellow cards"
  • Options

Think it was 88/89 season. Away at forest. Can't remember if the scores that day went our way or if our safety in div 1 was secured prior but remember. '0-4 and we don't care, 0-4 we don't care.......' also remember bob bolder coming over and chucking all but his vest and pants into the crowd at the end of the game.

Remember it well. We were already safe from our previous result (we beat Derby at Selhurst I think). It pissed it down and we stood in the corner getting soaked and cheered every Forest goal that went in.
  • Options
    My first ever Charlton game was the FA Cup against Watford at the Valley, 1984. I was 9 and didn't really have a clue about Charlton but can anyone remember if there was a chant about Elton John to the theme of an old British Airways advert (fly the flag or something like that)

'We've got more hair than you,
    Elton John, Elton John'

????????

• Options
    I don't think we'll never play here again will ever be topped.

Decent ones that haven't been mentioned.

You'll always get passed Semedo, he's useless you know.

Weaver Weaver what's the score after Jensen scored with a 30 yard tackle at Maine Road and Weaver haf time wasted in the championship season.

We got promoted in a hopeless place at Carlisle '12.

Nice to have a positive thread i expect the worse Charlton chant thread is just around the corner!
  • Options
    Not at Charlton but I'll always remember this:

When Rangers goalkeeper Andy Goram was revealed to have some kind of split personality disorder, Celtic fans chanted "Two Andy Gorams / There’s only two Andy Gorams”
  • Options
    25May98 said:

My first ever Charlton game was the FA Cup against Watford at the Valley, 1984. I was 9 and didn't really have a clue about Charlton but can anyone remember if there was a chant about Elton John to the theme of an old British Airways advert (fly the flag or something like that)

'We've got more hair than you,
    Elton John, Elton John'

????????

I can remember a chant about Elton John but daren't post it here, I'd be flagged within an inch of my life.
  • Options
    What was the Llera song when he went to Sheffield Wednesday? And didn't we have the Akpo Sodje song to Paparazzi by Lady's Gaga - I'm your biggest fan, I'll follow across the country, Akpo, Akpo Sodje
  • Options
    wasnt there a dont bend down when bob bolders around chant?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Woolwich Rejects
  • Options
    I quite liked Chelsea's chant at The Valley when away ticket prices weren't regulated....45 quid, you're having a laugh.....
  • Options

Not a Charlton one but the best one I ever heard of was when Andy Goram announced he suffered from schizophrenia. Can't remember whose fans it was but they sang "there's only 2 Andy Gorams" to him.

When Rangers goalkeeper Andy Goram was revealed to have some kind of split personality disorder, Celtic fans chanted "Two Andy Gorams / There’s only two Andy Gorams”

Ahem.
    Proof that I don't read threads before posting!
  • Options
    I tried to get this started with my mates for Shelvey to the 7 dwarves tune but no one else ever joined in.

Me: Jonjooooooooooooooooo
    Others : Jonjooooooooooooooooo

all: Jonjo, Jonjo
    He's gonna score you know.
    A legend in red, with his bald head
    Jonjo, Jonjo Jonjo Jonjo
  • Options

What was the Llera song when he went to Sheffield Wednesday? And didn't we have the Akpo Sodje song to Paparazzi by Lady's Gaga - I'm your biggest fan, I'll follow across the country, Akpo, Akpo Sodje

"He ain't got a clue, he ain't got a clueeeee, Miguel Llera, he ain't got a clue"
  • Options
    One which sadly never took off was the Mark Kinsella one to Macarena...

• Options

Not a Charlton one but the best one I ever heard of was when Andy Goram announced he suffered from schizophrenia. Can't remember whose fans it was but they sang "there's only 2 Andy Gorams" to him.

Ahem.
    There's only 2 Andy Goram posts, 2 Andy Goram posts....

Pretty sure it was Celtic who chanted it.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    League One winners season - the popular one was "Top of the league, we're top of the league, Charlton Athletic, we're top of the league" (or something like that). We're a bit of a way off that at the moment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I quite liked Chelsea's chant at The Valley when away ticket prices weren't regulated....45 quid, you're having a laugh.....

But they paid it. :smiley:
  • Options

We charged them that because they charged us the same when we went to Stamford Bridge earlier that season.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    I'm suffering from old age and confused memory. Has the Covered End ever sung Red, Red Robin. And, if so, how long ago?
  • Options
    The Jon Obika song....
  • Options

One which sadly never took off was the Mark Kinsella one to Macarena...

That took off, whenever he was about to take a free kick the chant of "in the wall, in the wall, in the mark kinsella" was sung
  • Options

League One winners season - the popular one was "Top of the league, we're top of the league, Charlton Athletic, we're top of the league" (or something like that). We're a bit of a way off that at the moment.

Always enjoyed singing "fa cup who gives a fuck! We're Charlton Athletic and we're going up!"
    That was a great day @ Fulham in the FA Cup though... Didnt stop singing even when the 4th went in.
  • Options
    He's one of our own he's one of our own PC Palmer he's one of our own... really choked me when the whole ground sang it

At his funeral during the eulogy this was mentioned and noted that as it was being sung MK Dons scored. I am sure Keith was looking down and laughing at the irony of such a poignant moment.
  • Options
    Singing to Peter Beardsley as he took a corner by the covered end
    "you ugly bastard, you ugly bastard"