Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lions Tour 2017

Comments

• Options

Discipline is a key part of Rugby, if Williams can't help himself from taking a cheap shot at an opponent then that's his problem and his team's problem too - all other arguments about 'Would have done this or that" are irrelevant.

Personally I think the best is yet to come from this Lions team, they tend to produce their best performances in the 3rd Test [ SA in 2009, Wallabies in 2013] as they have gelled together more by that stage.

The only danger is that the bloody All Blacks will have improved as well! I reckon either the All Blacks will blow us away with an incredible performance or Farrell will kick us to a narrow win.

Williams still thinks he's playing Rugby League.
  • Options

Know it was early but thought the Lions were edging it before Williams shoulder charge. If they can cut out the stupid pens then they have a slim chance.

Lions definitely started stronger and dominated territory and possession but had failed to convert that into points on the board which could have cost them. Obviously the red card changed the dynamic though it took a long while for the men in red to finally take advantage of the extra man
  • Options
    I listened to Radio Sport on Sunday morning.
    The host (Mark Watson) was calling for Steve Hansen to be axed, if they lose at Eden Park on Saturday.
    And unbelievably, the majority of listeners backed his opinion.
    We're talking about the most dominant team in any sport, who only have lost a handful of games in God knows how many years. Narrowly lost with a man down for most of the match. They're also back to back world champions...and the fans are calling for the coach head, if they lose two games on the trot!?!?!
    Spoiled brats.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Danepak said:

I listened to Radio Sport on Sunday morning.
    The host (Mark Watson) was calling for Steve Hansen to be axed, if they lose at Eden Park on Saturday.
    And unbelievably, the majority of listeners backed his opinion.
    We're talking about the most dominant team in any sport, who only have lost a handful of games in God knows how many years. Narrowly lost with a man down for most of the match. They're also back to back world champions...and the fans are calling for the coach head, if they lose two games on the trot!?!?!
    Spoiled brats.

In the Maori dialect 'Steve Hansen' actually means 'Arsene Wenger'
    I did actually call in to the show on Sunday morning and drew comparisons with the AB and Arsenal fans.
    The host didn't care. He said that the reason why the ABs are so good, is that the expectations are so high. Failure is not an option, as he put it...
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Lions unchanged for Saturday. NZ make 3 changes.
  • Options
    Can't wait for Saturday, should be a cracker. Really must improve the discipline but just can't see it happening. Predict it to go the same way as the first test.
  • Options
    The game is being talked up in the media as being one of the most anticipated and important AB matches of all time, along with the World Cups and epic encounters with the Springboks of yore.

The Lions spent three days in Queenstown bungy jumping and enjoying themselves which raised a few eyebrows - but hopefully they're fully focused for a great game tomorrow. They'd better be.
  • Options

The game is being talked up in the media as being one of the most anticipated and important AB matches of all time, along with the World Cups and epic encounters with the Springboks of yore.

The Lions spent three days in Queenstown bungy jumping and enjoying themselves which raised a few eyebrows - but hopefully they're fully focused for a great game tomorrow. They'd better be.

No surprise, Rugby means everything to them.
  • Options
    Hope Vunipola has learned his lesson & the 2nd test was a blip. Could, & probably should, have gone before his yellow & I thought Gatland should've pulled him.

Much as I hope it isn't the case, the ABs don't often lose 2 in a row. Need another huge effort on Saturday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Can completely understand why the lions spend 3 days switching off before training again on Wednesday. These lads are at the end of a 10 month season, and so their bodies will probably respond better to relaxing rather than being flogged for a few more days. They'll still train in their patterns on Wednesday, Thursday Friday and so won't lose any of the match sharpness.

Fingers crossed it works!

• Options
    Garland has named an unchanged lineup apparently.
  • Options
    Sorry, should be Gatland of course. There's talk of him wanting to coach the All Blacks one day. Don't know what his chances are. He didn't cover himself with glory early in the tour with all his niggles about All Black play and he seemed to be wanting to get under his opposite number's skin. That is all in the past now.
  • Options
    Sounds like we are at home, superb
  • Options
    Looks like it too! :smile:
  • Options
    I think the All Blacks will steam roller the Lions. I have had a bet for the third time. Twenty point or more win for the All Blacks.
  • Options
    Surprised he missed that.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

I think the All Blacks will steam roller the Lions. I have had a bet for the third time. Twenty point or more win for the All Blacks.

I'd better back The Lions then :wink:
  • Options
    Farrell is having a mare at the moment.
  • Options
    Exciting start to this game!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Riding our luck here ,but we are still in this.
  • Options
    Pace the all blacks are playing this is ridiculous
  • Options
    All Blacks do look like they could carve us open at any time. Great game so far though
  • Options
    Bit too good for us there.
  • Options
    This is how I thought they would play in the first two tests but conditions were against the All Blacks. I think my bet is on.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Farrell is having a nightmare. Three big errors at least. Needs to get himself sorted out quick in the 2nd half.

So many mistakes from both sides though, and the ref (never a pen against Warburton, but shite kick from Barrett made up for that), but game is being played at a fantastic pace. Great to watch and really impressed with Itoje, Sexton, Jordie Barrett & Laumape.
  • Options
    What a kick 12-9
  • Options
    12-12
  • Options
    COME ON YOU LIONS! This to tie the scores, then win the restart!
  • Options
    Christ we got away with that