Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Darren at Spurs?

edited May 2007 in Rumours
It may be just a wind up but a Hammer mate of mine was delivering some parcels to Spurs training ground and says that he saw Darren driving away from there yesterday afternoon.

I can normally tell when he's trying to wind me up cos his voice goes all high pitched, but this time he sounded sincere.

NOT F'ING SPUDS!!

Mind you he did also hear that Defoe was going back to West Ham, so it sounds like a pile of BS to me, cos he wouldn't have the balls to do that surely, but thought I'd share it with you all.

Comments

• Options
    Yea right, the old ones will be coming out soon, my mate works in the ticket office at White hart Lane, or my auntie is the tea lady at the training groung at chadweel heath and Darren Bent has just drove in.
  • Options
    Hmmmm, how did he know it was Darren? He must have been peering very hard through the car window!
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Everyone knows that Darren rides a bike plus he was off on holiday to Barbados as soon as the season finished.
  • Options
    He was on SSN yesterday at a school in kent

Ollie will know exactly where he was anyway
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]Ollie will know exactly where he was anyway

LOL!!

He was also quoted as saying that he'd recently lost his Bunny Wabbit, but strangely had been left a very tasty Chicken stew by an anonymous fan........
  • Options
    we all know he's gonna leave......and Spurs would seem a pretty viable option.......just ANYONE but West Ham please
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Everyone knows that Darren rides a bike plus he was off on holiday to Barbados as soon as the season finished.
    He was in Kent yesterday and said he was going on holidya today.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]Yea right, the old ones will be coming out soon, my mate works in the ticket office at White hart Lane, or my auntie is the tea lady at the training groung at chadweel heath and Darren Bent has just drove in.[/quote]

Agreed, the amount of old shite that people talk about transfers and other sports rumors is unbelievable.

A mate of mine told me in 2004 (after England won the Rugby WC in late 2003) that Jonny Wilkinson, "Would never play Rugby again."

"How do you know that?" I asked.

"My mate is a black cab driver and he had Jonny Wilkinson's surgeon in his cab and the surgeon told my mate that Wilkinson is finished!"

I can really see a top Harley Street surgeon discussing his highest profile client with a cab driver!!!
  • Options
    He's only played one game for England since! Not too far off the truth!
  • Options
    Ha! Yes, I suppose he might have been telling the truth after all, now I come to think about it!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If (still confident), he goes then I still cant see past West Ham.They have the money, which would give us power to increase the fee.He knows the manager and he'll be guaranteed to play every week, unlike Spurs and Liverpool.
  • Options
    All very true but if Tevez goes then what are West Ham really left with?
    Problem with Spurs is that he won't play regularly and he'd hate that.
    I can see Newcastle being a possibility, if they splash the cash.
    The Arse just re-signed Adebayor so that's them out.
    Liverpool? Would Benitez buy British again after the mediocre returns from Crouch and Bellamy in the Prem?
    Man Utd could be a dark horse, they need a striker very badly and Bent shits all over Saha.
    Chelsea, can't see it.
  • Options
    I'D BE TRULY GUTTED IF HE WENT TO SPURS.

I think Liverpool is his most likely destination and what better a club than there to go to. As much as I hate the scousers he'd be aoppreciated there more.
  • Options
    if he goes he goes to the highest bidder?
    who would bid the highest?

if he goes that is...
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]if he goes he goes to the highest bidder?
    who would bid the highest?

if he goes that is...[/quote]

Not neccesarily, he may decide that, for example, if Newcastle were the highest bidder that he did not want to go there and instead push the club toward accepting a London bid.
  • Options
    Highest bidders would be either West Ham or Newcastle.

SPurs could go up the bids pending on Defoe or Berbatov, if they both or either go it would free up the cash for them, i would rather see Charlton encourage Benty to stay till January, see where we are in the league, and if we are out of the running for the top positions then let him go,
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]
    Problem with Spurs is that he won't play regularly and he'd hate that.

He wont play regularly should he sign for any of the top four clubs too.
    The top clubs use squad rotation.

The same thing goes for Sidwell. Sidwell was quoted a few months saying that regular football was the key for him. Then he signs for Chelsea. Good luck to him but when he's competing for a place alongside Lampard, Essien and Ballack, he'll soon realise he'll be playing regularly in the Carling Cup.
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge Knows[/cite]I'D BE TRULY GUTTED IF HE WENT TO SPURS
    [cite]Posted By: CharltonDan[/cite]NOT F'ING SPUDS!!

I cant see Bent coming to Spurs. Spurs have made it clear that their priorities this summer is centre-back cover for Ledders/Dawson and the left hand side (thus the reports you see on SSN saying we've agreed a fee for Bale of Southampton). I'm sure Mido will be on his way this summer but undecided on Defoe. Jol has made it clear he wants to keep him but its a given that Berbatov & Keane are first choice. But then Defoe will not play every game should he go to any other club, especially one of the so-called top four, so surely he's better of where he is and I'm sure he realises that himself. When (and not if) Mido does go, I cant see Bent being brought in to be back-up target man to Berbatov.

Dare I say it, I think he would be the ideal signing for Arsenal - he's exactly the thing they have been missing in the last two years. Isn't he a self-confessed Gooner?

So we'll all sit here patiently until he comes back from his holidays and then we'll find out whether he stays at Charlton or whether he moves on. Wherever he goes, good luck to him - we certainly could do with an all firing Darren Bent in an England shirt in the upcoming future.
  • Options
    The thing is though John Boy, its one thing being "rotated" but its another being sat on your arse behind Keane and Berbatov who have a great partnership.

Berbatov is (IMHO) the best in the Prem, bar none, and plays the furthest forward where Benty plays and is always going to be picked in front of Darren so he won't get past him unless Jol rests Berbatov. He also would find it hard dislodging Keane who plays that deep role brilliantly yet still scores goals.

So, I could see Bent at Spurs getting Mido like appearances rather than even Defoe like appearances.

Also, although there is a lot of rotation, the top sides do keep their main strikers in the side for most of their games, Rooney, Drogba and Henry would probably play 32 from 38 games if fit.
  • Options
    why do you rule out Arsenal just cos they resigned an existing player?
  • Options
    Just feel that re-signing Adebayor means that Wenger will probably play him up with Henry and that won't leave any room for Bent, especially when Van Persie comes back as well, because Wenger does not really carry huge squads. Of course, if Henry goes.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There are reports today that Arsenal want to loan Darren Bent for next season and we get him back if we go up.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_McMoist[/cite]There are reports today that Arsenal want to loan Darren Bent for next season and we get him back if we go up.

Where did you hear that?
  • Options
    edited May 2007
  • Options
    Ta Dickie Boy!!
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Liverpool's american owner said on t.v the other day that Rafa want's some young talent who will do the job. i.e score goals.

So if Rafa is interested in getting Bent that is where he is going, because the Scouser's will have the most amount of money to spend this summer.
  • Options
    Newcastle might come into the picture, big Sam has a reported 40m to spend...
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    we might be prevaricating (big long word not sure what it means...) in light of big investment on the way...?
  • Options
    prevaricate
    One entry found for prevaricate.

Main Entry: pre·var·i·cate
    Pronunciation: pri-'ver-&-"kAt, -'va-r&-
    Function: intransitive verb
    Inflected Form(s): -cat·ed; -cat·ing
    Etymology: Latin praevaricatus, past participle of praevaricari to act in collusion, literally, to straddle, from prae- + varicare to straddle, from varus bowlegged
    : to deviate from the truth