Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Happy Birthday Homer!

2»

Comments

• Nothing beats Planet of the Apes: The Musical
  • I met some Hipster in Hackney a week back. something reminded me of a Simpsons episode (we were talking about Russia and I mentioned about yeah I don't trust Putin. I started talking about an episode where Russia have fooled everyone thinking they were all nice but then say that's what we wanted you to think. next thing you know they call themselves Soviet Union in the UN and during a peace parade outside the Kremlin all the floats of teddy's and candles have tanks and missiles popping out of them. the old red flag comes out, the Berlin wall gets put back and Lenin rises from the dead.) and he said to me he has never seen an episode of the Simpsons. I asked him "why and how?" he said "TV bores me" I walked away.

There are now two reasons for me to never go to hackney. Diane Abbott and this chump.
  • bellz2002 said:

Too many favourite episodes to pick one but yeah tend to agree earlier seasons were my preferred when the stories had morals alongside the laughs.

One favourite moment though is when Homer has the BBBQ (Lisa the Vegetarian) -
    You don't win friends with salad
    The pig shooting off "it's still good, it's still good"

I've got the box sets for seasons 1 - 17 but annoyingly they've said they're not releasing any further seasons as they believe the medium to be dying out and people can watch it on streaming instead.
    Not happy!

You don't win friends with sale gets sung in house every time the lettuce comes out of the fridge.
  • Well written show but I have to admit I've never been a real fan , if it's on I will watch it! My ex wife thinks it's ok for my 7 year old daughter and step son 4, to watch! I've told her it's more for teens or adults ! What do lifers think?
  • uie2 said:

Well written show but I have to admit I've never been a real fan , if it's on I will watch it! My ex wife thinks it's ok for my 7 year old daughter and step son 4, to watch! I've told her it's more for teens or adults ! What do lifers think?

That's about the age I started watching. 4 might be a little young though.
  • Love the Simpsons, but I can't help notice how Francis Rossi from The Mighty Quo has morphed into Mr Burns.
  • Bart gets an Elephant is still one of my favourite episodes.

• Sponsored links:

• Best cartoon ever made, the new ones have got better.
  • bellz2002 said:

Too many favourite episodes to pick one but yeah tend to agree earlier seasons were my preferred when the stories had morals alongside the laughs.

One favourite moment though is when Homer has the BBBQ (Lisa the Vegetarian) -
    You don't win friends with salad
    The pig shooting off "it's still good, it's still good"

I've got the box sets for seasons 1 - 17 but annoyingly they've said they're not releasing any further seasons as they believe the medium to be dying out and people can watch it on streaming instead.
    Not happy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWvevkE0kAI

The last scene is genius!
  • McBobbin said:

Nothing beats Planet of the Apes: The Musical

Dr Zeus, Dr Zeus
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlmzUEQxOvA
  • I hate every ape I see from chimpan-a to chimpan-zee
  • I think the Chilli trip episode is one of my favourites.

Flanders is worried he may go to jail for falsely declaring his '3 alarms at best' chilli was a five alarm chilli before Homer eats the fluorescent lay glowing chilli and goes on a psychedelic trip through the desert.

Animal soul mates, the lot. I can remember bits of a lot of other episodes but not so much of many.
  • I met some Hipster in Hackney a week back. something reminded me of a Simpsons episode (we were talking about Russia and I mentioned about yeah I don't trust Putin. I started talking about an episode where Russia have fooled everyone thinking they were all nice but then say that's what we wanted you to think. next thing you know they call themselves Soviet Union in the UN and during a peace parade outside the Kremlin all the floats of teddy's and candles have tanks and missiles popping out of them. the old red flag comes out, the Berlin wall gets put back and Lenin rises from the dead.) and he said to me he has never seen an episode of the Simpsons. I asked him "why and how?" he said "TV bores me" I walked away.

"MUST CRUSH CAPITALISM"
  • McBobbin said:

Nothing beats Planet of the Apes: The Musical

Dr Zeus, Dr Zeus
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlmzUEQxOvA
    Everything about that song cracks me up.
  • I can't remember which episode it was but it was one where Homer and Bart are collecting fat. Grounds keeper Willie has his retirement fat/lard from the school canteen and near the end wrestles a wolf, wins and tells the wolf not to feel bad about losing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Flinstones chewable morphine
  • Whacking day
    Monorail
    Who shot Mr Burns
    The nuclear plant ski trip
    The simpsons go to Japan
    Homer goes to clown school (and gets involved in the mob)
    Simpsons down under
    Flamin Moes

So many great episodes
  • https://youtu.be/3Z67Hf_9NEg
    The best TV scene ever IMHO
  • Donuts - is there anything they can't do?