Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The General Election - June 8th 2017

Comments

• Options

Chizz said:

Obviously it's an astonishingly bad interview. (And for "bad", you could read "embarrassing", "incompetent", "pathetic", etc). But what makes it worse is that Boris has been torn to pieces by Eddie Mair before. You'd think he'd learn and, instead of just "winging" it, actually pull his finger out and do the required preparation.

https://youtu.be/UUYbxLri_Og
    During the election after teh London Bridge attack he was insinuating on GMB that many TPIMs (watered down replacement for control orders) were being applied - he didn't have the exact numbers. At the end of the interview he was told by Susannah Reid that they had checked and their had been only one! It wasn't about getting confused over billions of pounds, but over one! And he sits on COBRA meetings where this must have been discussed - even at the previous one held the day before. He isn't fit to be an MP - simple as that - he is an oafish, corrupt chancer and I am showing as much restraint as I can saying that.
    Thereby making him a serious candidate to be Prime Minister.

(every nation gets the government it deserves)
  • Options
    Looks like some of the election results in marginals may become void, if this allegation is true:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jun/22/conservative-party-call-centre-may-have-broken-election-law
  • Options
    "Real misery to no good purpose" - pretty good summary of the government's whole Welfare Reform agenda:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/jun/22/benefit-cap-lone-parents-under-twos-unlawful-court
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Sounds exceedingly dodgy, but the Tories will just ultimately blame the company. Nothing will come of it.
  • Options
    Tory dodgy election blah blah blah. Won't make the blindest bit of difference
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

I'm going to reinstate my self imposed ban that I had before the election on political threads, I don't think that I can successfully change or influence anyone's views on here, and that is a criticism of myself. I will lurk, and enjoy reading every morning and a bit at lunch, but I'll leave it to the pros from now on!

Join the club.
  • Options

Huskaris said:

I'm going to reinstate my self imposed ban that I had before the election on political threads, I don't think that I can successfully change or influence anyone's views on here, and that is a criticism of myself. I will lurk, and enjoy reading every morning and a bit at lunch, but I'll leave it to the pros from now on!

Join the club.
    This period in our nations history is potentially the most significant period since the Second World War.

There is so much divided opinion. The whole nation is split by Brexit. We are in a complete mess.

It's only natural that sometimes heated discussion takes place.

I think you will probably agree that we see eye to eye on very little regarding Brexit and politics in general but the discussion here will be diminished if you stop posting.

There really is no need. Your opinion nomatter how deluded ;0) is as valid as anyone else's.

• Options
    McBobbin said:

Tory dodgy election blah blah blah. Won't make the blindest bit of difference

I don't think the marginals involved went with the Tories so whilst clearly dodgy and the company needs to be punished, nothing else should come of it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have not read all the comments, sorry, but I was wondering that as May did not want to leave the EU and she knows she has to negotiate the terms of BREXIT, did she put the plans for Pension triple lock, winter fuel allowance and care home reductions in her manifesto, (which seeing as most of the Tory voters are OAP's), to lose the election. I know I am cynical, but I do not trust any MP
  • Options
    The Tories don't actually need the DUP because Sinn Fein won't swear allegiance to the Queen and thus be able to vote in parliament. If I was elected as MP I would not do so either, so the whole political system including the Lords needs urgent review.
  • Options
    Brilliant
  • Options
    Absolutely hilarious. Brilliant editing.
  • Options
    That is superb - and I've never ever seen any python, only heard about it
  • Options
    seth plum said:

The Royal Family is an anachronistic institution, but it provides a theoretical dead end for those wanting to control the armed forces or the judiciary.
    I would alway have little or no truck with the Royal Family although all the ceremonials and dressing up and such have always been a decorative diversion, here comes an 'however'.
    However.
    I watched the Queen do the sixtieth odd Queen's Speech this week. Aged, and more frail than previously, which added to her humanity, and I was impressed. Maybe it is sheer longevity that adds substance, but I often tease her with the odd remark on here (Her Maj, 'god bless you ma'am'), but I find myself now pretty respectful for the way she had been so consistent and persistent in her role. I watched the Queen's Speech and found myself liking her and I wondered what she now thinks of the d list politicians she now has to deal with compared with the other people she has encountered in her long life.
    Mind you I wouldn't fight and die for Queen and Country, but I would fight and die to resist facism.

Seth this is a good post. I must admit, I'm not one for celebrating our royal heritage. I respect the royal family as I think they are good ambassadors for our country, part of our culture and therefore, like I was christened a catholic but don't go to church, it is part of me and I think the Queen has been top class.

I couldn't give a toss about all this M&S picnic hamper on the mall shit and would never be one of the crowd waving a Union Jack at a royal ceremony, but you've summed quite well my thoughts on her
  • Options
    I am not a monarchist but we couldn't replace the Queen with better.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I am not a monarchist but we couldn't replace the Queen with better.

I feel the same, very true.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
  • Options
    Strong & Stable :wink:
  • Options

The conservatives found the magic money tree after all.

£1bn extra paid to the DUP. 100m per each MP as a bribe to prop them up in power.

That's an astonishingly brazen admission of a sweetener for the dinosaurs of the DUP isn't it? You can't even accuse the Tories of doing some behind doors deal to ensure support on this one, it's just a blatant pay off that's going to cost us all an extra £1b.
  • Options

The conservatives found the magic money tree after all.

£1bn extra paid to the DUP. 100m per each MP as a bribe to prop them up in power.

That's an astonishingly brazen admission of a sweetener for the dinosaurs of the DUP isn't it? You can't even accuse the Tories of doing some behind doors deal to ensure support on this one, it's just a blatant pay off that's going to cost us all an extra £1b.
    Plus Wales and Scotland (and Cornwall) will want more too.