Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The General Election - June 8th 2017

Comments

• kentred2 said:

So when did Murdoch give the go ahead?

You mean Hannibal, surely
    As soon as the Downing St. door shut behind May, she took off her mask and sparked up a huge cigar. "I love it when a plan comes together!"
  • looks like for the first time in my life I shall not be voting Labour, come on you Greens!
  • Can someone confirm that the new boundary changes will take effect in this election
  • redman said:

Can someone confirm that the new boundary changes will take effect in this election

No they won't.
  • redman said:

Can someone confirm that the new boundary changes will take effect in this election

wrong thread, try here:

• Sponsored links:

• The Remainers chance to vote in Tim Farron to give us a second referendum and keep us in the EU. What's all the doom and gloom for?

Tim Farron will not be able to recover from Clegg's gross miscalculation in joining the coalition
  • Reckon she's gotta let Jimmy Cranky have her way now an all?

What a mess.....

What a mess.....

I think it's taken the wind out of the SNP's sails.
  • I welcome the news. It is the last chance for the country to stop the disaster that is Brexit. I am not concerned about the national opinion polls. Labour won't lose any seats in London or Scotland. Any sensible Labour voter in the South West is going to vote Liberal Democrat. Any sensible Lib Dem voter in the North will vote Labour. It will be interesting to see how the opinion polls move over the next few weeks in those seats with traditionally high Lib Dem votes.
  • Really don't know who to vote for. Always voted Conservative but just don't rate TM and Corbyn is unelectable in my opinion at a time when if labour had a credible leader I just might have been tempted. By the way who leads the Lid Dems ????
  • Rizzo said:

My prediction is UKIP will be wiped out, Lib Dems will pick up a few seats as the anti-Brexit party (bit late though), Labour will be absolutely buggered sideways and the Tories will win a significantly increased majority. SNP with slightly reduced number of seats but still easily in control north of the border.

That would be my bet at the moment ... but there's bound to be something unexpected.
  • Really don't know who to vote for. Always voted Conservative but just don't rate TM and Corbyn is unelectable in my opinion at a time when if labour had a credible leader I just might have been tempted. By the way who leads the Lid Dems ????

Tim Farron.
  • Rizzo said:

My prediction is UKIP will be wiped out, Lib Dems will pick up a few seats as the anti-Brexit party (bit late though), Labour will be absolutely buggered sideways and the Tories will win a significantly increased majority. SNP with slightly reduced number of seats but still easily in control north of the border.

Whom do you think the SNP will lose seats to?
  • Sponsored links:

What a mess.....

Really? She has been telling the SNP for months that another referendum is too soon after the last one. When was the last General Election?

What a mess.....

Really? She has been telling the SNP for months that another referendum is too soon after the last one. When was the last General Election?
    The SNP will need to concentrate on retaining their seats to give their call for a second independence referendum. If they lose too many seats it will weaken their position. The SNP will go quiet on referendum until after the election.

What a mess.....

A good point actually.
  • I welcome the news. It is the last chance for the country to stop the disaster that is Brexit. I am not concerned about the national opinion polls. Labour won't lose any seats in London or Scotland. Any sensible Labour voter in the South West is going to vote Liberal Democrat. Any sensible Lib Dem voter in the North will vote Labour. It will be interesting to see how the opinion polls move over the next few weeks in those seats with traditionally high Lib Dem votes.

You do realise that outside the urban trendy areas, the North of England was heavily pro Brexit?

You do realise that outside the urban trendy areas, the North of England was heavily pro Brexit?
    You mean the areas where many people live, presumably.
  • So who will be the main party leaders, coming in to the Autumn conference season. I am going for...

Tories - Theresa May
    Labour - John McDonnell
    LibDems - Tim Farron
    Ukip - Nigel Farage
    SNP - Nicola Sturgeon
  • I guess this is where I and many other English people bemoan the fact we can't vote SNP