Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Theresa May statement 11.15am

124»

Comments

• LuckyReds said:

Why did she start her speech early?

Premature erection
  • stonemuse said:

colthe3rd said:

stonemuse said:

it's the right decision

U wot m8?
    Then she is either elected officially or not
    That is not the reason this is being done.
  • She said she didn't intend to call a GE and was reluctant to do so. However, there is too much division in parliament over Brexit.

So we need to let the people decide by calling a GE on 8th June. Parliament will vote on this tomorrow and she needs a 2/3 majority.
  • LuckyReds said:

Why did she start her speech early?

Premature erection
    premature election
  • colthe3rd said:

stonemuse said:

colthe3rd said:

stonemuse said:

it's the right decision

U wot m8?
    we are going into a period of uncertainty, we need unity around a leader ... if not her, then whoever defeats her.
  • stonemuse said:

colthe3rd said:

stonemuse said:

colthe3rd said:

stonemuse said:

it's the right decision

U wot m8?
    we are going into a period of uncertainty, we need unity around a leader ... if not her, then whoever defeats her.
    The whole country knows that won't be Corbyn.
  • stonemuse said:

colthe3rd said:

stonemuse said:

colthe3rd said:

stonemuse said:

it's the right decision

U wot m8?
    The whole country knows that won't be Corbyn.
    Agreed, but we all knew it wouldn't be Trump so anything can happen.
  • Sponsored links:

• bobmunro said:

Not sure how we can vote in election when we don't know what the outcome of the Brexit negotiations are. Tories getting another five years before it all goes tits up with Europe.

Nail and head.
    or you can look at it the other way, that she has received backing for her Brexit negotiations.
    So the General Election will be a single issue vote? Backing for what - we don't know what it looks like yet and won't for some considerable time. In which case it should not be a GE but another referendum once the outcome of the negiotiation is known (or at least clearer).

Parliament voted overwhelmingly to invoke Article 50 but is quite rightly sceptical of the negotiation outcome and wishes to have a final say - what's wrong with that?
  • stonemuse said:

colthe3rd said:

stonemuse said:

colthe3rd said:

stonemuse said:

it's the right decision

U wot m8?
    Still not the reason this is being done. Fancy another go?
  • colthe3rd said:

stonemuse said:

colthe3rd said:

stonemuse said:

colthe3rd said:

stonemuse said:

it's the right decision

U wot m8?
    Still not the reason this is being done. Fancy another go?
    Sorry mate, I have no idea zzzzzz
  • Riga

Comes in when others fail. Gets everyone back to basics. A really nice bloke. I suspect he's left leaning, but a pragmatist. Liked by all.

You've convinced me, he has my vote.
  • If it goes ahead this will be the most fascinating general election of my lifetime. I'm genuinely excited to see it unfold.

• Labour 12/1 on Skybet. All the remainers surely will vote labour and as many are convinced another vote would change the outcome, I'm presuming they'll all be lumping on. I have to say it's tempting.
  • Comments from Corbyn and Sturgeon will be interesting.
  • Labour 12/1 on Skybet. All the remainers surely will vote labour and as many are convinced another vote would change the outcome, I'm presuming they'll all be lumping on. I have to say it's tempting.

That assumes Labour will campaign on reversing the referendum or at least stating their insistence on EEA membership as a minimum.

They won't.
  • Sponsored links:

• WSSWSS
    edited April 2017
    Let's get it over on the fantastical GE thread.

I can't wait.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!