Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What if KR wins out the rest of the season? Stay or go?

Comments

• Options
    Any new owner wanting to get the fans onside would be mad not to appoint scp in some capacity or another. What a way to sell season tickets and get a buzz going.
    That said, sacking managers leaves a bad taste in the mouth. Although what happened to the rumour that Wigan were after KR?
  • Options
    He should go he's useless! We've been dreadful under him.

Regardless of whether we change owners things won't get better under him.
  • Options
    Good thread this as it shows how the support really does seem split down the middle over Robinson. Some sensible comments from the likes of @bedsaddick on why he should stay but on the other hand his record with us is simply not good enough given the players at his disposal - the constant changing of formation and starting XI is what turns me against him as it seems he just didn't have a clue. My theory is a good manager always knows his best XI available to him and picks as close to that injuries and form permitting plus the occasional bit of rotation when it's two games a week. He seemed to just be picking 11 names out of a hat during Feb and March. It's a tough one and may well depend on how the two final games go so at least we can be assured he should be motivating the team.
  • Options
    Manager irrelevant. If a business has a crap owner who creates shit for everyone else to clear up, you don't dig out the char lady for not clearing up the shit, even if she's not a very good char lady.
  • Options
    he's gotta go .. far too little too late and his tactics are rubbish
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    HandG said:

His name was being sung loud and clear at the Valley yesterday.

I dont think it was.
  • Options

A new owner making a change would be very likely to appoint a manager with a track record of success at Charlton in this division, in my opinion.

finger...hovering....buy new season ticket.....
  • Options
    and in answer to the OP - hell no, sack the clown
  • Options
    Definitely a few "Robinson's red and white army" towards the end of the game and doesn't the "something tells me I'm into something...." song include complimentary words about him? That was sung too.
  • Options
    Yes we need continuity and consistency but so do the players from their manager! Not sure they are getting that! However changing managers costs money and the current regime seem incapable of recruiting decent ones so until they change they should stick with Tarbuck! Plus the more the debt increases the more RD wants in order to sell so keep KR and keep the costs down! :smiley:
  • Options
    HandG said:

... doesn't the "something tells me I'm into something...." song include complimentary words about him? That was sung too.

Blimey, I thought Cilla was dead.
  • Options
    Oops, wrong song.
  • Options
    We should have stuck with Riga for a League 1 season. We would no doubt be in the play offs. He was the only manager able to produce decent enough results under impossible circumstances. He was liked by the fans and if given stability he would have built a decent side.
  • Options
    Stay
  • Options
    dizzee said:

We should have stuck with Riga for a League 1 season. We would no doubt be in the play offs. He was the only manager able to produce decent enough results under impossible circumstances. He was liked by the fans and if given stability he would have built a decent side.

He struggled the second time when he did not have CP's coaching staff and players, not convinced Riga would have done much better then Slade.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Same owners....don't care as will not be attending matches....different owners, then he has to go because he is useless and a waffler
  • Options
    I'd like a manager with a pair of goolies although I am praying for new ownership which works with the manager and the supporters with an agreed and progressive plan, in which case the need for huge cajones is less important. Either way, do one Scouse.
  • Options
    If he wins out the season then he finishes with more points than Powell did in his first season.. Stays!
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

If he wins out the season then he finishes with more points than Powell did in his first season.. Stays!

And a worse record than Slade.
  • Options
    Go, go for pity's sake just go, don't turn around, don't hesitate, don't say goodbye, just go, you won't be missed Karl.
    Just about managing to stay up with 2 games to go is miserable.
    You had the chance to freshen up the side in January and even then mystifyingly managed to churn out loss after loss after loss with an ever changing lineup, incoherent formations and a relentless deluge of verbal diarrhea. Waited a month to find out how good Jay Dasilva actually is. Keep putting Ezri Konsa in a position he has no experience of, tools to address and now inclination to fulfil - good job fatboy ruin the confidence of the club's currently brightest prospect. Loaned our most expensive acquisition and joint leading goal-scorer out to one of our relegation rivals, where he resumed some sort of scoring form.
    Karel Fraeye had good reasons for being crap at this job - KR is just as bad but without a single decent excuse.
    If after his inevitable departure KR spouts on about "interference, broken promises, boardroom issues" we'll know he's as bad a liar as KM or as deluded as RD; cos if any of those kind of grievances were genuine an organism with a grain of integrity would have walked, or in KR's case, waddled.
  • Options
    His limited transfer dealings so far are massively under whelming ! His tactics are are very questionable, he has the ability to take a bunch of average players and turn them into a completely shit team. Why keep him, no sign of the slightest green shoot of managerial ability.
  • Options
    As the Moody Blues used to sing 'Go now, go now, go now'.

Do a 'Zola' and retain some self respect Tarbuck ffs, you have failed massively.
  • Options

A new owner making a change would be very likely to appoint a manager with a track record of success at Charlton in this division, in my opinion.

Don't play those sort of games with my ❤️, you know I'm still trying to come to terms with SCP's departure and comments like that aren't gonna help me and I'll have to increase my medication !
    And don't get him started on Curbs either :wink: .