Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Out of Contract

2»

Comments

• Options
    drewman said:

I would like to keep in JJ in some capacity, probably also chicksen, Rudd, da silva. Would hope to find better than crofts, Johnson, Byrne, ulvestad and botaka.

I agree with every point here. What kind of a debate is that?!
    A short one.
  • Options
    Three Wayne's and four Bruce's in the team next year for starters.
  • Options

Three Wayne's and four Bruce's in the team next year for starters.

That's a lot of Manbats for 1 squad
  • Options
    We will not get Rudd on too much wages at Norwich. Page, chicksen, and crofts not good enough if we are looking to push on next season. Dasilva would be good for another season loan. Rest of loans can go back not good enough to be in the side if mounting a proper challenge next season.
  • Options
    I've often thought the wife is in breach of contract, but I can't face another pay off.
  • Options
    is JFC still under contract? If so I'd still bin him off anyway.
  • Options
    Wenger is out of contract ... or is he ...
  • Options

is JFC still under contract? If so I'd still bin him off anyway.

Mark my words, he'll come good.
  • Options
    We are lining up our worst league position since 1926. I can't get excited about any of these, not bothered if they all leave.

Keep JJ as a coach in place of C'Ol though.

If DeSilva wants another year in this poxy league I guess I would keep him too but he will go to the Champ I reckon.
  • Options
    Can we give Chicksen a new contract please? Isn't groundbreaking but he's a League One player with a lot of energy
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Can we give Chicksen a new contract please? Isn't groundbreaking but he's a League One player with a lot of energy

Agreed. It's probably how people feel about Crofts. You need squad players. It's not sexy, and not everyone we can pay transfer fees for. Archie Edwards doesn't seem to be knocking down the door there so I figure it makes sense to keep him for another year. It might allow us to loan out Edwards to get some first team experience. He can also play right back which might mean we don't need more RB cover, and use Aaron Barnes there as third choice RB.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Agreed. It's probably how people feel about Crofts. You need squad players. It's not sexy, and not everyone we can pay transfer fees for. Archie Edwards doesn't seem to be knocking down the door there so I figure it makes sense to keep him for another year. It might allow us to loan out Edwards to get some first team experience. He can also play right back which might mean we don't need more RB cover, and use Aaron Barnes there as third choice RB.
    With this lot in charge though, I don't hold out too much hope that they'll dish out too many contracts. They didn't even offer Ben Hamer a new contract until Leicester offered him one. We've barely even had any squad players to cover positions in the last few years. Crofts and Chicksen are perfectly capable of signing for another League One club, we need them. But I'm not going to count my chicksens.
  • Options

SDAddick said:

With this lot in charge though, I don't hold out too much hope that they'll dish out too many contracts. They didn't even offer Ben Hamer a new contract until Leicester offered him one. We've barely even had any squad players to cover positions in the last few years. Crofts and Chicksen are perfectly capable of signing for another League One club, we need them. But I'm not going to count my chicksens.
    Crofts is a regular, Chicksen seems out in the cold now. On that basis, it's more likely that KR (if it is he) will want the former to stay. Apart from anything else, Page is his LB, the player he signed. Similarly, I imagine he might want Byrne to stay, but not Botaka seeing that former has played far more often and is his loan signing
  • Options
    Chicksen is pretty good though.
  • Options

Chicksen, Crofts, Jackson, Johnson plus Rudd, Dasilva, Bryne, Ulvested and Botaka

Total rebuild yet again.
    Tossers
    7 of those mentioned were in the 18 on duty against Gillingham, 5 started the game including 4 loanees .. as you write, major changes to come in the summer .. I just hope that Robinson is not the man to decide who comes and who goes, he should be first out the door come May
  • Options

Chicksen is pretty good though.

Yep. Solid LB can cover RB or LM. A sort of Laurie Wilson player. Probably wouldn't get on the starting 11 of a side going for promotion but exactly the player you'd want in the squad. Will come in and do a job and won't let you down.
  • Options

Chicksen, Crofts, Jackson, Johnson plus Rudd, Dasilva, Bryne, Ulvested and Botaka

Total rebuild yet again.
    Tossers
    7 of those mentioned were in the 18 on duty against Gillingham, 5 started the game including 4 loanees .. as you write, major changes to come in the summer .. I just hope that Robinson is not the man to decide who comes and who goes, he should be first out the door come May
    I think Roland and Meire should be first out the door, then Robinson, and hopefully Chris Powell still has a spare key...
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    I quite like Byrne, but he's neither one thing or the other and has a woeful defensive positional sense. With Holmes on the other side we need more direct pace with better crossing. Coming from Wolves & Wigan he must be on massive wages. Waste of time.

Like Chicksen. Positionally aware and good on the ball. How he got dropped after the Peterborough game when Bauer's defensive awareness was shocking well.... Chicksen covered for him, got the blame, and got the blame for a wonder goal. Whilst Byrne managed to not bother marking the one player on his side for the first goal. Hmmm Robinson.... Sign him.

Jackson. No spine in the dressing room without him. Would be a tragedy if we lose him. Sign him.

DaSilva no idea on him.

Botaka release waste of wages for return.

Rudd.... not sure. I'd like to see Phillips played for 1-2 games.