Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs Gillingham post match views

1235»

Comments

• Options
    1StevieG said:

1StevieG said:

sorry, "PWG" ?

Posting Without Gagging. Or Going.
    1StevieG said:

sorry, "PWG" ?

Posting Without Gagging. Or Going.
    Posting While Gurning
    Posting With Gandalf.
    Pushing while grunting.
  • Options
    Rudd yet another shot bounces back off his chest he has to work on his technique
    Byrne can't tackle for toffe but rarely out of good position in the full back role foisted on him
    Bauer largely untroubled
    Pearce largely untroubled combative when necesary
    DaSilva turns out he's a real good player now he's had a run in the team, shame KR wasted his first month with us
    Crofts really not very good at anything much
    Konsa his best performance in the attacking midfield role for which he simply has no tools whatsoever, doesn't help himself by letting the game pass him by
    Forster-Caskey still looks like he thinks he's a loan player with nothing to prove
    Botaka a typical loan player (non)performance, looks like he's running through treacle
    Magennis workmanlike and diligent and effective
    Holmes run himself silly as usual for 75 minutes when he ran out of gas, decent performance from Charlton's best asset

KR - yet another reminder of what a pig-headed utter fuckwit charlatan this fat scouse blabbermouth really is, more totally unnecessary square peg in round hole mistreatment of Ezri Konsa, whose development KR is scuppering with every game, Karl and Charlton had several strokes of good fortune in the match, the team was able enough to take advantage. Gillingham were as bad as anyone we've seen this season and up front were hysterically woeful. Charlton beat them fairly comfortable with no more than 9 players able or inclined to exert themselves. KR ain't the only problem at the Valley but he is a major major issue which can't be resolved too soon for me.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Thanks to @Redmidland for the cameo thread - invaluable as always. Congrats to Sheffield Utd - the manager we could/should have had? Glad we chalked up a win and, hopefully, better news will follow in the week. Shit season as it's been, I'm gonna miss my weekly dose of footy - even if it is from afar - time to get in a huge thanks to those that bring us ex-pats the match feed and previews - a big thanks guys!

I must admit, I'm not going to miss my weekly dose of football and cannot wait for the summer. This has been yet another pathetic season and I cant wait for a break. That's not a pop at you mark, I know the thread provides a valuable connection to our expat fans. It's just when you've been to most of them this season, it's ground me down to some extent
    Ground you down?? You've had the following dispensations: Bury, Walsall, Scunthorpe, Port Vale, Gillingham, Swindon, Bradford, Millwall, MK Dons, Bolton, Sheff Utd - all away.
    At home - 2 or 3 inc Bury and Walsall when you were skulking around Exeter Cathedral.
    FA Cup - Scunthorpe at home and MK Dons in the replay.
    No where to be seen in the Checkatrade.
    Don't start me on Hayes Lane....

You need to up your game if you are to become the 55 year man. By all means enjoy the summer break but I need you to come back women free for your true vocation in life.

• Options
    Simonsen said:

JamesSeed said:

Dazzler21 said:

.Rudd - 6 Today was the only time I've doubted Rudd. Spilled a save and almost made another mistake when he didn't give a shout to Bauer
    Byrne - 6 Played well but you can see he's itching to play back in his normal position.
    Bauer - 6 started off by not winning the first ball per usual, but did well in the end.
    Pearce - 8 immense. What a player, so much better than Teixera at this level
    DaSilva - 7 very good little player
    Crofts - 6
    Konsa - 6
    Forster-Caskey - 6
    Botaka - 6
    Magennis - 7 hustled and bustled and so glad he got a goal
    Holmes - 7 great free kick, works hard but sometimes lacks that bit of quality and decision making.
    Ahearne-Grant 4 - he's lucky we were already 3-0 up as he was awful when he came on, wasted so many opportunities.
    Jackson n/a

Ridiculous comments...

3 of them in 1 marking session.

Rudd has had plenty of much worse games this season.

Pearce has been consistent, but Tex has had some proper beast performances.

Ahearne-Grant isn't 1st team match fit so I'm hardly surprised he isn't scoring every shot. 'So many' was only a few chances.

I dont even remember him having a single chance on goal (KAG I mean), twice he got the ball the first time he did well to win a corner and second he picked up the ball on the half way line (down the right) and showed great pace to run at their full back.
    Agreed. I thought he looked lively and pacey with a decent touch. Not one to rule out for next season, for sure.
    Magennis's big problem is his lack of pace. There were two or three occasions during the last twenty chaotic minutes when the Gills left themselves exposed at the back. When we might have played a simple ball over the top for Magennis to run on to, the ball wasn't played, possibly because they know he won't have the pace required. At this level pace can make all the difference I think.
    First half of the season he was quick enough and it was his pace combined with power that made him stand out. His injury v Millwall really knocked him and Charlton back.
    He certainly didn't look slow when he bagged the hat trick. It's taken some time, but he does seem to be getting back some of his old form finally.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    I agree with the comments above about Konsa. I can't work out what he brings to the team in midfield. Doesn't influence the midfield in anyway.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

The manager can't win; first he was criticised for bringing Jay Da Silva in; then he was criticised for playing him for an hour v Millwall/criticised for taking him off "could ruin him...."; now he's criticised for not playing him earlier.

As far as I can see, he's got him in, checked out his attitude (which appears to be superb), got him up to speed and put him in the team. The move is working out well for Charlton and Jay Da Silva.

You will get a flag, for this post, as it is far too sensible.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Thoroughly enjoyed putting one over the jealous Gills, who spent more time singing about Charlton than actually getting behind their own team.

They're a poor man's Millwall definitely
  • Options

cabbles said:

Thanks to @Redmidland for the cameo thread - invaluable as always. Congrats to Sheffield Utd - the manager we could/should have had? Glad we chalked up a win and, hopefully, better news will follow in the week. Shit season as it's been, I'm gonna miss my weekly dose of footy - even if it is from afar - time to get in a huge thanks to those that bring us ex-pats the match feed and previews - a big thanks guys!

I must admit, I'm not going to miss my weekly dose of football and cannot wait for the summer. This has been yet another pathetic season and I cant wait for a break. That's not a pop at you mark, I know the thread provides a valuable connection to our expat fans. It's just when you've been to most of them this season, it's ground me down to some extent
    Ground you down?? You've had the following dispensations: Bury, Walsall, Scunthorpe, Port Vale, Gillingham, Swindon, Bradford, Millwall, MK Dons, Bolton, Sheff Utd - all away.
    At home - 2 or 3 inc Bury and Walsall when you were skulking around Exeter Cathedral.

You need to up your game if you are to become the 55 year man. By all means enjoy the summer break but I need you to come back women free for your true vocation in life.

Whereas you brazenly tell anyone that will listen this was your 100th game in the last 2 seasons. The Seb Lewis' and Clive's of this world would just ignore your pitiful attempts if you tried to engage them in conversation

Dare I tell the forum you're already missing 3 games right at the start of next season. 31 years, you can't even give me 31 weeks
  • Options
    Better grass yourself up on the grass thread @cabbles
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cabbles said:

cabbles said:

Whereas you brazenly tell anyone that will listen this was your 100th game in the last 2 seasons. The Seb Lewis' and Clive's of this world would just ignore your pitiful attempts if you tried to engage them in conversation

Dare I tell the forum you're already missing 3 games right at the start of next season. 31 years, you can't even give me 31 weeks
    I'd always imagined that you'd created @The31YearMan account yourself to keep the joke going. It's got at bit weird now that you're logging in and out of different accounts to argue with yourself...
  • Options
    No he's real. A total failure to his 31 year commitment, but real
  • Options
    Bury drop a point tonight against Bolton and we cannot be relegated
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Bury drop a point tonight against Bolton and we cannot be relegated

I'm all a quiver!

Thank you Roland...
  • Options
    Nice one Cyril.....nice one son.
    Nice one Cyril......let's 'ave another one!
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited April 2017
    Bolton 0 Bury 0

Charlton secure from relegation to League Two.
  • Options

Cyril Regis?
  • Options

Cyril Regis?
    Cyril Knowles
  • Options

Rudd yet another shot bounces back off his chest he has to work on his technique
    Byrne can't tackle for toffe but rarely out of good position in the full back role foisted on him
    Bauer largely untroubled
    Pearce largely untroubled combative when necesary
    DaSilva turns out he's a real good player now he's had a run in the team, shame KR wasted his first month with us
    Crofts really not very good at anything much
    Konsa his best performance in the attacking midfield role for which he simply has no tools whatsoever, doesn't help himself by letting the game pass him by
    Forster-Caskey still looks like he thinks he's a loan player with nothing to prove
    Botaka a typical loan player (non)performance, looks like he's running through treacle
    Magennis workmanlike and diligent and effective
    Holmes run himself silly as usual for 75 minutes when he ran out of gas, decent performance from Charlton's best asset

KR - yet another reminder of what a pig-headed utter fuckwit charlatan this fat scouse blabbermouth really is, more totally unnecessary square peg in round hole mistreatment of Ezri Konsa, whose development KR is scuppering with every game, Karl and Charlton had several strokes of good fortune in the match, the team was able enough to take advantage. Gillingham were as bad as anyone we've seen this season and up front were hysterically woeful. Charlton beat them fairly comfortable with no more than 9 players able or inclined to exert themselves. KR ain't the only problem at the Valley but he is a major major issue which can't be resolved too soon for me.

A few harsh and a few accurate points

Botaka I thought did fine, he at least got an assist.