Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

World snooker Championship thread

Comments

• Options
    Selby on the charge now. From serious danger at 10-4 down he's got it back to within 1 frame and trails 11-10
  • Options
    13-11 in front now going into evening session. Quite a turnaround.
  • Options
    Talal said:

13-11 in front now going into evening session. Quite a turnaround.

Was going to put 50 quid on Selby at the start of the championship but I didn't.
    Mixed feelings about the result now
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    For me I usually cheer Selby and Robertson.

And whoever is playing Higgins and Murphy
  • Options
    That long red that Selby just got was (I thought) impossible!
  • Options
    loved that montage they had on in the interval. snooker's been blessed with so many greats over the years
  • Options
    Brave call that by the ref.

Can you imagine calling that foul against someone like Roy Keane :-)
  • Options

Brave, but wrong!
  • Options
    This frame is a real close one. Great shot for Higgins just then.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Chizz said:

Brave, but wrong!
    They've showed it several times and I still don't think it hit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chizz said:

Brave, but wrong!
    Don't know, not sure it did touch
  • Options
    Thinking of phoning in sick at work tomorrow - is 'snooker loopy' a recognised medical condition?
  • Options

Chizz said:

Brave, but wrong!
    Don't know, not sure it did touch
    I am absoutely certain it touched. But the ref was right to make the call he did, because he didn't see it and he wasn't overturned by the tech guys.
  • Options
    I think it hit but after about 7 replays I'm still not sure!
  • Options
    Ronnie O'Sullivan‏Verified account @ronnieo147 7m7 minutes ago

He hit the black
  • Options
    Can't believe there's empty seats there. Thought it sold out?
  • Options

Maybe they've all gone for a piss!
  • Options

Maybe they've all gone for a piss!
    If they have I'm starting to worry for them as they've been gone for at least the last two hours I've been watching it.
  • Options
    There always seems to be the bloke in a Coventry who always has the same seat at the Crucible during the World Snooker. Seen him several times before in other years. Sits in the front row to the left of the player who sits in the left corner as we look at it from the main tv angle.
  • Options

There always seems to be the bloke in a Coventry who always has the same seat at the Crucible during the World Snooker. Seen him several times before in other years. Sits in the front row to the left of the player who sits in the left corner as we look at it from the main tv angle.

His name's Brian Wright and has been to every Snooker World Championship for 23 years as well as every World Cup and European Championship that England have played in since 1988.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Rather lowers the tone in my view....
  • Options
    Poor form from Selby playing a shot with his chalk sitting on the cushion. Years ago was at a work meeting at the RAC club and did the same only for a member to chastise us for lowering the standard to a local billiard hall !!
  • Options

Chizz said:

Brave, but wrong!
    I'm with you

watching the reflection of the lights on the black I can see no movement. but very close so could well be wrong
  • Options
    Looked a push shot to me.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Lovely moments with his kid who probably appreciates that Dad has done good but not quite what.
  • Options
    rina said:

Chizz said:

Brave, but wrong!
    I'm with you

watching the reflection of the lights on the black I can see no movement. but very close so could well be wrong
    Didn't matter in the end but shows the mental strength of those at the top to put it behind them and focus on the next frame.

Really good final that ebbed and flowed to the end.
  • Options
    The black didn't move, so I don't think it touched. But for Selby to make 131 in the next just shows how mentally tough he is.
  • Options
    As Steve Davis said. It wasn't a touching ball so the black would have had to move away from the white after being hit and doesnt look like it did to me.
  • Options
    I went away the weekend so only got bits of the semi final, deserved winner who is a class above everyone at the mo. Some people seem to not like him, but you cant deny he is the total snooker player. Grinds out the wins when he needs to and makes some good breaks, not always the most entertaining (for some) but results all that matters.

I missed the shot on the black but saw all the twitter debate, between players/ fans :)

The other one which was quite contentious, where Higgins cue'd over the green hit the red but then hit the green after. makes sense but didnt really benefit Selby as he couldnt call a miss. He should have just let him carry on.

Next year up to £425,000 for the winner, not too bad that.