Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

World snooker Championship thread

Comments

• Are people less likely to watch now Ronnie is out?

Hawkins through so semi finals 1 table now:
    Selby vs Ding 2pm
    Hawkins vs Higgins 8pm
    Best of 33

I am not as interested but will try to still watch or at least update on here
  • Pity Selby v Ding wasn't the final. Hawkins is a switch off and it's hard to like Higgins, rightly or wrongly, after his bit of bother a few years ago.
  • Agreed not sure what would be the best final out of the final 4 tbh or closest it could go either way. Not too bothered who wins now, maybe Ding as all the chinese are coming into it alot more so it would be good for the sport / exposure although its already massive in China.

Hope the remaining games have a lot of drama and they are close.
  • Are people less likely to watch now Ronnie is out?

Not me, I always watch, but it's refreshing to have others in there.
  • Stig said:

Are people less likely to watch now Ronnie is out?

Not me, I always watch, but it's refreshing to have others in there.
    Same really i enjoy the snooker especially the Worlds, although i do prefer it if Ronnie is still in.
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY8-Eq3s01E

For those that didn't get the chance to see the Selby 143 break.

Some of the shots after the 7 minute mark are outrageous.
  • Cafc95 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY8-Eq3s01E

the way he struck the pink and brown reminds me of Hurricane Higgins.
  • Ding 5-3 up after first session, century in the last. We have the first test for Selby, see how he copes? should be a good match
  • Cafc95 said:

Filth!!
  • Nice little moment between the Rocket and Ding at the end of their match. I think I'd like to see Ding do it now, for his mum.
  • Sponsored links:

• I hope Ding wins it, class player.
  • Cafc95 said:

Filth!!
    Is this linked to the Rachel Riley thread in any way and if so can someone post a link?
  • Overnight 5-3 Ding (vs Selby)
    5-3 Higgins (vs Hawkins)

Ding/Selby this morning and evening with the other game mid session, race to 17 so long way to go still 1/4 sessions potentially
  • Selby on fire today, turns a 5-3 deficit into a 7-5 lead
  • Some of the safety in the 16th frame of the Selby Ding game was unbelievably good today.
  • Ding v Selby - fantastic session of snooker.
  • The first game this evening between Ding and Selby was tremendous, 18 minutes was it before a ball was potted, the safety play and the potting after that by Selby was superb.
  • Why is there always at least one person in the crowd wearing a football shirt? Who wakes up and thinks that's suitable attire. Surprised it's even allowed given how smart the players look.
  • Talal said:

Why is there always at least one person in the crowd wearing a football shirt? Who wakes up and thinks that's suitable attire. Surprised it's even allowed given how smart the players look.

its strange. "look at me I'm a (insert club name) supporter!" who the hell cares? free advertising for the sponsors on the front of the shirt though.
  • Erm when I went to the Masters final in '97 (Rocket Ronnie vs Steve Davis) I wore a bright yellow Spurs shirt with a bright green wig to stand out (that was the final with the streaker!)
  • Sponsored links:

• This semi-final is shocking. The commentators are running out of adjectives to describe how bad it is.
  • Higgins is playing rubbish but he's five up. By rights the champion should be the winner of the other semi.
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    Is that you after whipping off your spurs top Johnny
  • Higgins 16-8 up so only needs 1 more frame tonight. You'd be gutted if you had tickets for the evening session!
  • They should offer those that had tickets priority on tickets for next year but I don't think they do.
  • Based on those semi finals you'd have to say Selby is the man in form and will surely win the final
  • edited April 2017

Based on those semi finals you'd have to say Selby is the man in form and will surely win the final

that's what I thought this morning. the first 10 frames of the final say otherwise
  • Selby looks a completely different player. So does Higgins come to that.
  • Selby looks drained. Higgins had a bye in the semi final.