Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Norwich star will wait until summer to decide future – but Charlton want him

Comments

• Options
    I know he's had some (unjustified) stick on here but he's too good for football at this level. Really expect him to kick on away from this debacle. I know many a Norwich fan who rate him above Ruddy. Maybe he'll end up back in Norfolk?
  • Options
    Dizzee on the POTY thread said he'd single-handedly destroyed the club, which is probably the most insane single piece of analysis anyone has ever submitted to CL
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Dizzee on the POTY thread said he'd single-handedly destroyed the club, which is probably the most insane single piece of analysis anyone has ever submitted to CL

Oh I dunno? I read on here once that someone thought makienok and goodjan Reza were good!!!
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Rudd just so Pardew thinks he is the next Gigi Buffon and keeps him for next season at Norwich and hopefully relegates them. He destroyed Charlton single handedly.

ok, being charitable, the last sentence COULD be about good old Pards. But given it's on the POTY thread I can only presume it's about Rudd, in which case, most insane ever.
  • Options
    When you think how we've been this season I'd keep him, he's had a few moments but is it any wonder, in more confident/better side I think he'd grow into a very good keeper.
  • Options
    Hope Phillips gets a chance. Nothing against Rudd though, he's had a good season.
  • Options
    I think Rudd could get a Championship club & on that basis I don't expect him to stay.

Our best chance, is that he probably lives in Chislehurst, probably likes where he lives and as a Londoner (North), may just want to stay.
  • Options
    Rudd seems ok. For that reason I'd rather see Phillips as the number one next season and spend the money elsewhere. If Rudd had been unbelievable like Henderson was for us in his first season then I'd say push the boat out, but he hasn't been any better than Phillips in my opinion
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rudd has been one of the better players we have had this year. Doubt he would want to hang around in the mad house.
  • Options
    I like him but is he too good for this level? I'm not so sure. There's a reason he's on loan here and as others have said I think DP could well be better.
  • Options

I think Rudd could get a Championship club & on that basis I don't expect him to stay.

Our best chance, is that he probably lives in Chislehurst, probably likes where he lives and as a Londoner (North), may just want to stay.

Rudd is from Norfolk

He's been decent for us, but not exceptional. Friday was one of his best games, he made some excellent saves and really seemed up for it, with great body language for a loanee

It's not impossible that he would want to stay next season
  • Options
    cabbles said:

I think Philips could be better personally. Think the abuse he got at Northampton was ridiculous, and I'm sure that will be at the back of his mind re: staying here.

But overall not sure if I buy into the hype on what I've seen

Maybe with a better defence in front of him

Disagree, I think players quickly forget comments in football. I personally, gave Ben Hamer the treatment when he played for Brentford.
  • Options
    Have I misread the article, or has Robinson told the press that he wants Rudd to stay next season, before talking to the player himself? If so, that's... depressingly unsurprising.
  • Options

Rudd is from Norfolk

He's been decent for us, but not exceptional. Friday was one of his best games, he made some excellent saves and really seemed up for it, with great body language for a loanee

He's a Spurs fan, his step father is from North London and I believe he has lived in North London.
  • Options
    DP has no reason not to seek a move, and he will be a success elsewhere.
    In my view Rudd is average.
  • Options
    Rudd is a good and pretty consistent goalie but I'd like to see Dillon Phillips as our number 1 next season. I think he's going to be a very, very good goalkeeper and has real leadership qualities. I'd like to enjoy him before the idiots in charge of the club get a chance to sell him off (as they like to do with our Academy products).

There are many other areas of the team that need urgent attention - basically, each and every one of them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He has been ok. Has had a dip and cost us a few goals.

Ultimately there is zero chance of him joining this freak show on a perm basis.

Phillips will be fine, but if the regime remain I shudder at the cover situation will be like.
  • Options
    If we can get him in a free on about 3k a week then great. I don't think there's s chance of that happening though the whole time RD is here.

I think Preston want him back there anyway. (He's had two loan spells there previously)
  • Options
    Make Phillips number one and bring back Ben Hamer from Leicester on a free as his understudy!
  • Options
    The fact that Norwich have not (yet) exercised their one year option and are prepared to let him walk for free, speaks volumes.
  • Options
    I like Rudd and would have him as our number 1 any day, but I suspect he will be too expensive and too much in demand elsewhere. Philips did ok and and in the light of previous comment about Rudd I'd be happy to have him as starter next season, with an old lag as back up. Philips had a good run, but he was not in when Bauer and Tex decided that Saturday afternoons and Tuesday evenings were meant for gentle strolls rather than playing football.
  • Options
    I think Rudd is a good League One keeper but I think he would struggle against some of the better Championship sides. Nothing against the guy in general, he has saved our backsides in a few games, but I'm not sure he is any better than Phillips. Would much rather see Phillips get his chance.
  • Options
    Maybe I've just seen the wrong five or six games but he's been bang average. Not bad but not as good as I expected. I wouldnt push the boat out with Phillips waiting in the wings.
  • Options
    I think that sorting out a happy, settled and decently paid Phillips at Charlton will take a bit of skill.
  • Options
    Getting him in was a big coup for us and as a result I was expecting him to be one of our best players this season.

Too many sloppy errors for someone who we know should be better unfortunately.
  • Options

Rudd is from Norfolk

Sounds like he wants to stay.