Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Life v Club Website

On a scale of 1 to 10, which do you visit most and if the club improved their site, would that change?

Charlton Life 10 v Club Site 1 and no chance.

Comments

• bobmunro said:

CL 10 - OS 0.00001

The same!
  • CL - 10, OS - 1
  • vffvff
    edited April 2017
    OS is for ticket purchase only. Don't bother with it other than that. The player thing didn't work half the time & am not giving any additional funds until Duchatelet goes. A new club site under Duchatelet makes no difference to anything whilst he is still here.
  • Only time I go on the club site is if someone links to an article on it on here... So no.
  • I only go to the club website to look at upcoming fixtures, when there are links, when buying tickets and that's about it. On my list of things I don't like about the club right now, it is quite low down the list. The site itself is OK. Of course, CL couldn't be better.
  • edited April 2017
    I check the OS when the fixtures come out.
    If I want news I go here, or other charlton forums and bloggers.
  • As I said elsewhere I haven't been on the OS for over a year, it is just a propaganda device for the duplicitous regime. Because I am odd I check this dodgy site numerous times a day.
  • Sponsored links:

• The surprising thing about the OS is that the media watch section is the best way of reading ALL anti regime stuff in the press as they dont appear to suppress stories of demos etc. CL 8 OS 2
  • I don't think i've been to the official site once this season.
  • On a scale of 1 to 10, which do you visit most and if the club improved their site, would that change?

cardinal sin angling for a moderator role..
  • The OS only for information like ticket or fixtures.
    CL for everything else.
  • seth plum said:

The OS only for information like ticket or fixtures.
    CL for everything else.

Same here.
  • edited April 2017
    I use the OS to see which corner flag has been used for the managerial sackings or deluded official messages about our fans. The rest of it gives me a headache. It's like digital vomit. Obviously not heard the saying "less is more". OS 1 CL 8.
  • On a scale of 1 to 10, which do you visit most and if the club improved their site, would that change?

cardinal sin angling for a moderator role..
    Look this is getting silly and needs to be resolved one way or another.

Cardinal, Big Rob and Tiddles - Makro car park before the Gills game. Last man standing and I'll do the book.
  • I subscribe to the player service for commentary. Yet I always log in to the coverage from the opponent's commentator not ours.
    I very occasionally tune in to ours which has improved (still a bit indulgent, some other clubs are better, some much worse) but I was put off in the days of Emma and the appalling Jamie Reid when they simply did not describe what was going on...I think they saw themselves as characters.
    The official site is really poor, the only good club platform is probably the YouTube channel.
  • I only check the OS for Roland's weird, meaning unique statements {...}
  • Sponsored links:

• CHGCHG
    edited April 2017
    CL 10 v OS 0, twitter over the OS by a mile as well.
  • Almost every official site of a club is rendered pointless to fans by the fact it only carries pro-club stories and press releases. I use NewsNow, CL and occasionally surf the web.
  • This isn't going well for de cloob. Maybe we should revisit after the new supporter-recruiting, money-making, goal-scoring website is launched?
  • CL all day long, only go to OS when flaggy is about.
  • edited April 2017
    Chalk and cheese.

Different formats and purposes.

CL is OK apart from the politics threads and the admin who stop you auctioning items for the Upbeats and nick your hard earned promotes despite being the midwife of the site.

It is an interactive site built for comments and discussion and does that far better than any other fan site or the OS could or should.

The OS, in which I include the Facebook and Twitter accounts, provide news and updates and i think they do that pretty well. There is humour and while they follow the party line to a degree no official organ of an organisation would ever not.

I like the videos, the march previews and the interviews. It doesn't look great but that is the EFI format. They have some good history stuff too.

The new site sounds like a step up and while it won't win us games or bring back fans (because it can't) it could, under a proper regime, help to rebuild the club's identity and sense of itself.

• I rely on CL for a balanced view.

The OS is where the news announcements are made - so it's useful to hear the "official view" even if it's spun. Most of us can put it into context and it's no different from, say, the Daily Telegraph's opinion on the Labour Party.

That said the ratio of time on CL to OS is about 100:1
  • Chalk and cheese.

Different formats and purposes.

CL is OK apart from the politics threads and the admin who stop you auctioning items for the Upbeats and nick your hard earned promotes despite being the midwife of the site.

It is an interactive site built for comments and discussion and does that far better than any other fan site or the OS could or should.

The OS, in which I include the Facebook and Twitter accounts, provide news and updates and i think they do that pretty well. There is humour and while they follow the party line to a degree no official organ of an organisation would ever not.

I like the videos, the march previews and the interviews. It doesn't look great but that is the EFI format. They have some good history stuff too.

The new site sounds like a step up and while it won't win us games or bring back fans (because it can't) it could, under a proper regime, help to rebuild the club's identity and sense of itself.

You forgot the 'grasses' thread.
  • edited April 2017
    The OS is awful. I don't think ive spent more than 20 seconds on there in the last year. The content has become so poor since MW,GH & JS left.
  • CL goes up to 11.

• The current site is "off the shelf" so is bland beyond belief. having a new website will do nothing to bring fans back onside or make them feel included, damage has been done and only one solution for that....feck off. Find the social media stuff crap as well to be honest, reminds me of that idiot when Saddam's regime was being toppled and he said nothing was happening when bombs were going off behind him. Hopefully new owners come in and change from top to bottom.