Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Coventry vs Charlton post match views

edited April 2017 in General Charlton
Good Friday. Stations of the cross. Coventry Cathedral. 1-1 discuss

Comments

• edited April 2017

Getting tight at the bottom with six teams within five points of each other. Looks like we're out of it now though. Six points clear with three to play.
  • Thank you Roland.
    Thank you Katrien.
    Thank you Karl.

Nearly just about survived in L1.

Now that is ambition.

Thank you again.
  • edited April 2017
    Thanks Paddy, Seth & Jimmy for keeping me entertained. Sad day for any fan to see their team relegated. Chesterfield (barring a miracle) are gone as well... at least Orient fought out a 2-2 at Luton to give themselves the thinnest of lifelines to cling to and avoid falling out of the league altogether.

Coventry, Charlton, Orient - all run by clowns and egomaniacs - hardly surprising we all find ourselves propping up our respective divisions, and if it hadn't been for Nugent we'd be Waltzing Matilda with them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5u9ePEx7V0a

Getting tight at the bottom with six teams within five points of each other. Looks like we're out of it now though. Six points clear with three to play.

Chesterfield as good as gone then any 2 from gills down. Reckon we are safe now.
  • Worry that if we can't beat a relegated side we will not challenge next season. Only one (not prolific in career) striker played. Only one midfielder with any goal-scoring record. No surprise goal was a defender from set piece. Gobbo signed JFC but doesn't start him and his other buy, Page has been under-whelming. They were effectively 10 men for nearly 15 minutes.
  • Nothing to celebrate not sure of the remaining fixtures apart from we are the only team of the bottom 6 at home on the last day and Northampton play Shrewsbury at home monday, bury aeay to bolton Tuesday
  • Well Hava Nafuckinggilla...
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2017

Worry that if we can't beat a relegated side we will not challenge next season. Only one (not prolific in career) striker played. Only one midfielder with any goal-scoring record. No surprise goal was a defender from set piece. Gobbo signed JFC but doesn't start him and his other buy, Page has been under-whelming. They were effectively 10 men for nearly 15 minutes.

No way Gobbo should be trusted with the summer transfer kitty, however meagre it is
  • edited April 2017

Worry that if we can't beat a relegated side we will not challenge next season. Only one (not prolific in career) striker played. Only one midfielder with any goal-scoring record. No surprise goal was a defender from set piece. Gobbo signed JFC but doesn't start him and his other buy, Page has been under-whelming. They were effectively 10 men for nearly 15 minutes.

No way Gobbo should be trusted with the summer transfer kitty, however meagre it is
    They're trying to raise A$20 as we speak.
  • Went to watch Bromley v Barrow. Bromley won 4-1 and I'm sure there were more Charlton fans there than went to Coventry!! I fear their numbers will increase as this awful malaise afflicting our club continues.
  • Didn't realise we were playing!
  • Poor game, Byrne should have scored, Rudd pulled off a worldy. Flares and pigs the highlight. Found a credit card. Top day!
  • Worry that if we can't beat a relegated side we will not challenge next season. Only one (not prolific in career) striker played. Only one midfielder with any goal-scoring record. No surprise goal was a defender from set piece. Gobbo signed JFC but doesn't start him and his other buy, Page has been under-whelming. They were effectively 10 men for nearly 15 minutes.

Their trying to raise A$20 as we speak.
    I think I've got one if those knocking about somewhere if they'd like it. P!astic and has kangaroo tallow in it so hopefully the new manager isn't a veggie.
  • Top of our 10 team mini-league
  • Dreadful first half slightly improved second, two poor sides.
  • Sponsored links:

• Struggling to find anything to celebrate in the fact we are now all but safe from relegation to League 2. Shows how far we have sunk that a 1-1 draw at relegated Coventry is generally seen as not too bad a result. I am sure Robinson will hail four points from two games as the start of a push for the Premier League.
  • Really poor quality match, Rudd made a couple of good saves......Crofts, awful.
  • Everyone was crap! Except Jodi Jones for them who is a talent. Boring game boring season! Just want this nightmare to end.

Weren't we linked with Jodi Jones a few years back?
  • Just sell the club
  • I think we still need a point to be comfortable! Two many missers in the side and a clean sheet would make a change! Nothing to be happy about tonight - just relief as it could have been worse - we need to thank Nugent for that! If we don't get rid of these idiots, it could be worse next season!

I mean, Lookman money - lose top and third top goalscorer in the window from a team that can't score goals. Possibilities of a push for the play offs! And what do these idiots do in the window! My dog would be able to work out if you take goals out of a side that struggles to score, you are going to struggle! I feel bad for insulting my dog now!
  • I can only speak from my own opinion and feelings, im fed up, its so sad that i feel so very little emotion now - win,lose or draw a general numbness is engulfing me.

So little pride or passion now....

Mercenary owner, mercenary players....

Journeyman manager's who have no real affinity to the club or its struggles and achievements.

I wonder how many players are shown the back to the valley videos...i bet some barely remember us destroying the championship to gain promotion, let alone the historical playoff final.

Douche is apparently a billionaire? Why would he run us into the ground like this

Are there mini play offs?
  • Because he's a c**t

Are there mini play offs?
    Yes we're having them now, these 6 pointers!