Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Australian Football Consortium - what do we know?

123457»

Comments

• Options
    Hex said:

Hex said:

Don't think the Powell squad actually cost that much, it was more down to the planning that went into building that squad. Great article and interview with Powell in the latest VOTV on that very subject.

Varney in GTKTN4 said the budget was £4M.
    No - the £4m is the target football wage bill, which incidentally was lower than in 2010/11. The new ownership had to fund the operating loss so it's not a point made in criticism, but as a matter of fact - they actually reduced the amount available for wages compared to previous years. About £1m in fees - from Jenkinson - was then spent on new players.

The idea that additional resource was put in by the owners to achieve promotion is a misconception - although without them loaning money to fund ongoing losses, e.g. if Murray had continued, it couldn't have happened.
    I was just repeating what PV said. What he didn't say was what it covered so thanks for filling in those blanks.
    Understood, Hex. I thought when I first heard it there was a risk it might be taken to mean that was the transfer budget, so just taking the opportunity to clarify.