Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• I really don't get why anybody would buy just the football club without the training ground and stadium. What are you actually getting for your money? A collection of footballers contracts, coaches and backroom/admin staff. What happens if the new owners need to borrow money in future, what assets do they have as security? I don't understand it and I'm not sure I buy it.

Buying the club now and getting rid of Roland, they will also be purchasing a massive amount of goodwill from the fans. Leave Roland hanging about like a bad smell and you can kiss goodbye to all that, the boycotts and aggro continue. They'd be sabotaging themselves before they even started.
  • May be a long way off the mark here as I'm not clued up on property law, but if only three of the ex directors went against the idea of separating club and ground, could RD just pay them off and go ahead with the consent of the other four? If it's a loan there's no way they could refuse payment of the loan, right?
  • My wife heard the BBC news item while i was in bed.
    Come running down stairs, fire up computer and find..... FALSE ALARM.

Just a rehash of the recent joint statement i understand.

Told the wife she is sleeping in the dog kennel tonight :wink:

Should have looked on your phone, you could still be in bed
  • Now this is done the takeover can go through.

• JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Just sent this to the club:

‘After speaking to two people from the Australian consortium hoping to buy the club, I am happy to withdraw my request for the return of my grandfather’s bust.’

The Aussies are as we speak preparing a statement, which they plan to release tomorrow.

They are NOT about to announce that the sale has been completed. But I believe it should be positive news. I certainly bloody hope so.

Serious question. Are you lonely?
    Interesting there isn’t a word that means the opposite of lonely. If there was, I’d be that.
    Two words.
    Crowded House.
    Don't Dream It's Over.
    Exactly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Redhenry said:

Quick, ring the Prince, email him, text him, fookin pigeon mail him, we need him and his dough!

They are aware of the situation, this doesn't mean they are coming back though.
    Am I missing something or are you seriously inferring your mob was Mohammed Bin Salman?
  • WIOTOS

Remind me to never to stand next to some of you when the order to go over the top is given.

I would have been in the senior service but you know what I mean

The two were not (in the First World War) necessarily mutually exclusive.... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/63rd_(Royal_Naval)_Division.
  • Valley11 said:

This thread is so powerful it’s even killed the annual ‘when’s the new Kit being released’ thread.
    That is serious power.

And I just want to know who is going to deliver my season ticket.
  • Scoham said:

Now this is done the takeover can go through.

*awaits can last man out the building turn off the lights joke*
  • WIOTOS

Remind me to never to stand next to some of you when the order to go over the top is given.

I will be standing next to NLA when the order is given because like him I have never believed we have even been close to a deal being agreed upon between seller & buyer.
  • Scoham said:

JamesSeed said:

Message from the Aussies

‘All incorrect’.

Probably best that doesn't include the entire scene given what has happened in Ibiza!
  • Scoham said:

There are lights installed but Roland never had them connected to the mains so save money.
  • cafcfan said:

Scoham said:

There are lights installed but Roland never had them connected to the mains so save money.
    Funnily enough the electrics and lighting at The Valley need some work. Quite a lot in fact. So they may just turn themselves out if left unattended
  • Sponsored links:

• Valley11 said:

This thread is so powerful it’s even killed the annual ‘when’s the new Kit being released’ thread.
    That is serious power.

I don't like the new kit.
    I think the pin stripes are great and the red and black stripes on the away kit are the dogs bollocks. Not sure about the suffragette third kit
  • WIOTOS

The two were not (in the First World War) necessarily mutually exclusive.... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/63rd_(Royal_Naval)_Division.
    Good point. The Navy had to help the army out as usual : - )
  • CAFCsayer said:

Redhenry said:

Quick, ring the Prince, email him, text him, fookin pigeon mail him, we need him and his dough!

Am I missing something or are you seriously inferring your mob was Mohammed Bin Salman?
    I'm sure @Redhenry has confirmed his previously.
  • CAFCsayer said:

Redhenry said:

Have I missed something here?
  • Scoham said:

'Last one out the building leave the lights on as rolands paying the bill'
    And call the Australian talking clock
  • WIOTOS

Good point. The Navy had to help the army out as usual : - )
    I should have mentioned that I would have bravely volunteered to defend Ottawa (mostly because Alice Springs would have been too hot and dry for me)....
  • I now cant work out whether I am coming here for takeover news or a WW1 history lesson? The later is proving more useful than the former, but hey ho!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!