Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2018
    I’m hoping to hear something directly of course, (but may well hear nothing), but in the meantime isn’t it ultimately the case the Roland has massively overvalued the club, and it’s getting increasingly difficult to get backers/investors to buy into the project?
    Especially bearing in mind all the crap that was unearthed during DD.

This looks very grim.
    Thanks for the info though @nth london addick
  • Options
    £15 million divided by 27000 is roughly £556. If only we could fill The Valley and have a whip round.
    It worked for Ronnie Moore.
  • Options
    As someone above just said, if they buy the club without either The Valley or Sparrows Lane then they can walk as far as I'm concerned. In fact, if it doesn't go through lock, stock & barrel by the end of this month they can fuck off....and once they get there they can fuck off some more.

Twat of a bloke turning up, buying a scarf & lording it like the deal was done. Sorry @jamesseed.....you can tell them my patience has finally run out........and that they're cheating bastards & without their sandpaper they're going to lose 5-0.
  • Options
    None of this adds up based on the rumors from either side.

Roland wants to sell we’re told. He has, again based on what’s been said here, two bidders, and the essentially offered the same bid - £40.5m I think I saw.

For whatever reason, something happened for the Saudi group to walk away at that point. Presumably either Roly accepted the Aussies over the Saudis at that price, or Roly got them to offer more. Either way, Roly appears to have picked the Aussies as his winning bid.

Now he says they don’t have the money. Did they have money, and suddenly don’t? That’s what’s the Roland side wants to put this out as. In which case Roly is an even bigger fool than I thought, unless the forged the proof of funds he should have demanded.

Or, did they come back and say that as the last bidder standing, and no signed deal, they want a price reduction. Which is different from not having the money, it’s back to not wanting to overpay.

So which one is it? Are the Aussies playing hardball, or did Roly choose the wrong bidder?
  • Options
    Bad news to wake up to.... :disappointed:
  • Options
    Sadly I trust NLA more than aby of the other 'ITK' crew, so, for me, it's time the Aussies f*** off and find another club to mess around with, we need a serious buyer with a serious plan to get us out of thethis league.

Getting to the prem is gonna vost c. 50m, how will they find that if its taken this long to get together the money to just buy the club. If they get control I can see admin within 3 years, a prospect we don't have to worry about under RD.
  • Options

I actually don't know what's worse. RD staying on for another year, cost cutting and flogging any player worth any value for cash discounts leading us towards League Two or being owned by The Aussies but with RD as landlord. Both scenarios only point to a very bleak future for us and if that's all The Aussies can now do then they're not for me. If The Aussies are to buy us it must be lock stock and barrel as Murray told us back in January.

Option 2 is far, far worse.

Club and ground cannot be separated.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    To say Aussies haven't the cash is patently wrong as Muir is minted. Getting other investors to replace the EFL rejects and spread the outlay and vision is not going to happen overnight.
  • Options
    edited June 2018

To say Aussies haven't the cash is patently wrong as Muir is minted. Getting other investors to replace the EFL rejects and spread the outlay and vision is not going to happen overnight.

He has the cash, the consortium does not, imo.

They've been trying to raise funds since at least April 2017, how the hell are hey going to meet the ongoing needs of the club? I believe one financial set back would be a complete disaster for then.
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

The statement was not meant for the fans. We're just collateral damage. It was drawn up by the lawyers simply to reassure the football industry at large that CAFC is open for business as "normal", and this takeover malarkey is just some little local difficulty, soon to be resolved. Meanwhile the whole weary process continues at glacier speed, to the profound detriment of the club, the rage and frustration of the fans, and the customary enrichment of the briefs. IMHO.

It was initially drawn up by a couple of the Aussie consortium, but I expect it was checked and/or modified by the Roland side, but then agreed by all parties (and their lawyers) before release.
    Only a joint document would have been acceptable to all protagonists. Any fan-friendliness in the original draft has been thoroughly lawyered out in this frigid communication from the parallel universe wherein CAFC is presently marooned, slowly drifting ever more distant from us.
    I think that’ll change. They’re pretty laid back for one thing.
    We’ll see how fan friendly they are when they select me a random fan for the board.
    Laid back, are they, Jim?

Well, waking up to find this latest alleged scenario - a true Weston - I have a message for Mr Muir and his mates. It's this. Walk away. Now.

Mr M, I like the cut of your jib. It's plain that, putting business to one side, you've found something in CAFC/CACT that appeals. I think the Addicks would suit you very well, and you us. But let's face facts. We're all being played, held to ransom by our feelings for this grand old club. The Owner will never understand that while there's a hole in his arse, except to use our loyalty as leverage for his own foul purposes.

Oh, you can summon up advisers, brokers, middlemen and bankers to fight your corner, but what you need is a real Negotiator. Someone who doesn't give a hoot, except to get a result. That's where you and we go wrong, see, because we all DO care. We care an awful lot. I'll bet that none of your mob has ever had to do business before with someone like you-know-who.

Well, as of now don't feel you need to speak for me. Call it a day. I've got 64 seasons of memories to keep me going. In that time there have been several Charltons but never one like this. Let the Owner wallow in the God-awful mess he's created, the monumental losses he's piled up - and growing every single week, of course - and instead of clearing off at least with your decent offer he'll have to kiss that good money goodbye as well. How d'yer like THEM eggs, Roly boy?

So let him keep The Valley and Sparrows Lane. What are they worth without us? Buttons. I'd rather see The Valley become another Mountsfield Park than continue like this. And give the players (and staff) their freedom, instead of having their careers blighted by this tin-eared despot and his hapless commissar. To matey they're not people, they're just contracts on legs.

So, just let the Owner stew. In the meantime you'll know where to find me and I guess thousands like me - just whistle and we'll be back, ok? Only, don't leave it too long.

Nailed it.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    JamesSeed said:

I am surprised so many rely on the so called insider knowledge of the takeover from some posters, even though every prediction up til know has either been way off on timing, entirely wrong, common knowledge already in the press or tidbits so nebulous that, whether right or wrong, they cannot be evaluated after the fact.

It's like the clock being right twice a day. Just because the claim of two o'clock is eventually correct does not mean the prediction was correct. And just because the clock struck two, does not mean the person who made the prediction deserves credit, especially when it comes literally months after the predictions were made.

The fact is, the predictions have all been wrong. And here we are almost half a year later and no one still has much of an idea wtf is going to happen or when.

Whose predictions? I've been careful not to predict anything. Just passed on what I was told, and normally added a caveat.
    Plenty of people are guessing, but where's the harm in that?
    No harm in it but anyone still reading this thread and taking anything in it with less than a large pinch of salt has not really been paying attention.

Seems even your Aussie mates have found it hard to accurately predict what will happen, and I’m not sure even Roland knows half the time what he will do next until he does it, so what chance anyone outside the deal has of predicting what will happen, I don’t know.

I think the best anyone can say is that it will happen when it happens, if it happens at all.

In the meantime I think a few people would be well advised to chill out a bit and stop worrying about something they can’t control.
  • Options

Sadly I trust NLA more than aby of the other 'ITK' crew, so, for me, it's time the Aussies f*** off and find another club to mess around with, we need a serious buyer with a serious plan to get us out of thethis league.

Getting to the prem is gonna vost c. 50m, how will they find that if its taken this long to get together the money to just buy the club. If they get control I can see admin within 3 years, a prospect we don't have to worry about under RD.

I believe that NLA is, like James Seed, telling us what he’s been told BUT he’s getting his info directly, or indirectly, from Roland himself and I personally wouldn’t believe a word that comes out of his mouth.
    Why else have they been trying to raise funds for at least 14 months? That's directly from their website, not RD.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just made the BBC news...
  • Options
    BBC seemed to just regurgitate the statement of the other day but with pictures of the ground
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Redrobo said:

JamesSeed said:

I am surprised so many rely on the so called insider knowledge of the takeover from some posters, even though every prediction up til know has either been way off on timing, entirely wrong, common knowledge already in the press or tidbits so nebulous that, whether right or wrong, they cannot be evaluated after the fact.

It's like the clock being right twice a day. Just because the claim of two o'clock is eventually correct does not mean the prediction was correct. And just because the clock struck two, does not mean the person who made the prediction deserves credit, especially when it comes literally months after the predictions were made.

The fact is, the predictions have all been wrong. And here we are almost half a year later and no one still has much of an idea wtf is going to happen or when.

Whose predictions? I've been careful not to predict anything. Just passed on what I was told, and normally added a caveat.
    Plenty of people are guessing, but where's the harm in that?
    Correct. You have not predicted anything, but you have passed on what one member of the consortium has asked you to. If it has been true or false does not matter as at least we had an insight as to one parties view.
    To be strictly accurate our first conversation
    was pretty random, and I certainly didn’t get the impression that they were trying to get a message out there or anything. In fact he was a bit pissed off how the news spread, even though I asked him if it was ok to share it.
    Since then it’s been very, very limited, and just a response to me asking if they were pulling out or something. NDAs etc.
    To be fair, you did set up a blog after going for a beer with him. All appreciated though.
  • Options

Back in the cafc and Aussie consortium negotiation table things take a big backward step

After establishing that NLA was right and they haven’t got the money that RD wants currently

The discussions continue on how hard they are trying to rectify the situation

But currently they would be open to buying the club

Minus

Wait for it it’s a corker

The ground and the training ground

So as I keep saying

The aussies have no money

And we are back at cafc del Amitri day

Because this shit storm was definitely spoke about months ago

What an absolute shit fucking scenario we will face now should the inevitable happen and the Aussies fucked up attempt to find an investor or investors

We won’t be rid of RD

Fucking shambles running the club

Fucking shambles buying the club

I've not wanted to believe NLA but I think he's right.
  • Options

I believe that NLA is, like James Seed, telling us what he’s been told BUT he’s getting his info directly, or indirectly, from Roland himself and I personally wouldn’t believe a word that comes out of his mouth.
    Why else have they been trying to raise funds for at least 14 months? That's directly from their website, not RD.
    This and why did the first fella walk away was it he thought we were over priced

More than likely

Did he think RD was a dick more than likely

For what it’s worth I don’t think the Aussies are a bad lot I don’t think their idea is terrible I don’t think their intentions are wrong and I think that Muir is right not to pump his cash freely into something that they have no track record in doing and nothing to really hold on to other than hope to see if they are able to achieve it

I think bringing Elliot on board would be a great move

But none of it is a cert for success and people think Muir should just stump up himself

Whybthe fuck should he money is hard to come by no matter what sort of table your dining at

A fool and his money is easily parted

We have had a proper fool running us who he may not of invested his cash in us wisely but he foolishly entered in without full DD and he has been losing 13mil a season since we have been in this shite league
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Can I just confirm as a bona fide British bidder to purchase the Club - a bid which has not been rejected to date (or to be fair acknowledged) - I am not part of a Consortium.

However, I am open to discussions with fellow Charlton fans if they feel they have the financial acumen to support my bid (minimum investment of £100 with some form of chocolate comestible to act as a 'sweetener' on the deal) and I would consider leading in either a partnership or alliance to rid our Club of the #BelgianBastard

Oh, dear, going to Belmarsh for your holidays having issued an unapproved financial promotion in contravention of section 21 FSMA 2000 - unless you're sure we've all signed a high net worth/sophisticated investor statement. :wink:

Meanwhile, back in Australia

• Options
    If NLA is as spot as on as he has been so far (The git), then I am sure many will feel that this isn't enough and their boycott will last, so what other than a loss making machine are the Aussies buying? A team without a home isn't a viable asset unless you are in the gravy train league.
  • Options
    Buying the "football club" should be quite easy without buy the holding company that own the ground and training ground. As I believe, but maybe wrong, they are separate companies both owned by baton?

Are the directors charges owed by baton or another subsidiary?
  • Options
    Unless @nth london addick has been bribed by @Henry Irving to boost the post count and shove this thread towards the mythical 1000 pages.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!