Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    vffvff
    edited June 2018
    We have a statement. Great. Doesn’t say much. What the hell is so complicated ? What is the hold up ? It’s a football club not a multinational conglomerate. Not particularly reassured by that.
  • Options
    Very close to

Nope your not correct on that last point henners 100% you are wrong and I know that for a fact

The money was there but afterEFL it was Mo longer

Ok, but that goes against what you've said before ie they haven't had the money since the bubble/Aussie dropped out last year.

I still think that what Rick hinted at in his article today is closer to the truth ie the Aussie tried to low ball him.
  • Options
    The players to leave and come in may make more sense now. I would think that there is general agreement between Rolly, Muir and Bows as to who can leave and who we will try and sign, and that this needed to be sorted because of delay in sale.

It would certainly take the panic out of a sale.
  • Options
    edited June 2018

Nope your not correct on that last point henners 100% you are wrong and I know that for a fact

The money was there but afterEFL it was Mo longer

Exactly, the EFL said a couple of investors were not permitted (we don't know why but possibly because of part ownership in other clubs).

I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't have the funds (as in Muir may personally have enough, but so what if he's only willing to put in a small/medium sum).

They went away a few weeks ago to talk to additional investors and perhaps it's these additional people that were not permitted.
    Mind you whether it was them or existing investors it doesn't matter.
  • Options
    I am surprised that DD is still being mentioned as one of the reasons for the delay. That really should have been completed some time ago.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

So, back to my post of 11 days ago then, deal not done. No brown cable laid since, Efl and dd still a factor - that's been dragging on a bit as completed before xmas according to some.... - anyone for a Brit Aussie combined consortium???? Last bit a guess btw

I am not sure that there were that many claiming a deal had been done were there?

I also think it is fair to say that there is a clear understanding though.a
  • Options
    950 pages

Great work guys
  • Options

So then, this ‘select group of investors linked to The Australian Football Consortium’

This going to be all Aussies / new people to the Club, or will it include any already known Charlton faces?

What’s your guess?

• Sponsored links:

• Options

I am surprised that DD is still being mentioned as one of the reasons for the delay. That really should have been completed some time ago.

Previously stated here that items identified in the DD need to be resolved. Not the same thing.
  • Options

Having been involved in deals bigger than this, DD isn't really finished until you sign on the dotted line.
    My experience also, but this doesn't feel in anyway as complex as the two I have experience of to warrant it still being a significant factor.

• Options

Having been involved in deals bigger than this, DD isn't really finished until you sign on the dotted line.
    My experience also, but this doesn't feel in anyway as complex as the two I have experience of to warrant it still being a significant factor.

I thought the Jiminez/Slater court case was supposed to have been extremely complex?
  • Options

Very bland statement....there to pacify the fans from both perspectives (Aussies = we're still here & trying....CAFC = RD is not running the club into the ground) but yet tells us nothing.

I agree with previous posters that its worded to suggest the problem is with the funding & also previous problems found during DD....

HOWEVER.....

did it not occur to the investors who the EFL have problems with that this was going to be the case ?? Did Muir etc not know this or did they hide it from him / other investors ??? Did the expect the EFL not to notice they own/ have interest in other clubs ??? Schoolboy error of the highest magnitude.

fuckwits running the club & fuckwits wanting to takeover......sigh.

surprised nobody commented on my earlier post.....to me it looks like they are looking for new investors when the 2 (?) that were identified by the EFL as being not "fit & proper" & I would have thought at least they would have known that it was going to cause problems.
  • Options

I agree, the nearer you get to signing, the lesser the issues, unless something crawls out of the woodwork.
  • Options
    Is it possible that RD doesn't actually own everything he thinks he does? I high court judge didn't know who owned us.....

Just a thought
  • Options

So then, this ‘select group of investors linked to The Australian Football Consortium’

This going to be all Aussies / new people to the Club, or will it include any already known Charlton faces?

What’s your guess?

Pure guess, Aussies with some middle-Eastern or Russian money.
  • Options
    The aussies can save £2m by stalling until the new season starts as RD will have to cover the losses in close season.

Just a thought
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafc999 said:

The aussies can save £2m by stalling until the new season starts as RD will have to cover the losses in close season.

Just a thought

£3m for Konsa. Just a thought.
  • Options
    Time to piss or get off the pot.
  • Options
    Just a thought.
  • Options

cafc999 said:

Just a thought

If your prepared to pay 40 million for a club why would you worry about 2m over the summer and seriously risk your investment by not putting in place a stracture base
    Its not about money, its about ego
  • Options
    We are all so much more relaxed by that news. Wtf? Not a step further forward.Just sign the forms RD and go away.
  • Options
    Good to get an official update but sounds like this is going to drag on.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Good to get an official update but sounds like this is going to drag on.

This thread may still make 4 million views then.
  • Options

cafc999 said:

Just a thought

£3m for Konsa. Just a thought.
    Brentford didnt announce as a record signing which i think stands at 2.9M
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!