Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    cfgs said:

So the real question is will he settle for a sensible amount due to his ongoing losses or will the loss of senior figures mean that we have nobody to pay the bills and we end up in administration and he gets nothing. The second option is highly unlikely but would be funny.

I think the loss of senior figures led us to believe it was closer than it was.

We won't go into administration, he will cut his losses at some point it's just a waiting game.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Addickted said:

@Airman Brown

Can you confirm what the inside leg measurement of the new owner is and what are his/her views on vegetarian options at the food outlets?

FFS.

AB is busy but had asked me to confirm the following:

a) 34”
    b) Under the new owners, a strategy will be introduced whereby vegetarians will be encouraged to eat meat. This will be done by pumping the smell of cooking lamb, beef and venison through the air vents around the stadium. Chips will remain on the menu.
    Unless he's got a very short torso he passes the height test then.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Addickted said:

@Airman Brown

Can you confirm what the inside leg measurement of the new owner is and what are his/her views on vegetarian options at the food outlets?

FFS.

AB is busy but had asked me to confirm the following:

a) 34”
    b) Under the new owners, a strategy will be introduced whereby vegetarians will be encouraged to eat meat. This will be done by pumping the smell of cooking lamb, beef and venison through the air vents around the stadium. Chips will remain on the menu.
    How many chips? That's the all important question.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just shared a cab with Rio Ferdinand and Paul Elliott.
    I asked them if they could give me an update on what his happening.

Yes they said.

Roland is a total CNUT
  • Options
    Hex said:

@Airman Brown Apart from matches, season tickets and income from transfers, do you know when the club will next receive money to offset RD's losses ?

I think the central payments, such as they are, are made in August and January. They are the only ones that amount to anything significant, as far as I can see.
  • Options

@DOUCHER give it a rest son, its so boring.

Lighten up - I've no axe to grind with airman as I've stated before
  • Options
    Takeover of League 1 club completed...

• Options
    edited February 2018
    Scoham said:

He’d need a Redfearn size shirt to get his name on the back of
  • Options
    edited February 2018

Their debts are over £100M and they are losing £25M per year and heading for League One. He won't get an offer until he eats half the debt. Also has players on PL contracts killing their wage bill. I think they are in administration within 36 months.
    Their debt was 136m in their latest accounts but they're from 18 months ago. Since then they've more than halved their wage bill, had another year of sky tv money, will have 3 years of parachute payments (about 70m) and sold Pickford, van Aanholt and Borini for about 45m. I'd guess the debt must be down to around 50-60m by now
    According to their own fans supposedly in the know, their debt is only down to about £100M and they are still losing millions per year. Of that debt, £50-60M or so is owed to a finance company. No way are that group is taking a haircut. The rest is owned by Short himself, so how much of a haircut he wants to take... we will see. My guess he will have to sell for zero.

The killer is they are probably heading for League One and that further drop in revs will be murder once parachutes run out.

They remind me of the financial saying "never try to catch a falling knife."

Here is an article about their probable current finances

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/true-price-buying-sunderland-would-14320554.amp
  • Options
    BDL said:

Fuck off, I've had a liquid lunch and I'm pissed.

Hayes you utter Thunder, had hoped it had all gone under the radar.

Addicted, fuck off. (still love you though)

And I can assure you all that the info I was told came from a completely different source from Airman. So there.

As for Fanny's hot pants. I nearly had a heart attack at the thought.

Right, I'm off to sober up.

Still trying to catch up on this thread and just read this.
    Why haven’t you mentioned my hot pants?
  • Options
    Personally I think there are only 2 outcomes - one of the bids currently under consideration will be accepted pretty soon or it will happen once the league we r in next season is known - nothing earth shattering there I know but it's just whether waiting a few months gets him s better offer over and above the extra cost of funding us for a few more months
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tomorrow then, cos it certainly didn't happen yesterday.
  • Options
    edited February 2018

Scoham said:

Thank God it’s not us. No chance of spelling his name right. Plus “Thanakarnjanasuth out” would be a tough one...
    CAST has a ring to it though.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

Personally I think there are only 2 outcomes - one of the bids currently under consideration will be accepted pretty soon or it will happen once the league we r in next season is known - nothing earth shattering there I know but it's just whether waiting a few months gets him s better offer over and above the extra cost of funding us for a few more months

Once the League we are in next season is known?

It is known. We will be in League One.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Scoham said:

Thank God it’s not us. No chance of spelling his name right. Plus “Thanakarnjanasuth out” would be a tough one...
    CAST has a ring to it though.
    Please walk away RD
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    th

Roland is clearly playing the game and trying to create a bidding war. I don't blame him for that because we would all do the same.

At some point he will have to lower his asking price because that's going to be a better option than continually funding our losses.

My information regarding the Scottish interest was that he was asking for a fairly substantial amount if he were to sell and we went on to gain promotion. I think that has been a sticky point because getting promotion from League 1 to the Champ is not worth an extra 5mil (the amount I was told he wanted including in the contract of sale).

I do think we have to be patient, we are close to being sold. It's just when Roland decides to lower his valuation because he is not going to get anywhere near what he thinks he can get.

More to the point is that McGleish watched a couple of our games & saw that we weren't very good & had no chance of getting out of this division this season.
    cfgs said:

So the real question is will he settle for a sensible amount due to his ongoing losses or will the loss of senior figures mean that we have nobody to pay the bills and we end up in administration and he gets nothing. The second option is highly unlikely but would be funny.

but they aren't his losses are they, they're ours. He isn't putting any of his own money into the club, but effectively "loaning" it to the club & then charging interest on it. As far as I see it, he'll continue with this strategy until he gets an offer close to what he wants. I do think he'll sell by the summer, but certainly not in the next few weeks. As someone else said, I think now he'll wait until he definitely knows what league we are in as if we do get promoted (highly unlikely) then he feels that his price is justified and he doesn't have to barter with any prospective buyers. Its only another 10 weeks & any funding will just be loaded onto the club in any case.
  • Options
    How much realistically is the price difference between us being a L1 club compared to a Championship one?
  • Options
    If he's not getting a price to cover all the debt (which he won't) then any further debt added is HIS loss
  • Options

How much realistically is the price difference between us being a L1 club compared to a Championship one?

The value is really in being closer to promotion to the Premier League - the extra central revenue and commercial income is more or less offset by additional costs, especially if you want to compete.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!