Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

No one has doubted who the delay is down too in the last 4 weeks or who is responsible for the shit state we find ourselves In

The delay is financial 100%

But there has to be a point where someone moves and it won’t be two shit cnut chalets

Or he would’ve done it by now

That leaves the buyers to either walk away or find a solution to resolve it or we wi just right off this season and more than likely give atleast a ten point start to every other club around us because our squad is not good enough or big enough to cope right now

If that happens they will have to be preapared for another season after this one in lge 1 or even if they want a lge 2 club

If the rumours are right and Murray is involved in the Brits interest he certainly won’t be rushing to do anything pre xmas when they can gauge the road ahead of them

Apologies, I always seem to be having a pop at you, but you've changed your tune a bit from 'the Aussies can't raise the cash', to 'it's financial'.
    You now agree they've not got funding issues?
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

No one has doubted who the delay is down too in the last 4 weeks or who is responsible for the shit state we find ourselves In

But there has to be a point where someone moves and it won’t be two shit cnut chalets

That leaves the buyers to either walk away or find a solution to resolve it or we wi just right off this season and more than likely give atleast a ten point start to every other club around us because our squad is not good enough or big enough to cope right now

If that happens they will have to be preapared for another season after this one in lge 1 or even if they want a lge 2 club

If the rumours are right and Murray is involved in the Brits interest he certainly won’t be rushing to do anything pre xmas when they can gauge the road ahead of them

Apologies, I always seem to be having a pop at you, but you've changed your tune a bit from 'the Aussies can't raise the cash', to 'it's financial'.
    You now agree they've not got funding issues?
    I still don’t think they have the money tbh, but that’s my view as they haven’t shown it by buying us

I think the directors loans are a major sticking point

So to cover both I will just say in my opinion this is all financial and not administrative I don’t buy the EFL line at all
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Mr Seed the frustration is more acute in this period,for ALL football fans this period between seasons is our sesson of HOPE. May be just, may be we can forget the decades of disappointment/shit and this season with a few signings we could actually go somewhere.That forward could score 25 goals etc etc

With CAFC it usually ends in disappointment but with RD our wealthiest owner its been thin squad to anorexic ---then we are TOLD new owners WILL be here at the end of last season .So our period of hope increases ,we might not be feeding out of the left overs and the dregs,we might be able to actually have a go-------- but here we are ---dead in the water-----a squad horrifically thin----even our small season of hope has been taken away.

I totally get what you are saying. The only crumb of comfort is that they haven't walked away.

I'm almost resigned for this sale thing to happen too late for the transfer window, but perhaps we'll get some great loanees before that window closes?

And the January window, although never an easy time to do business, might be another chance to improve the squad?

And even if we mess up the season, we should be in a much better place this time next year under our new CEO and ownership.

You know me, over-optimistic to the bitter end.

[I'm not saying it won't happen next week by the way.]
    This might be a dumb question but...do you know if the Aussies grasp the transfer window element? There have been instances of investors from not traditionally footballing countries not grasping some of the nuances of the sport over here.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

JamesSeed said:

Mr Seed the frustration is more acute in this period,for ALL football fans this period between seasons is our sesson of HOPE. May be just, may be we can forget the decades of disappointment/shit and this season with a few signings we could actually go somewhere.That forward could score 25 goals etc etc

With CAFC it usually ends in disappointment but with RD our wealthiest owner its been thin squad to anorexic ---then we are TOLD new owners WILL be here at the end of last season .So our period of hope increases ,we might not be feeding out of the left overs and the dregs,we might be able to actually have a go-------- but here we are ---dead in the water-----a squad horrifically thin----even our small season of hope has been taken away.

I totally get what you are saying. The only crumb of comfort is that they haven't walked away.

I'm almost resigned for this sale thing to happen too late for the transfer window, but perhaps we'll get some great loanees before that window closes?

And the January window, although never an easy time to do business, might be another chance to improve the squad?

And even if we mess up the season, we should be in a much better place this time next year under our new CEO and ownership.

You know me, over-optimistic to the bitter end.

[I'm not saying it won't happen next week by the way.]
    This might be a dumb question but...do you know if the Aussies grasp the transfer window element? There have been instances of investors from not traditionally footballing countries not grasping some of the nuances of the sport over here.
    They do.
  • Options
    My perception is that even if the directors loans 'issue' is seemingly resolved, then another issue will crop up, and another and another.
    There can be little doubt now that we go into the season under Duchatelet, and unless Bowyer can work wonders we get to the kind of mid season crisis that has seen off so many managers around that time, and Nobby Vinegar, or Chris O'Laughlin are wheeled in, or Jacko is promoted to manager in a desperate attempt to somehow keep the fans onside.
    This pattern has rinsed and repeated throughout Duchatelet's reign, why should it be any different this time?
  • Options
    Assuming the takeover doesn't go through I expect RD will make Bowyer permanent manager as late possible. Maybe even the day before the season starts.
  • Options

I think Duchatelet would be forced to appoint Bowyer as manager if we get to the start of the season under his ownership, i.e Bowyer would, quite rightly, demand it. So the fact he remains caretaker is interesting.

You think he's going to pull a rabbit out of the hat?
    I don't. It's classic Duchatelet. We've been without a CEO for how long now?

He's just being his ameteurish, unprofessional and completely out of touch self .
    No doubt Bowyers new contract will be hastily drawn up the night before the season kicks off.

• Options
    edited July 2018

I think Duchatelet would be forced to appoint Bowyer as manager if we get to the start of the season under his ownership, i.e Bowyer would, quite rightly, demand it. So the fact he remains caretaker is interesting.

You think he's going to pull a rabbit out of the hat?
    I don't. It's classic Duchatelet. We've been without a CEO for how long now?

He's just being his ameteurish, unprofessional and completely out of touch self .
    No doubt Bowyers new contract will be hastily drawn up the night before the season kicks off.

Probably, but he won’t do it all if he can avoid it. Unlike the CEO situation, Bowyer is capable of telling him to poke it though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Scoham said:

He owns the director debt AB but i don’t believe it risses yearly or does it

If he owns it and it does t increase annually he may as well ignore it as it’s not due for being paid unless he chooses too or we get promoted to prem

I honestly think we are all convinced that he will sell due to the losses

I don’t agree I think the bloke is vindictive and spiteful enough to just run us in the way he is currently until he finds someone like him who was willing to pay what Is deemed favourable and to ignore the directors debt until it’s due for paying

He won’t move unless the other parties come closer to his value or solution for the debt

The director loans don’t rise.
    The directors loans don't rise, so the amount outstanding is reducing in real terms, as it is getting eroded by inflation.
    Their multi millionaires they don’t care and inflation is 2.4%, Rolands debt is rising too at the rate of at least £1mn a month he has been farting around with this deal for a year, that’s £12mn wasted he could have paid them off and be £5mn better off.
    So you are saying that it’s the Director loans that are holding this up ?

Only Roland knows that, but he agreed a deal and said he would sort out those Loans without knowing what Ex Directors would say, unless he was told by one that they wouldn’t be a problem.
    Then guess what there was .
    Now that is an interesting post.

Roland agreed the deal, presumably with the Aussies.

Roland tells the Aussies he will deal the the £7m loans.

Roland then finds out the former directors won't play ball.

And so here we are.

So, in my eyes, if we believe @Davidsmith, this delay is all down to Roland.
    What about the documentation to be submitted to the EFL ?
    I thought everyone agreed that was a fact ?
    You said this within the last couple of hours, so you can't believe David Smith 100%.
    No offence to David or anyone.

"However, the Aussies, according to @Airman Brown, privately dispute that there are no issues with the former director loans although they appear to accept that there is still some paperwork to be signed off by the EFL. What the delay with the EFL is, why it is an issue and when it might be resolved all remain unclear."

I was reporting what AB said in a summary.
    So do you believe David Smith that the delay is all down to Roland ?

Do you believe that there is no longer a delay with submitting paperwork to the EFL or perhaps there never was ?
    My guess is that the director issue is the significant one that is delaying the deal.

So do you think we are still waiting for the Aussies to submit paperwork to the EFL ?

Perhaps, you think it has now been submitted and we are awaiting EFL approval ?

Alternatively, do you feel that this EFL approval delay talk is a nonsense and the EFL have already approved the takeover ?
    Henry, I think you may have missed this ?
  • Options
    Just a thought but wouldn't now be the best time to go and protest in Belgium, whilst there is an offer on the table in an attempt to force Roland to lower his asking price?
  • Options

Scoham said:

If he owns it and it does t increase annually he may as well ignore it as it’s not due for being paid unless he chooses too or we get promoted to prem

I don’t agree I think the bloke is vindictive and spiteful enough to just run us in the way he is currently until he finds someone like him who was willing to pay what Is deemed favourable and to ignore the directors debt until it’s due for paying

He won’t move unless the other parties come closer to his value or solution for the debt

The directors loans don't rise, so the amount outstanding is reducing in real terms, as it is getting eroded by inflation.
    Their multi millionaires they don’t care and inflation is 2.4%, Rolands debt is rising too at the rate of at least £1mn a month he has been farting around with this deal for a year, that’s £12mn wasted he could have paid them off and be £5mn better off.

Only Roland knows that, but he agreed a deal and said he would sort out those Loans without knowing what Ex Directors would say, unless he was told by one that they wouldn’t be a problem.

And so here we are.

You said this within the last couple of hours, so you can't believe David Smith 100%.

"However, the Aussies, according to @Airman Brown, privately dispute that there are no issues with the former director loans although they appear to accept that there is still some paperwork to be signed off by the EFL. What the delay with the EFL is, why it is an issue and when it might be resolved all remain unclear."

Do you believe that there is no longer a delay with submitting paperwork to the EFL or perhaps there never was ?
    My guess is that the director issue is the significant one that is delaying the deal.

So do you think we are still waiting for the Aussies to submit paperwork to the EFL ?

Alternatively, do you feel that this EFL approval delay talk is a nonsense and the EFL have already approved the takeover ?
    No, I was having dinner.

We.may we'll be waiting on EFL paperwork but I don't think it is significant.

• Options

Scoham said:

And so here we are.

No, I was having dinner.

We.may we'll be waiting on EFL paperwork but I don't think it is significant.

So the takeover could not have gone through by now then, as any potential new owners still do not have EFL approval.
    Hopefully, when the EFL receive the required paperwork from the potential new owners (if they are still awaiting it), the deal can be approved and concluded.

If we "hear" that the EFL have approved the takeover and it still doesn't happen, then that will be even more worrying.
  • Options

Just a thought but wouldn't now be the best time to go and protest in Belgium, whilst there is an offer on the table in an attempt to force Roland to lower his asking price?

Have you read this @forzajuve_27 ? http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/3266656/#Comment_3266656
    Sounds just what you are looking for. Hope you are able to participate.
  • Options
    My piece of turf is hopefully thriving in the back garden of my mums old gaff in Blendon Road Blackfen. If Roland wants it he will have to fight me for it, bare chested and armed with a frozen halibut...
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Murray can't do anything without clear title, he can't afford to but, maybe that was the reason for the offer to the directors?
    I find it hard to believe that Murray has a major financial involvement with the rival consortium, we've had 2 rescues (Spivs and Roland) takeovers since he was in charge, and the money ran out.

Apart from anything else, he's older and his health is worse, I doubt he would be up to a major role, other than some sort of part time Chairman/President role
  • Options

If the former directors really believed in the prospects for the club under the Aussies, wouldn’t they prefer to wait for payment and get their full money back when we reach the Premier League?

No , why would they believe in prospects, they never met them, never been approached by them on their loans and their last 3 experiences under Murray, Slater and Roland have been shit.
    If I was them I would not budge an inch.
    This is Rolands problem not theirs, they have been constantly ignored , banned and as the Clubs major creditors treated with disrespect.
    They have all been very quiet and respectful and in leaving their loans in basically stopped Club from Admin in 2010, in my opinion they deserve every penny back and Roland needs to take his medicine for bad management on the chin.
    Agreed but it’s not entirely fair to blame Roland for the failures of those who ran the club to near administration in 2010. Which presumably includes the former directors. If the club HAD gone into administration back then, wouldn’t they have entirely lost their loans anyway?
    The former directors - including Murray - wrote off a huge amount of money (including fans’ shares) to provide the club with a stable basis for sale in 2010. The £7m loans with delayed repayment - a final rescue package assembled with PV’s help in 2009 - and the north stand mortgage and overdraft were left on the books together with some other money owed to Murray.

It’s not really fair to see the £7m as a result of the pre-2009 regime. It was put in to provide working capital and deferred, ultimately to enable Murray to sell the club with very little debt. It was secured against the assets from the beginning, although at that point the ex-directors were behind the banks in the queue. They were still preferential creditors though.

All of the debt run up since December 31st 2010 is now owed to Staprix because of the way the 2014 takeover was structured. Even the 2014 bank debt was added to the Staprix pile.
    Interesting. If the club HAD gone into administration in 2010 or subsequently, would they have got their money back? Would they have claim over specific assets of the club (whether at the Valley or training ground) which could theoretically be sold to repay them?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2018

If the former directors really believed in the prospects for the club under the Aussies, wouldn’t they prefer to wait for payment and get their full money back when we reach the Premier League?

No , why would they believe in prospects, they never met them, never been approached by them on their loans and their last 3 experiences under Murray, Slater and Roland have been shit.
    If I was them I would not budge an inch.
    This is Rolands problem not theirs, they have been constantly ignored , banned and as the Clubs major creditors treated with disrespect.
    They have all been very quiet and respectful and in leaving their loans in basically stopped Club from Admin in 2010, in my opinion they deserve every penny back and Roland needs to take his medicine for bad management on the chin.
    Agreed but it’s not entirely fair to blame Roland for the failures of those who ran the club to near administration in 2010. Which presumably includes the former directors. If the club HAD gone into administration back then, wouldn’t they have entirely lost their loans anyway?
    The former directors - including Murray - wrote off a huge amount of money (including fans’ shares) to provide the club with a stable basis for sale in 2010. The £7m loans with delayed repayment - a final rescue package assembled with PV’s help in 2009 - and the north stand mortgage and overdraft were left on the books together with some other money owed to Murray.

It’s not really fair to see the £7m as a result of the pre-2009 regime. It was put in to provide working capital and deferred, ultimately to enable Murray to sell the club with very little debt. It was secured against the assets from the beginning, although at that point the ex-directors were behind the banks in the queue. They were still preferential creditors though.

All of the debt run up since December 31st 2010 is now owed to Staprix because of the way the 2014 takeover was structured. Even the 2014 bank debt was added to the Staprix pile.
    Interesting. If the club HAD gone into administration in 2010 or subsequently, would they have got their money back? Would they have claim over specific assets of the club (whether at the Valley or training ground) which could theoretically be sold to repay them?
    That’s the point of the charges, although they are in a better position now because the bank debt, which in 2010 took precedence, is now with Staprix and sits behind them in the queue.
  • Options

Cafc43v3r said:

Murray can't do anything without clear title, he can't afford to but, maybe that was the reason for the offer to the directors?
    I find it hard to believe that Murray has a major financial involvement with the rival consortium, we've had 2 rescues (Spivs and Roland) takeovers since he was in charge, and the money ran out.

Apart from anything else, he's older and his health is worse, I doubt he would be up to a major role, other than some sort of part time Chairman/President role
    Fair points although wasn't it reported Murray's finances had significantly improved since Roland came in?

In any case a Chairman/President figurehead role would probably suit him if it keeps him at the top table.
  • Options

Mate saw Paul Elliott at the Erith poundland closing down sale yesterday.
    Winked to my mate and said "next week should be a good week."

Not if you work at Poundland mate. Keep your voice down!

Actually I think Poundland will be doing rather well now they have cornered the "poundshop" market ;)
  • Options

No point. Would only wind him up even more
  • Options
    CHARLTON ATHLETIC HOLDINGS LIMITED

Company number 02689249

Follow this company File for this company
    Company Overview for CHARLTON ATHLETIC HOLDINGS LIMITED (02689249)
    Filing history for CHARLTON ATHLETIC HOLDINGS LIMITED (02689249)
    People for CHARLTON ATHLETIC HOLDINGS LIMITED (02689249)
    Charges for CHARLTON ATHLETIC HOLDINGS LIMITED (02689249)
    Officers Persons with significant control
    Filter officers
    Filter officersCurrent officers
    39 officers / 37 resignations

DUCHATELET, Roland
    Correspondence address
    The Valley, Floyd Road, Charlton, London, SE7 8BL
    Role ACTIVE
    Director
    Date of birth
    November 1946
    Appointed on
    3 January 2014
    Nationality
    Belgian
    Country of residence
    Belgium
    Occupation
    Company Director

MURRAY OBODYNSKI, Richard Alan
    Correspondence address
    Nunn Hayward, 66-70, Coombe Road, New Malden, Surrey, United Kingdom, KT3 4QW
    Role ACTIVE
    Director
    Date of birth
    February 1950
    Appointed on
    19 February 1992
    Nationality
    British
    Country of residence
    England
    Occupation
    Director

No new news
  • Options
    From the OS staff page... who owns the other 5% of Staprix NV, who in turn own the club?

Charlton Athletic Football Company Ltd is owned by Staprix NV, which is 95% owned by Roland Duchâtelet.

Director: Roland Duchâtelet

Director: Richard Murray
  • Options
    Scoham said:

From the OS staff page... who owns the other 5% of Staprix NV, who in turn own the club?

Charlton Athletic Football Company Ltd is owned by Staprix NV, which is 95% owned by Roland Duchâtelet.

Director: Roland Duchâtelet

Director: Richard Murray

Some long-term Belgium mate of Roland's, can't remember his name.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    No point protesting it’s not gonna make him sell the club gonna make him pretend to sell the club to trick us and hang on to it for longer to wind us up .
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!