Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

I've got to stop reading this wretched thread. I've just wasted an hour and a half of a beautiful Sunday morning! Grrrrrr!

• Options

What part of THE PRICE HAS BEEN AGREED do you guys not get?

Duh! The part when the deal gets done , because if it’s agreed tell us why it’s not happening!
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

I've got to stop reading this wretched thread. I've just wasted an hour and a half of a beautiful Sunday morning! Grrrrrr!

Did you wait an hour and 8 minutes of the afternoon before posting?
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    206 new posts since I last logged in yesterday and still none the wiser! WTF
  • Options

Scoham said:

He owns the director debt AB but i don’t believe it risses yearly or does it

If he owns it and it does t increase annually he may as well ignore it as it’s not due for being paid unless he chooses too or we get promoted to prem

I honestly think we are all convinced that he will sell due to the losses

I don’t agree I think the bloke is vindictive and spiteful enough to just run us in the way he is currently until he finds someone like him who was willing to pay what Is deemed favourable and to ignore the directors debt until it’s due for paying

He won’t move unless the other parties come closer to his value or solution for the debt

The director loans don’t rise.
    No, but unless the Aussies are underwriting the delay the cost to him of owning the club continues to do so.
    Of course, though a few more sales and a sell on from Lookman could potentially cover costs for a few months.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    the part that just because you agree a price to buy it doesn’t mean you actually have to until you sign on the ................ line
  • Options
    se9addick said:

What part of THE PRICE HAS BEEN AGREED do you guys not get?

So whats the hold up?
    Documentation being submitted & approved by the EFL?
    Don't buy it. Not for this long anyway, not unless either the Aussies haven't resubmitted. And that asks questions itself
  • Options
    @ShootersHillGuru I have believed that there is some truth in "RD doesn't know what he bought from the spivs" for a while. It's one of a number of plusable causes of what information we do know.

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

@ShootersHillGuru I have believed that there is some truth in "RD doesn't know what he bought from the spivs" for a while. It's one of a number of plusable causes of what information we do know.

I also believe this as the daft old duffer seemed to acquire us very quickly suggesting his due diligence wasn't thorough enough.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Nice summary Grapevine except for the bit about clear title. Why do new owners need to clear debentures not repayable until we are in Prem? Duchatalet bought us without doing so.

I think you answered your own question !

Look at the effing mess, because RD didn't buy us with clean title !
  • Options

Summary 22.07.18

So here we are, two weeks away from the new season and still no done deal. Whatever happened to "it will be announced when we know what division we are in"?

What's happened in the past few weeks then?

The fans forum met on 11 July and the minutes from this one agenda meeting can be found here https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5b4642efe6562/club-answer-questions-from-fan-representatives-about-takeover

The meeting was the first public appearance or naming of Lieven De Turck who, as well as representing the club in takeover talks, appears to be acting CEO, FD and head of making ridiculous cuts such as youth team breakfasts and not turning light on during the three days a week he is in the UK.

LDT's statements to the Fans Forum, the supporters' group being much derided in the run up to the meeting but getting an update if nothing else, left people asking for more but according to the regime bean counter:

- The club is satisfied the Australians have the money to purchase the club
    - The Australians haven’t been granted exclusivity. It is possible the other party could still purchase the club but they still have certain issues of their own to resolve. The club can’t go in to more detail on these issues because of the NDA
    - The sale agreed with the Australians does not include Staprix retaining The Valley or Sparrows Lane.
    - There are no issues with regard to former director's loans.
    - The only issue holding up the process is EFL approval.

However, the Aussies, according to @Airman Brown, privately dispute that there are no issues with the former director loans although they appear to accept that there is still some paperwork to be signed off by the EFL. What the delay with the EFL is, why it is an issue and when it might be resolved all remain unclear.

It was suggested that Duchatelet had only in June made an offer to the seven former directors and then for only 25% of the value, which was rejected by at least some of them. Airman Brown suggested that at least some of the old directors are in no mind to do any favours for either Duchatelet or Richard Murray, who has £3m of the £7m loan himself, and is still believed by some to be part of a, depending on your outlook, very shy or very mythical, British consortium.

@harveys_gardener did some research on the AFC group and found new names attached to the firm although most appeared to be lawyers rather than potential owners. Read more on page 1089 http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/77551/sale-of-charlton-pg-946-statement-from-club-expecting-a-takeover-of-the-club-to-be-completed/p1089

A "rumour" that appeared to originate with Colin Sams/Bexley Boy set yet another deadline, this time that nothing would happen until after the Norwich game on 28 July. Why this was the case wasn't made clear.

@Grapevine49 wrote an essay far too long for a summary but still very much worth the read. In essence he debunked the argument, put forward by a few posters, that the Aussies were in anyway responsible for or to blame for the directors loans not being settled. Read it in full here http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/77551/sale-of-charlton-pg-946-statement-from-club-expecting-a-takeover-of-the-club-to-be-completed/p1105

Lee Bowyer held an unannounced Q & A at the new kit launch and said that he was meeting with Richard Murray the next day (Friday 20) to learn about progress on the takeover. Lee publicly stated that he didn't feel the uncertainty over the takeover was impacting on player recruitment but he later said that any sale of Josh Magennis was out of his hands.

But with no firm news and little new information that thread continued in what we must now refer to as the @Scoham Takeover Infinity Loop which said poster accurately described as

1. Someone posts they’ve heard the deal may go through next week.

2. Excitement builds as we get close to the deadline.

3. Deadline passes. Nothing is said by the club or reported by the local media.

4. Discussions on here around reasons for the delay amongst more puns, gifs etc.

5. A few agree they have doubts about the Aussies or the deal even going through.

6. Others post that the Aussies aren’t the enemy, RD is to blame etc.

Repeat.

Over to you @AFKABartram

Gutted not to get a mention in that tbqh
  • Options
    edited July 2018

Nothing at all I just can not see it ending well but don’t believe it’s an EFL issue I don’t believe it’s a paperwork issue

This is purely a money issue

And the longer it goes on the more we will suffer

The longer it goes on the more likely investment in the consortium could be pulled

And two shit chalets will just not give over a decent playing budget will sell anything that has value so that he is not funding the losses himself

We are past who blinks first this is worse than that

I’m certainly not saying you are wrong. You have an inside track. But.

What came out of the fans forum was a statement from one side of the equation. Namely the football club. I can see why they might want to apply pressure on the Aussies but the statement said that the problem was administrative not money. If it was as you say “purely money” wouldn’t it have applied more pressure on Muir and Co by saying that or at least implying that. They didn’t and said they are happy that the funds are in place.

Seems to me and this is just my not itk take on things is that RD can’t sell at this point due to technicalities from before his purchase that need resolving. Not money but perhaps even clear ownership of assets. Obscured from view by Slater and Jiminez in the BVI. I doubt the £7 million former directors debt is solely responsible for holding up this deal happening.

The outstanding £7M directors loans could easily be described as administrative rather than money, if an owner wished to describe it as such. (Ok it's political language but ykwim).
  • Options
    Would it be funny or horrific if the old nutter doesn’t actually own half of what he’s trying to sell because he thought he was to clever to have to do proper DD.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Scoham said:

If he owns it and it does t increase annually he may as well ignore it as it’s not due for being paid unless he chooses too or we get promoted to prem

I don’t agree I think the bloke is vindictive and spiteful enough to just run us in the way he is currently until he finds someone like him who was willing to pay what Is deemed favourable and to ignore the directors debt until it’s due for paying

He won’t move unless the other parties come closer to his value or solution for the debt

The directors loans don't rise, so the amount outstanding is reducing in real terms, as it is getting eroded by inflation.
  • Options

Would it be funny or horrific if the old nutter doesn’t actually own half of what he’s trying to sell because he thought he was to clever to have to do proper DD.

It would be fucking horrific, but I don't doubt it's a possibility.
  • Options
    edited July 2018

Scoham said:

The directors loans don't rise, so the amount outstanding is reducing in real terms, as it is getting eroded by inflation.
    Their multi millionaires they don’t care and inflation is 2.4%, Rolands debt is rising too at the rate of at least £1mn a month he has been farting around with this deal for a year, that’s £12mn wasted he could have paid them off and be £5mn better off.
    So you are saying that it’s the Director loans that are holding this up ?

• Options

It would be very funny but horrific for the supporters.

Something does not stack up with this drawn out affair and I feel it is going to come back and bite the supporters on their bottoms.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If the former directors really believed in the prospects for the club under the Aussies, wouldn’t they prefer to wait for payment and get their full money back when we reach the Premier League?
  • Options
    edited July 2018

If the former directors really believed in the prospects for the club under the Aussies, wouldn’t they prefer to wait for payment and get their full money back when we reach the Premier League?

Probably, but they may want to buy clear title to secure there own monies or to secure future loans.
  • Options

Something does not stack up with this drawn out affair and I feel it is going to come back and bite the supporters on their bottoms.
    After 11000 comments finally a decent one
  • Options
    clb74 said:

After 11000 comments finally a decent one
    So does this mean that you will return your season ticket for a refund?

I take it you are agreeing with my 'decent' post.
  • Options

That might well be the case. But if you had agreed a price - would you really want to have to find another £7m if and when you made the Premier League?
  • Options

Summary 22.07.18

So here we are, two weeks away from the new season and still no done deal. Whatever happened to "it will be announced when we know what division we are in"?

What's happened in the past few weeks then?

The fans forum met on 11 July and the minutes from this one agenda meeting can be found here https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5b4642efe6562/club-answer-questions-from-fan-representatives-about-takeover

The meeting was the first public appearance or naming of Lieven De Turck who, as well as representing the club in takeover talks, appears to be acting CEO, FD and head of making ridiculous cuts such as youth team breakfasts and not turning light on during the three days a week he is in the UK.

LDT's statements to the Fans Forum, the supporters' group being much derided in the run up to the meeting but getting an update if nothing else, left people asking for more but according to the regime bean counter:

- The club is satisfied the Australians have the money to purchase the club
    - The Australians haven’t been granted exclusivity. It is possible the other party could still purchase the club but they still have certain issues of their own to resolve. The club can’t go in to more detail on these issues because of the NDA
    - The sale agreed with the Australians does not include Staprix retaining The Valley or Sparrows Lane.
    - There are no issues with regard to former director's loans.
    - The only issue holding up the process is EFL approval.

However, the Aussies, according to @Airman Brown, privately dispute that there are no issues with the former director loans although they appear to accept that there is still some paperwork to be signed off by the EFL. What the delay with the EFL is, why it is an issue and when it might be resolved all remain unclear.

It was suggested that Duchatelet had only in June made an offer to the seven former directors and then for only 25% of the value, which was rejected by at least some of them. Airman Brown suggested that at least some of the old directors are in no mind to do any favours for either Duchatelet or Richard Murray, who has £3m of the £7m loan himself, and is still believed by some to be part of a, depending on your outlook, very shy or very mythical, British consortium.

@harveys_gardener did some research on the AFC group and found new names attached to the firm although most appeared to be lawyers rather than potential owners. Read more on page 1089 http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/77551/sale-of-charlton-pg-946-statement-from-club-expecting-a-takeover-of-the-club-to-be-completed/p1089

A "rumour" that appeared to originate with Colin Sams/Bexley Boy set yet another deadline, this time that nothing would happen until after the Norwich game on 28 July. Why this was the case wasn't made clear.

@Grapevine49 wrote an essay far too long for a summary but still very much worth the read. In essence he debunked the argument, put forward by a few posters, that the Aussies were in anyway responsible for or to blame for the directors loans not being settled. Read it in full here http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/77551/sale-of-charlton-pg-946-statement-from-club-expecting-a-takeover-of-the-club-to-be-completed/p1105

Lee Bowyer held an unannounced Q & A at the new kit launch and said that he was meeting with Richard Murray the next day (Friday 20) to learn about progress on the takeover. Lee publicly stated that he didn't feel the uncertainty over the takeover was impacting on player recruitment but he later said that any sale of Josh Magennis was out of his hands.

But with no firm news and little new information that thread continued in what we must now refer to as the @Scoham Takeover Infinity Loop which said poster accurately described as

1. Someone posts they’ve heard the deal may go through next week.

2. Excitement builds as we get close to the deadline.

3. Deadline passes. Nothing is said by the club or reported by the local media.

4. Discussions on here around reasons for the delay amongst more puns, gifs etc.

5. A few agree they have doubts about the Aussies or the deal even going through.

6. Others post that the Aussies aren’t the enemy, RD is to blame etc.

Repeat.

Over to you @AFKABartram

It's not often a "summary" post rivals a @Grapevine49 post for length.

I'd hate to see how many volumes the full-length version ran for ...
  • Options

Scoham said:

Their multi millionaires they don’t care and inflation is 2.4%, Rolands debt is rising too at the rate of at least £1mn a month he has been farting around with this deal for a year, that’s £12mn wasted he could have paid them off and be £5mn better off.
    So you are saying that it’s the Director loans that are holding this up ?

Only Roland knows that, but he agreed a deal and said he would sort out those Loans without knowing what Ex Directors would say, unless he was told by one that they wouldn’t be a problem.
    Then guess what there was .
  • Options
    Page 1111 today?
  • Options
    Isn’t Murray owed the most? Wonder if he’s willing to do a deal or write his off? Perhaps he’s using it to negotiate a seat at the new table.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!