Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    johnny73 said:

So, we have a billionaire owner too stubborn to pay off ex directors.

We have prospective owners who will only purchase with a clean title and will not pay off ex directors.

We have 7 ex-directors who are unlikely to accept a payoff less than 100% because they hate Murray / don't trust duche or just want their money back.

Meanwhile the club is being run into the ground.

and we aint heard a thing from RedBull
  • Options
    edited July 2018

FFS. Both sides have stated tbat the price has been agreed. The £7m loans were known b4 they made their statements. Only repayable in the Prem. Costing £1-2m to repay earlier than the 5 year plan to top flight. This issue is not a deal breaker unless someone ITK says it is. Stop speculating on stuff with no logical basis.

So why was an offer finally made in June 2018?
    Source? What does it matter when the bid was made? I suspect much before June, Charlton scarf time.
    It was made following the sale of Konsa. My source is multiple ex-directors.
  • Options

We are just having the same debate that we had two weeks ago, that we had four weeks ago, 6 weeks ago, 3 months ago....

True

Even the fish puns are repeating themselves
    What is wrong with you? That is an apprawning thing to say...
  • Options
    johnny73 said:

We have prospective owners who will only purchase with a clean title and will not pay off ex directors.

We have 7 ex-directors who are unlikely to accept a payoff less than 100% because they hate Murray / don't trust duche or just want their money back.

I don’t think Murray hates himself, but it’s a bit late at night for psychology.
  • Options
    So that's why we've had all the fish puns...Murray -> Murray Cod -> Australian predator.

It's a sign everybody...it's gonna happen!!!
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    I suspect that when the consortium was set up someone, possibly Muir, laid down some ground rules. I suspect obtaining 'clean title' was one of them. So not easy to skip round issues like directors' loans, or other baggage from the past.

And I'm pretty sure the bid was made before June.
  • Options
    edited July 2018

FFS. Both sides have stated tbat the price has been agreed. The £7m loans were known b4 they made their statements. Only repayable in the Prem. Costing £1-2m to repay earlier than the 5 year plan to top flight. This issue is not a deal breaker unless someone ITK says it is. Stop speculating on stuff with no logical basis.

Source? What does it matter when the bid was made? I suspect much before June, Charlton scarf time.
    So Muir spent over a million on DD and only made a bid for the Addicks in June? Do us a favour Rick. And what about the £7m that you keep saying is an issue. Did it only come to light after the bid in JUNE? Utter bollocks.
    The loans are what you were discussing and what I responded on. I’ve said above that the issue will always have been known about by any serious bidder. Hence the question - why was no attempt made to address it (with an offer of 25%) until June 2018? Why did it happen then? Something triggered it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Wrong it was June and if you recall I posted they had till the 24th to make their decision

I refuse to believe Roland didn’t know about them I reckon he just thought the next owners should he sell would do the same as him and not do anything until the club reached the prem
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Agree with @clem_snide
    I don’t live locally any more but I’m back this weekend visiting family. We drove past The Valley earlier and it was such a sad sight. Or maybe, feeling. The ground still fills me with pride.
    But....How has it been allowed for our club to be treated like this?
    We’re being left to die and that cannot be acceptable for any club, let alone one with our history.
    If the Aussies are playing a waiting game then maybe they should fk off and buy some other club. One that isn’t as big as us.
    If they’re not and it’s RD running us into the ground, then he is pure evil.
    But either way, it’s time the record was put straight. And not in some bullshit statement or half arsed meeting.

• Options

Wrong it was June and if you recall I posted they had till the 24th to make their decision

I refuse to believe Roland didn’t know about them I reckon he just thought the next owners should he sell would do the same as him and not do anything until the club reached the prem
    This. I expect RD naively thought that he could simply pass the baton on (geddit ?) as the £7m is only fully repaid when in the Prem, at which time it is a drop in the ocean. If I was one of the ex-directors I would be taking my money now, even at 25%, because I seriously think we have no chance if getting into the Prem within the next 10-15 years, at which time their £500k would have been greatly eroded by inflation etc.

I'm done with the Aussies now anyway. As previous posters have said, their spiel of wanting to buy the club because of its great fan base & Muir/GM lording it at the play off games has proved to be just rhetoric. If they really want to get the fans back onside they are going completely the wrong way about it. Actions speak louder than words. In my eyes they are even worse than RD. At least with him we know he doesn't give a shit & we are only 2% of his empire.
    I think this consensus is growing amongst many
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

This. I expect RD naively thought that he could simply pass the baton on (geddit ?) as the £7m is only fully repaid when in the Prem, at which time it is a drop in the ocean. If I was one of the ex-directors I would be taking my money now, even at 25%, because I seriously think we have no chance if getting into the Prem within the next 10-15 years, at which time their £500k would have been greatly eroded by inflation etc.

I'm done with the Aussies now anyway. As previous posters have said, their spiel of wanting to buy the club because of its great fan base & Muir/GM lording it at the play off games has proved to be just rhetoric. If they really want to get the fans back onside they are going completely the wrong way about it. Actions speak louder than words. In my eyes they are even worse than RD. At least with him we know he doesn't give a shit & we are only 2% of his empire.
    What an extraordinarily sad statement. What actions are you talking about?
    Presumably turning up and buying a scarf. Personally, I’m grateful they put in an appearance, because just imagine the conspiracy theories on here by now if they hadn’t appeared in the flesh.
    We've already got the conspiracy theories - only with the non-existent British bid instead.

Until they surface in some form or another I won't believe that bid even exists or goes beyond Murray scrambling to put a consortium together.
  • Options
    Can Roland not just knock x amount off the agreed purchase price and the Aussies take on the £7m loan that they may never have to repay anyway?

I understand wanting a fresh start but surely there is some sort of wiggle room here...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

johnny73 said:

I don’t think Murray hates himself, but it’s a bit late at night for psychology.
    Edited. Thanks.
  • Options
    edited July 2018

Will another offer be made when RD recieves an unexpected windfall from Lookman moving to RB Leipzig?
  • Options
    Rothko said:

JamesSeed said:

Much of what you say doesn’t make sense. The great fan base is one of several reasons. What’s wrong with that.
    And they weren’t ‘lording it’ by wearing scarves. They thought (wrongly I know) that they were on the brink, and they wanted to show a bit of enthusiasm, and meet a few fans. What’s wrong with that?
    We all need to calm down a bit.
    We’re less then two weeks away from the season starting, along with the transfer window closing. Fans are seeing a season about to be wasted, and at worst another relegation struggle.

But we should stay calm, because the Aussies are out there somewhere, also watching the clubs further decline
    Yep. Refusing to be the ones shelling out an extra seven million pounds because RD fucked up. He dug this hole he has to climb out of it. The consortium of the clearly plans further ahead than this season coming, one poor season is less of a concern from a business perspective than paying off RD's mistakes when now we're in for a tough season no matter what.
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

Presumably turning up and buying a scarf. Personally, I’m grateful they put in an appearance, because just imagine the conspiracy theories on here by now if they hadn’t appeared in the flesh.
    As a man in the know what more can you currently share?

I assume you have information that potentially you don't feel able to make public yet but what is your belief as to likelihood of this being resolved soon?

The speculation on who is responsible for current delays is just that by the rest of us but do you expect this to be complete ?
  • Options

I knew someone had hacked your account when you posted something positive last week about us signing Pratley. The real golfie is back.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!