Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

‘Done Deal’ just won the 2.50 Chelmsford at 33/1. It’s a sign.

"Done Deal" or "#donedeal"?
  • Options
    Blimey, if we'd known it was running I'm quite sure loads of us would have had a little flutter. Might have paid for my season tickets (that I haven't bought yet honest.)
  • Options
    Did you put money on it VG?
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Did you put money on it VG?

I didn’t no. It’s never run before so stayed well away. Sod’s law.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Solidgone said:

#JamesSeed - is the Aussie consortium aware of the fans frustration on length of time taken on takeover process and the looming transfer closure of which will put the Addicks on the back foot for the first half of the season. Would they be able to put out some reassurance/update on whether it’s going to happen and cause of the delay or at least get the Cloob to put out some communique?

Everyone wants it to happen asap.
    It will happen.
    All the way along there have been delays because of a variety of issues, but I'm not sure if issuing statements with predictions of timescale would have been worthwhile, because they would ALL have been wrong. That would only ramp up the pressure. The only time a date was mentioned was on 18th May when they expected it all to be sorted by the end of the next week. I doubt they'd want to make that mistake again. They're certainly not delaying things deliberately, to get a lower price or anything like that. If it's true that more documents need to be produced then it could be that they are waiting for banks, or institutions, to produce them.

On May 18th they said the project had already been a two year process, from the very beginning. Not sure when they first approached the club though, or when they first got mentioned as potential buyers?
    And although they've talked of a 5 year plan, I suspect they hope to be around a lot longer than that.
    #JamesSeed - Thanks
  • Options
    My inside source tells me the deal will likely be announced just after the Norwich game. Didn't even know we was playing Norwich
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

My inside source tells me the deal will likely be announced just after the Norwich game. Didn't even know we was playing Norwich

Realising I'm at risk of an unsophisticated wind up - Norwich pre-season friendly on 28 July at The Valley.
    Less than a week before the season proper kicks off oop north and via the unmentionable satellite broadcaster.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

That would be good.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I'm floundering just waiting for this takeover.

Accept it. Eel never sell
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

JamesSeed said:

On May 18th they said the project had already been a two year process, from the very beginning.
    Not sure when they first approached the club though, or when they first got mentioned as potential buyers?

And although they've talked of a 5 year plan, I suspect they hope to be around a lot longer than that.

5 year plan?

They'd better hurry up. They've only got 3 years left.

Five years from the time they buy the club
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Is there any connection between this thread and the Jehovah witnesses ?
    The end is nigh.
  • Options
    1086. The year the Doomsday Book was completed.

I'm sure there's a punchline, but I really can't be arsed...
  • Options
    Nor me
  • Options
    That sounds better too “takeover abandoned as no complete version of the Domesday book of Charlton’s assets could be found. Only existing copy has several Expenditure pages obfuscated by what appears to be lipstick”
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I could have bought all of Charlton for £7......and that would have included The Valley Cafe.
  • Options
    So CARD are the true inheritors of Anglo-Saxon resistance.
  • Options

‘Done Deal’ just won the 2.50 Chelmsford at 33/1. It’s a sign.

Get on, "Dollar and a dream" 1.50 Uttoxeter, 20/1
  • Options
    William the Conquerer was my 26th Great Grandfather.

Just saying.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

So CARD are the true inheritors of Anglo-Saxon resistance.

Resistance which was utterly crushed and destroyed followed by a period of brutal repression and the destruction of a whole way of life.

Have a great day, everyone.
    Worst thing that ever happened to this country - it's taken us nearly 1,000 years to realise it and get out of French and German dominated Europe.

(Awaits bellicose replies from Remainers - but please, careful with those arrows!)

• Options

The end is nigh.

No one has knocked at my door, from this thread yet
  • Options

The end is nigh.

No one has knocked at my door, from this thread yet
    Wait until your ST is delivered by Bowyer.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!