Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Addickted said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Addickted said:
    Was anything mentioned about the £30m bid from a 'former banker'?
    Crock of shit comments above 
    Only asked because of the recent link to Nicola Cortese which would tie in with some of the Bidder 5 elements of LDTs response.

It should have been the first question anybody asked 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    1614 Pocahontas marries English colonist John Rolfe.

You're a bit off your game happyvalley. Still better to be a little late than premature my wife tells me.

• Options
    These posts are the only ones in this thread I actually look forward to.
  • Options
    These posts are the only ones in this thread I actually look forward to.
    I agree. Fairly sure that my dad John Rolfe is in no way at all related and married Heather Felicity Peacock in 1972. 

Hoping we dont get get that far though. 
  • Options
    Have we signed Delort yet? 
  • Options
    Seems slightly less lazy than the Sky / BT Sport reports. Obviously tilted more toward the Aussies but has at least got details in there, so maybe more informed by someone in the bid? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As others have said, it seems very unlikely that we're anywhere close to a sale and I think that, by now, we all take LDT's usual words of sophistry with a pinch of salt.

The idea of three different prices having been agreed - with the 'International party' yet to even complete due diligence - is odd and also apparently inconsistent with the club's website, which records that "LDT said RD doesn’t want to lower the price." The latter point is really the nub of the matter, although how long can this idiot go on absorbing £10 million annual losses ? The monthly operating losses may have come down but the failure to secure our best players on extended contracts - a consequence of 18 months in limbo - means that Duchatelet has, Taylor aside, more or less run out of saleable assets.

I'm very grateful to our supporters on the Fans Forum and particularly to those like @Henry Irving, @razil and others who took the opportunity to subject LDT to (as one judge put it) "the purifying ordeal of cross-examination".
  • Options
    Do people genuinely and seriously buy into this fiction that this LDV Vans fella regurgitates on a monthly basis?
    The reason why he keeps peddling this utter tripe is because he reads this forum and knows that people get really excited about the fairly tales and yarns he spins! It’s the same rubbish that we’ve been hearing time and time and time again, and yet people pitch up to these masquerades of a meeting and treat LDV Vans  like he’s the love child of the despicable Jim White! 
    It’s beyond any sense of normality and comprehension that he’s even given the time of day! We’ve had this bull for over 12 months now; starting with the complete farce that was the Australian ‘bid’, through to fictitious British bidders, bankers, and now another overseas interested party! Laugh, I nearly went to Ethiopia!
    You’ll forgive me for being aghast at this latest tripe, but experience has proven that LDV Vans is taking us all for a ride under the behest of our tyrant of an owner!
    Always been a game, always will be a game to these clowns. 
    I’ve said it time and time again, it’s Duchatelet ‘payback’, and the last year or so has proved that!!!
    Nail on head.
  • Options
    Do people genuinely and seriously buy into this fiction that this LDV Vans fella regurgitates on a monthly basis?

If you read the notes then the answer is clearly "no"
  • Options
    How on earth can 3 different prices have been agreed with 3 separate parties?

If this was true (which i doubt) and you were one of the 3 parties, the first thing you'd be on the phone asking was 'am i paying the lowest price, and if not why have you accepted a lower offer from one or both of the other 2 parties'.
  • Options
    How on earth can 3 different prices have been agreed with 3 separate parties?

If this was true (which i doubt) and you were one of the 3 parties, the first thing you'd be on the phone asking was 'am i paying the lowest price, and if not why have you accepted a lower offer from one or both of the other 2 parties'.
     I doubt it is 100% true but my guess is that he would say that that prices have differing front payments and contingency payments.

In reality I think there is both an element of the money men not being willing to pay the inflated prices and the brokers "agreeing" a price and then looking around for people willing to pay it, hoping to get their fee.

Duchatelet has, as usual, created a mess out of what could have been so simple.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2019
    What's the odds of our new owners turning up with scarfes at the play offs
    The world would probably end. 
  • Options
    When it happens, it happens. 

Just hope its sooner rather than later.
  • Options
    The 4everhouse compromise B

Sell the club lock stock and barrel for £7 million.  Pay off the current charges on the assets with said £7 million.  

RD gets £6 million a year for the first 10 years we are back in the prem. Everyone's a winner.  Free unicorns for all :-) 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Not sure if anyone has picked up on this from the official minutes;

Alan Dryland (German Addicks) said he feels sympathetic towards RD, he said the club are losing £10m a year and that still 10,000 turn up to hate him. He asked what the attraction is? He said no-one is winning from it”

Firstly, there’s a German Addicks? Really?

Secondly, why on earth do they have sympathy with RD? Or is that just a poor choice of wording in the minutes?

Thirdly, is there any prospect of them goose stepping into Belgium again anytime soon and handing out some slaps?

I do find this a bit bizarre. Like @Razil was there representing the Swedish Addicks. I will put myself forward to represent the French Addicks. Anyone else care to join in?

• Options
    Off_it said:
    Not sure if anyone has picked up on this from the official minutes;

Alan Dryland (German Addicks) said he feels sympathetic towards RD, he said the club are losing £10m a year and that still 10,000 turn up to hate him. He asked what the attraction is? He said no-one is winning from it”

Firstly, there’s a German Addicks? Really?

Secondly, why on earth do they have sympathy with RD? Or is that just a poor choice of wording in the minutes?

Thirdly, is there any prospect of them goose stepping into Belgium again anytime soon and handing out some slaps?

I do find this a bit bizarre. Like @Razil was there representing the Swedish Addicks. I will put myself forward to represent the French Addicks. Anyone else care to join in?

I'll head up the Colombian Addicks...an opportunity not to be sniffed at
    Robbie I own more houses than Liverpool council Fowler to give the managers job a crack.
  • Options
    JWADDICK said:
    1612, 10 witches from Pendle Lancashire are hanged after being found guilty of witchcraft.
    Alice Nutter was an ancestor of mine.

Just saying.
    " For whene the Brekksitters resolve to move heaven and bringe this land to a new worlde and the frakkers shall undermine all goode things only then shall the darke one arise from Europe's cockpit and put an ende to thy suffering and turmoil. Only then will the heartache endeth for the downtrodden folk in the Valley of the Blessed and great shall be the rejoicing."

Another "Nice and Accurate Prophecy" from the old girl!

Oh sorry, this was Agnes Nutter, not your esteemed ancestor #Wheresmeticket.

Apologies and acknowledgements to Messrs Pratchett and Gaiman :)     
    We have "Nutters" in our family, going back generations! 😉
  • Options
    irudd123 said:
    Maybe I'm just a cynical hack but the Fox and Sky reports both look to be lifted from the same press release which has Tom Rubinstein's finger prints all over it.

Why is the club so keen for the world to think a take over is imminent when clearly,  it is not?

Season ticket time!!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!